MACh1 Track Attack 4-16-24 !!

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Had a F'n Blast !! Had lunch at the Speed Way Club prior to our 1pm start. Got back to my room around 11pm after running 4 sessions under the lights! I cannot tell you how un-nerving it was running the ROVAL at night! Lights...Jumbotrons and bright taillights! Parts of the course were very well lit, but some of the infield turns were dark enough to make apex cones very hard to pick-up!
I have NEVER pushed a car so hard before in my life and all I can say is what every instructor echoed......These cars are indeed a very well built...purpose built....track car! The car goes where it's pointed and I am still how good the brakes are! After 2 track sessions I was really expecting to fell typical Ford brake fade and wobbling rotors..... That third session finally made me a believer in the Brembos ! I figured I hadn't stuck it into the wall, so I decided to lose my reservations and accept the fact $6K wasn't going to end me!!! Pushed the car harder and I'm still in one piece this morning and #15 got me back to the garage! What a F;n day!!!!!

IMG_0141.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0145.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0146.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0147.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0150.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0151.jpg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I want to go back again because it was so much fun. Even though it rained due to a hurricane at the time, I still went plenty fast but I'd love to do it while it was dry. These cars perform amazingly even in the rain on PS4S. I think this is one of the last high performing "tunable" Mustangs we're going to see.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I want to go back again because it was so much fun. Even though it rained due to a hurricane at the time, I still went plenty fast but I'd love to do it while it was dry. These cars perform amazingly even in the rain on PS4S. I think this is one of the last high performing "tunable" Mustangs we're going to see.
100% agree about tunability. I was on the fence about my choice of the Mustang over the Camaro but after helping my buddy work on his Camaro 1LE, I don’t regret it at all. The Mustang is so easy to work on and tune which makes up for its slight stock chassis deficit over the Camaro for me. I am faster than him in my PP1 now also with maybe $5k in mods, making my car still $5k cheaper than his overall.

The Mach 1 is my next move. Everything I do to my PP1 I’m making sure is easily reversible so I can transfer to a Mach in a couple years. That black Mach 1 above is my dream spec, gorgeous car.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed 100%. How many miles now Matt? I'm still at 1,600 but that will change this summer.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Agreed 100%. How many miles now Matt? I'm still at 1,600 but that will change this summer.
6,500, lol. Not near enough for a 2021.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Loved Track Attack. Worth every penny IMO. I drive more confidently in my car knowing I am nowhere near its limits. It also kept me an honest man as I told my wife I needed to attend it to make me a better driver. Steak dinner wasn’t bad either…

IMG_9025.jpeg

IMG_9065.jpeg

Last edited:

Iloukc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Loved Track Attack. Worth every penny IMO. I drive more confidently in my car knowing I am nowhere near its limits. It also kept me an honest man as I told my wife I needed to attend it to make me a better driver. Steak dinner wasn’t bad either…

IMG_9025.jpeg

IMG_9065.jpeg
I drove that red #8 last October. Agree, it was a great event!

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I drove that red #8 last October. Agree, it was a great event!
It was a great time. I had to go back for two more days at the roval. I have to fly to Vegas to drive the Ron Fellows C8. $1000 for 2 days and a one night stay. Missed the free delivery laps at the National museum, ran out of time and had to get on the road.
Veazey (6).JPG

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It was a great time. I had to go back for two more days at the roval. I have to fly to Vegas to drive the Ron Fellows C8. $1000 for 2 days and a one night stay. Missed the free delivery laps at the National museum, ran out of time and had to get on the road.
Veazey (6).JPG
23veazey.jpg
23veazey.jpg

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
What's the deal with he night time session? Sounds cool. Was the track being used during the day for something else?

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Veazey (6).JPG
How was the museum delivery experience?

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
How was the museum delivery experience?
I was indecisive initially because they raised the price in 2024 and you still pay $1695 destination charge (on the window sticker). So happy I did it afterwards. The place is awesome if you enjoy cars. Lots to see, history from C1 to C8. Very cool cars everywhere. You get a guided tour but all of the museum is set up for a very informative self guided tour. If you want (I did) you can stay all day and go back to the tour at your own pace and interest level. Many, many tutorials and videos I missed. Unfortunately, I did not tour again. Should have allowed another night at the hotel. My delivery was at 8:30 and I still ran out of time as I had 3 hours + of break in drive planned. Missed the racetrack and the NCM time as well. 1000 miles on the C8 and Loving it? I do miss
tail.jpg
the Mach 1 too! Pic just south of the Tail of the Dragon the next day.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was indecisive initially because they raised the price in 2024 and you still pay $1695 destination charge (on the window sticker). So happy I did it afterwards. The place is awesome if you enjoy cars. Lots to see, history from C1 to C8. Very cool cars everywhere. You get a guided tour but all of the museum is set up for a very informative self guided tour. If you want (I did) you can stay all day and go back to the tour at your own pace and interest level. Many, many tutorials and videos I missed. Unfortunately, I did not tour again. Should have allowed another night at the hotel. My delivery was at 8:30 and I still ran out of time as I had 3 hours + of break in drive planned. Missed the racetrack and the NCM time as well. 1000 miles on the C8 and Loving it? I do miss
tail.jpg
Car looks great, I love the color. The museum is very cool indeed. We spent a half a day there last summer. Cool to see people taking delivery of their cars there. Glad to hear you had a good experience! Wish Ford would do something like that for Mustang…

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
tail.jpg
Looks great Dal!!! Glad you have her.
Sponsored