• Poll closed .

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
At years end, it will be interesting to see the take rate numbers.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Sorry, I beg to differ on the ease of teaching someone to drive stick that never drives the car much. Or maybe needs to get my drunk ass home once in a while.
Kids don't have attention span and wife has never driven one and I wouldn't want the stress of her inexperience trying to figure out driving manual when I need her full focus on the road so she doesn't crash my Mach. Unfortunately life changes and needs change. I'll adapt and try tiptronic
Somehow, the thought of driving a manual on the outer drive in this day and age is not good. Ditto, Greenbay Rd. One has to be a masochist imho ............ :crackup:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Where does the DCT fit in this?
I would have gone with the DCT if it had been an option on the Mach 1. Since it wasn't, I went with the A10 given it's faster than my shifting will ever be. I love my '15 GT Premium with the manual, but the A10 behind the Mach1 engine will blow it away.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ll say get the manual. This is my first auto and I like it ok. I don’t know the A10, but it looks like it can go real quick because of the trans. If I have to redo again, it’s going to be a manual because I really miss the engagement with the car and it’s actually pretty fun driving a standard.

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I imagine this is a popular flame war question :-D

I had Mini Cooper JCW with manual for almost a decade, spent a lof ot nice time with it on the track, but at the end of the day, most driving was normal traffic, calm or spirited, lot of city traffic on lights, in jams, and for me the automatic is really a miracle now in VW Passat TFSI. It still allows manual shifting with paddles when I want it and the comfort is just awesome. I'm really looking forward to the sport-tune of 10-speed in Mach 1, I'm 100% certain it won't hinder my driving experience during spirited driving.
I have been driving a stick for about 40 years and there is no comparison in or out of traffic. In traffic I watch the auto boys hitting their brake lights back and forth. Me, all I do is letup on the gas. I have NEVER had to replace brake pads and have never gone through a clutch.

Also, if you've ever had the misfortune to find your wheels on black ice, having a car that you can pop into neutral vs. an auto boy car that you don't control the relation of the wheels and the engine can make all the difference.

You just need to learn to be in the right gear for the speed and distance between you and the next car in traffic. No comparison dude.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sorry, I beg to differ on the ease of teaching someone to drive stick that never drives the car much. Or maybe needs to get my drunk ass home once in a while.
Kids don't have attention span and wife has never driven one and I wouldn't want the stress of her inexperience trying to figure out driving manual when I need her full focus on the road so she doesn't crash my Mach. Unfortunately life changes and needs change. I'll adapt and try tiptronic
If you know how to drive a stick, you can teach someone in a parking light in a half hour. I have been driving only a stick for 40 years and that's no doubt.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with both of you. Nothing will compare to the vehicle control you get with a stick. The connection to the car is unmatched by an auto.
But tonight I drove my new auto Mach1 for the 3rd time and I have to say all the drive modes and paddle shifters with auto rev matching is pretty freakin cool and fast a F***!!

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you know how to drive a stick, you can teach someone in a parking light in a half hour. I have been driving only a stick for 40 years and that's no doubt.
I strongly disagree! It takes lots of practice and time. I don’t live in the country, maybe it would be easier there.

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I strongly disagree! It takes lots of practice and time. I don’t live in the country, maybe it would be easier there.
Well, I don't live in the country either. I live in NYC. I taught some young woman to drive a stick in 30 minutes. Agree or disagree as you will. It's either you don't have the right approach, patience or are dealing with clearly the uncoordinated.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
There's nothing wrong with stick especially if it's your weekend car.

I've been driving stick for 15 years, had both manual and automatic cars for the past 2 years (both over 200 hp), so I can tell from experience that in normal boring city traffic with jams on the lights, the automatic is a great relieve. And I find it fine for sporty ride too. My choice was easy since there wasn't a dealer order for Velocity Blue with manual but only automatic and customer specced orders are not possible due to allocation of only few cars for the country. But then again I was decided for 10-speed GT even before Mach 1 with upgraded automatic was announced.

I suggest that everyone chooses what he likes most and that's it :wink:

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
There's nothing wrong with stick especially if it's your weekend car.

I've been driving stick for 15 years, had both manual and automatic cars for the past 2 years (both over 200 hp), so I can tell from experience that in normal boring city traffic with jams on the lights, the automatic is a great relieve. And I find it fine for sporty ride too. My choice was easy since there wasn't a dealer order for Velocity Blue with manual but only automatic and customer specced orders are not possible due to allocation of only few cars for the country. But then again I was decided for 10-speed GT even before Mach 1 with upgraded automatic was announced.

I suggest that everyone chooses what he likes most and that's it :wink:
Well said.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase