2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with the Ford Performance school.
Talked to a very nice guy.
-Dates should be available in next couple weeks, 2-3. He says probably starting in September
-He says they don't have all the Mach 1's for the school yet, only 10 and they need about 23
-Lastly I asked him "is the Mach 1 a Ford Performance vehicle?" He said "yes it is, or it wouldn't have the track attack available if it wasn't"

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I just got off the phone with the Ford Performance school.
Talked to a very nice guy.
-Dates should be available in next couple weeks, 2-3. He says probably starting in September
-He says they don't have all the Mach 1's for the school yet, only 10 and they need about 23
-Lastly I asked him "is the Mach 1 a Ford Performance vehicle?" He said "yes it is, or it wouldn't have the track attack available if it wasn't"
Did you happen to ask about the owners supplement that has been mentioned on here?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you happen to ask about the owners supplement that has been mentioned on here?
I did, and he did not know anything about that.
He did agree that Ford is behind on the Mach 1 info
Chalk it up to Covid I guess... everyone else uses it as an excuse right.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I did, and he did not know anything about that.
He did agree that Ford is behind on the Mach 1 info
Chalk it up to Covid I guess... everyone else uses it as an excuse right.
I signed up before I got the letter. Call Ford Performance they will ask for your vin number. That's it they will give you the dates that are open.
enjoy it's a blast

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
Just attended GT350 track attack last week. They have a bunch of Mach 1s out there for classes.
I am curious, for these track attacks, is there always an instructor in the car with you? Do they space the cars out enough that you don't have to worry about someone going too slow in front of you (or being too slow for someone else)?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I am curious, for these track attacks, is there always an instructor in the car with you? Do they space the cars out enough that you don't have to worry about someone going too slow in front of you (or being too slow for someone else)?
I would guess there’s always an instructor and lots of spacing. Otherwise it could quickly turn into demolition derby pretty quick :cwl:

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
There is not always an instructor. Cars are spaced out decently, but I was still getting caught in traffic quite quickly and unfortunately the guy in front of me had his ego in the passenger seat and refused to point by.

You'll have a lead follow session where you're alone learning the track, a session with an instructor, a session alone, and then a ride along with the instructor behind the wheel. Between those track outings there was classroom time, an oversteer/understeer demonstration where everyone will have a ride in the instruction car, a slalom demonstrating the different modes, and a heel/toe session (May not apply to the Mach 1 since some have the 10 speed).

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
There is not always an instructor. Cars are spaced out decently, but I was still getting caught in traffic quite quickly and unfortunately the guy in front of me had his ego in the passenger seat and refused to point by.

You'll have a lead follow session where you're alone learning the track, a session with an instructor, a session alone, and then a ride along with the instructor behind the wheel. Between those track outings there was classroom time, an oversteer/understeer demonstration where everyone will have a ride in the instruction car, a slalom demonstrating the different modes, and a heel/toe session (May not apply to the Mach 1 since some have the 10 speed).
I can't friggen wait. planning a marlin trip out of NC next year as well, so maybe I can get all the dates to line up and just stay an extra 2 days.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning a trip out to Asheville Labor Day, maybe I extend this trip if it works out!

Micklimey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 J0017

I did the GT350 track attack in Charlotte last year. They had classrooms in the morning and toe heel etc. afternoon was three sessions of lead follow. Most groups were set up with one instructor and three students. The instructor would go as fast as you would push them. If you had a slow car in the first session they would move people around to different groups. They did not allow us to pass at all except at the end of each lap when we changed the order up. That way each person got to be behind the instructor for at least one lap each session. Reason this was important was because you could push the car harder behind the instructor. Some students i was behind would brake too soon which caused a slinky effect. They may have changed it since last July but there was no solo laps back then In the one day track attack.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I did the GT350 track attack in Charlotte last year. They had classrooms in the morning and toe heel etc. afternoon was three sessions of lead follow. Most groups were set up with one instructor and three students. The instructor would go as fast as you would push them. If you had a slow car in the first session they would move people around to different groups. They did not allow us to pass at all except at the end of each lap when we changed the order up. That way each person got to be behind the instructor for at least one lap each session. Reason this was important was because you could push the car harder behind the instructor. Some students i was behind would brake too soon which caused a slinky effect. They may have changed it since last July but there was no solo laps back then In the one day track attack.
I did mine in 2019 at the Utah Motorsports Campus. They even specifically told us to allow point by passing. That's unfortunate they changed it.
Sponsored