Sponsored

MangeRide Handling Pack help needed

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I need some help from the suspension guys. I have always been about straight line performance and never really concerned myself with handling as I have never owned anything worthy until now. I purchased my 2020 GT Premium A10 PP1 w/ MagneRide with the purpose of adding big power for the street/strip, but I may have caught a bit of the handling bug fter driving this car on some back roads. I made the decision that I would make an effort not to negatively impact the handling of the car where possible in my pursuit of 1/4 mile times. I have done several mods in preparation for the power including CF driveshaft, 2000hp axles and BMR cradle lockout with the Steeda inserts. In an effort to improve the stance of the car as well as an increase in handling, I ordered the Magneride Handling Pack. Over the past few days I have been installing it along with LCA bearings, toe link bearing, BMR toe rods, Steeda adjustable camber arms, Steeda camber plates and Steeda vertical links. I finished everything up yesterday and drove it up to my shop to align it and was very disappointed in the ride quality. All of the reviews I have read indicated that there was minimal effect on ride quality but this the car now seems extremely bouncy (perhaps not the right word, maybe harsh?). I have not done the software update, but I did try out a DSC controller with no real change. Honestly, I'm probably not very "in tune" with suspension changes as I couldn't feel the difference between MagneRide settings prior to these mods, so for me to notice such a significant difference in ride quality says a lot. I am seriously considering swapping back out to the stock springs and sway bars unless anyone has any suggestions. Have people downplayed the ride quality with this kit? I am I just getting to old to appreciate that it should be this way? Did I do something wrong when I installed it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did you trim the bumpstops? That would probably have the biggest adverse affect (besides what the springs will do). Also, make sure your swaybars are on the softest settings too.

The stock Ford PP1 springs are the spring rate they are for a reason. Its about as a casual driver interested in 'handing' will tolerate before it starts to become too much of an acquired taste. Don't feel too bad if its too much for you (but check the above before giving up on it).

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you trim the bumpstops? That would probably have the biggest adverse affect (besides what the springs will do). Also, make sure your swaybars are on the softest settings too.

The stock Ford PP1 springs are the spring rate they are for a reason. Its about as a casual driver interested in 'handing' will tolerate before it starts to become too much of an acquired taste. Don't feel too bad if its too much for you (but check the above before giving up on it).
Does it have bump stops? I checked the front and there were none. I didn’t even think to check the rear. Just to confirm, the holes closest to the end of the bar are the softest?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Does it have bump stops? I checked the front and there were none. I didn’t even think to check the rear. Just to confirm, the holes closest to the end of the bar are the softest?
right magnaride doesnt have bump stops. Thats old analog hardware :)

Correct, closest to the end of the bar is the softest setting on the bar (longest lever arm)

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I need some help from the suspension guys. I have always been about straight line performance and never really concerned myself with handling as I have never owned anything worthy until now. I purchased my 2020 GT Premium A10 PP1 w/ MagneRide with the purpose of adding big power for the street/strip, but I may have caught a bit of the handling bug fter driving this car on some back roads. I made the decision that I would make an effort not to negatively impact the handling of the car where possible in my pursuit of 1/4 mile times. I have done several mods in preparation for the power including CF driveshaft, 2000hp axles and BMR cradle lockout with the Steeda inserts. In an effort to improve the stance of the car as well as an increase in handling, I ordered the Magneride Handling Pack. Over the past few days I have been installing it along with LCA bearings, toe link bearing, BMR toe rods, Steeda adjustable camber arms, Steeda camber plates and Steeda vertical links. I finished everything up yesterday and drove it up to my shop to align it and was very disappointed in the ride quality. All of the reviews I have read indicated that there was minimal effect on ride quality but this the car now seems extremely bouncy (perhaps not the right word, maybe harsh?). I have not done the software update, but I did try out a DSC controller with no real change. Honestly, I'm probably not very "in tune" with suspension changes as I couldn't feel the difference between MagneRide settings prior to these mods, so for me to notice such a significant difference in ride quality says a lot. I am seriously considering swapping back out to the stock springs and sway bars unless anyone has any suggestions. Have people downplayed the ride quality with this kit? I am I just getting to old to appreciate that it should be this way? Did I do something wrong when I installed it?
I felt the same way about the ride of my HPP after installing Steeda springs, bouncy in normal mode, but much improved in track mode. Not sure if it's I who adapted to it or the springs eventually settled with the magneride but the car handling is much improved after a couple of months of them installed. Leave them on for a couple of months, let everything settle in.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
after installing Steeda springs, bouncy in normal mode, but much improved in track mode
rebound damping (or lack thereof) in Normal mode but got increased when you went to Track.

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I felt the same way about the ride of my HPP after installing Steeda springs, bouncy in normal mode, but much improved in track mode. Not sure if it's I who adapted to it or the springs eventually settled with the magneride but the car handling is much improved after a couple of months of them installed. Leave them on for a couple of months, let everything settle in.
Admittedly, It seemed less noticeable as the weekend went on. I’ll give it some time, mainly because I have no motivation to swap them back out at this point.
Sponsored