Sponsored

New Mach1 Order Questions:

moondocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,F250,F350, 57 Chev
Hello All,
New member hear, ready to pull the trigger on ordering a new Mach1 likely from Granger (3 1/2 hour drive for me). I dont need the handling Package, I wont track it, this will be a perky daily driver. I have never had a Mustand or a sports car. Here are the specs i am currently thinking:

Mach 1 Premium
Dark Matter Gray
700A
6sp Manual
Red Painted Calipers
Touch Screen Navigation

Add-ons: I'm pondering:
Block Heater - is this available
Window Tint (im not sure what the legal tint is for MN yet)
No Front License plate holes (I'd get some type of aftermarket bracket)
PPF for just the front end and in front of rear wheels (I live 1/2 mile on a gravel road)
Front and back wheel lip moldings (and/or some type of small mudflap)

Questions I have:
I am Minnesota (snow/ice), Has anyone had Granger swap the summer tires to some all seasons on a new Mach 1?
Rough cost of window tint? I have never had anything tinted before
Rough cost of front end ppf?
What are the all season tire options?
Are the Mach 1 Premium standard seats all black with the 1/2 inch or so accent strip in the seat back?
I Went to a local dealer to check out a GT and the standard seats are nice, and fit me will, are the Mach 1 seats the same size/style as the GT?
if I place an order in the next week or 2, once my questions are answered whats the rough delivery time currently? per posts I've read people are saying between 2-7 months?

That should do it for now for questions, thanks for your feedback...
Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Leather seats are similar size as GT...but soooo much nicer leather/stitching

Do you have to get the B&O or Elite to get Navigation? I don't know.

That's the color combo I would have gotten if I did a 22.

rongxanh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bao
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 700A, MT Oxford White (due March)
Questions I have:
I am Minnesota (snow/ice), Has anyone had Granger swap the summer tires to some all seasons on a new Mach 1?

- I haven't asked them. I'll probably ask about what they can/can't do for me when the car gets there.

- I tinted my Mk7 GTI for about $350 all the way around back in 2018 for a full ceramic tint. I expect somwhere between $300-400 today still

- My choices will be Michelin A/S4 or Continental DWS06 Plus

if I place an order in the next week or 2, once my questions are answered whats the rough delivery time currently? per posts I've read people are saying between 2-7 months?

- I ordered 12/22/2021 and although the order tracking system is down, I emailed Ford performance and my scheduled delivery date to Granger is Feb 22nd. So that makes it two months for me and my order is nearly the same as yours minus the nav system.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
PPF as much of the car as your budget allows.
gravel road? winter driving? on a dark colored mustang? its going to get chewed up.
prices vary quite a bit but you should be able to get all of the potential impact areas covered for $2500 or so, not including ceramic coating i would think

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Last edited:

Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Without the HP package, you will probably get it within three months when production starts again in a few weeks. 700a gets you the premium seats that fit bigger or taller folks. I would add Elite for the sound and security pkgk you get with it. Dealers usually charge $400 for tint, any normal tint ship will be under $200, some dealers force you to have them do it along with other things. The rest of the things you can do yourself except coatings, not a believer in that unless you really have rock issues and daily drive it on highways.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Might want the car cover from Ford when you order the car.
There are after market ones that are not as expensive.

Some ideas....
2015-2021 S550 Mustang Bracket ā€“ Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets (craigs-mustang-brackets.myshopify.com). $59
SpeedForm Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder; Manual 64501 (15-21 All) (americanmuscle.com)
Sto-n-sho bracket. SNS280. CJ Pony $88
Front license plate relocation kit. www.grimmspeed.com Uses tow bar hole. $80

Ford Performance M-9601-G. American Muscle $89.

JLT Performance. (2) kits $160/$170. Only need the passenger.

Front Hood gas struts. Redline $120.

LED Reverse Light. Diode Dynamics bulb XPR 6000K 3157 Cool White $39.
LED Interior Light Set. Diode Dynamics bulb set Cool White. $28

Ford Wheel Lips. VMR3Z16268A. OEMPartSource.com $255.
Ford Cup Organizer. 5L8Z7804810AAA OEMPartsSource.com $23.
Ford Cargo Net. FR3Z63550A66A OEMPartSource.com $43.
Ford Cargo Liner Softsided Large HE5Z78115A00A OEMPartSource.com $62.

(4) Floor Liners. Weathertech or Ford OEM HR3Z-631330-AA OEMPartSource.com $170/$135.
Cargo Liner (w/ subwoofer). FR3Z6111600BA OEMPartSource.com $85.
Sunscreen UVS100 VJR3Z78519A02A OEMPartSource.com $61.
Spare Wheel and Jack Kit FRZ1K007C OEMPartSource.com $197.
Cup Holder Pad ā€“ 5 spurs. $140.

Noico 80 mil (2 mm) 36 sqft (3.4 sqm) car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener

Steeda
Jacking Rails. 555-5205 $160. Or Full-Length Jacking Rails 555-5212. $160.
Subframe Bushings. 555-4449 (Mach1). $110.
Stop the hop kit ($475). 555-4455

Sway Bar Kit. 555-1017. $495.
Billet Sway Bar Mounts. 555-8149 (Poly). $220.
3-point G-Track Brace. 555-5533. $110.
H pipe 555-3611. 304 stainless (best stainless for exhaust). $220. Or X pipe.
Clutch Line 555-7016 - $80
McLeod Quick Connect Line Clip 366-139249 - $9.50
Clutch to Master Cylinder 555-7035 - $30

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Hello All,
New member hear, ready to pull the trigger on ordering a new Mach1 likely from Granger (3 1/2 hour drive for me). I dont need the handling Package, I wont track it, this will be a perky daily driver. I have never had a Mustand or a sports car. Here are the specs i am currently thinking:

Mach 1 Premium
Dark Matter Gray
700A
6sp Manual
Red Painted Calipers
Touch Screen Navigation

PPF for just the front end and in front of rear wheels (I live 1/2 mile on a gravel road)
Hello fellow Minnesotan! I was living in Minneapolis a year ago, and am a native of Omaha, so I'll try and give the best advice I can-

I didn't have Granger do it, but I swapped out my OEM Michelin Cup 4S for Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s at Costco and they have been excellent, though I haven't had a ton of snow/ice experience. If I was still in MN and I was going to make this a year-round daily I would probably have purchased a winter performance tire and an extra set of wheels. Be aware that a new set of tires is somewhat spendy (all seasons were like $1300 mounted and winter performance would have been even more)

I was quoted ~$2k for front end PPF from a good shop, but others can give a better estimate. I didn't look at window tinting. I ended up not purchasing PPF as I am undecided if I will keep the car past 5 years, and PPF cost is not recoverable when selling the vehicle.

Are the Mach 1 Premium standard seats all black with the 1/2 inch or so accent strip in the seat back?

I Went to a local dealer to check out a GT and the standard seats are nice, and fit me will, are the Mach 1 seats the same size/style as the GT?
The 700a leather seats are essentially identical to the GT seats aside from the stitch pattern and accent stripe, as far as I can tell. They are very comfortable. I would easily recommend them over the Recaro's for most people

I haven't been following the tracking threads like I used to, but I would guess 2-5 months for a non-HP car.

For what it's worth, if I were you, I would pass on the $1k nav option as all of the cars come with carplay and order the premium radio instead. The standard speakers are frankly terrible for what is billed as a "premium" sound system. I think the B&O option is badly overpriced, but may still be worth it.

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I might get laughed out of the forum but the spray coating form nexgen my brother uses on his GT and loves it for what is a dirt cheap cost and provides some protection. If Iā€™m going to spend thousands on a coating, why not just save for paint later? Is it really worth it? Honest question.

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Hello All,

Mach 1 Premium
Dark Matter Gray
700A
6sp Manual
Red Painted Calipers
Touch Screen Navigation

Questions I have:

That should do it for now for questions, thanks for your feedback...
Howdy and welcome!

So addressing the Add-ons:
  • Block heater kit should be Ford PN: 6D008
  • Legal limit in Texas is 25% but I went with 35% to be safe. I had to peel tint off one of my cars because it "failed inspection" over this.
  • I've always gone with Sto-n-sho license plate brackets for my past cars but there are plenty of other options.
    • Sto-n-sho PN: SNS280
  • On the gravel road note, I'd also look into a Novistretch bumper cover. they work great and are easy to take on/off.
    • Novistretch PN: FBM650M
  • So, if your not getting the handling package, you can still buy these parts from Ford:
    • Rear tire rock guard right: KR3Z-6328370-AA
    • Rear tire rock guard left: KR3Z-6328371-AA
    • Tire rock guard rivet (x4): W714040-S300
    • Tire rock guard screw (x4): W715060-S450B
    • Front wheel well molding kit: VMR3Z-16268-A
Answers to questions:
  1. Honestly I have no idea šŸ˜… wouldn't be a bad idea to ask them though! They are good guys who respond very quickly
  2. For good ceramic tint you pay for quality: between $319-495 for a reputable shop
  3. Full front PPF is around $1800-2000 BUT a lot of shops throw in a discount for tint since they will already be working on the car. For reference most said $250 for me.
  4. The best all season tire I have had on a sports/performance car is Continental DWS 06 PLUS. I've been through 2 sets of these through rain and snow and nothing beats them besides specialty tires.
  5. Yes, this changes from grey to orange though if you go with the Mach 1 appearance package.
  6. The Mach 1 seats feel better to me during test drives but could have been the general feeling of the car to be honest. I haven't looked into if they are the same with just a stripe if thats the question. The optional recaro seats get in the way too much getting in and out of the car for me to really appreciate them.
  7. So I was VERY lucky with a 2 month delivery time from November 29th to January 27th. With the recent shut downs due to chip and part shortages, I don't think I could give a confident answer of how long it would take šŸ˜• Ford cancelled alot of orders (mine included) in 2021 and I would hope they will try harder to avoid that mess again for 2022.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I might get laughed out of the forum but the spray coating form nexgen my brother uses on his GT and loves it for what is a dirt cheap cost and provides some protection. If Iā€™m going to spend thousands on a coating, why not just save for paint later? Is it really worth it? Honest question.
Coating makes the car a breeze to wash. If you are OCD about any imperfections every little bit of protection helps. For some itā€™s definitely not worth it. For me it was an easy decision to do it.

OP
OP
moondocks

moondocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,F250,F350, 57 Chev
Hello All,
Big thanks to all who have responded to my request for feedback
I have just sent my quote request to Granger.
I will keep everyone informed on this process and how it goes..

Last edited:

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Granger quoted me $600 for ceramic tint all four sides, may be a little high based on what others have mentioned but at least it will be done for the drive home.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Welcome.

Being non-HP, you'll have more tire options using the Ford rims. I purchased a set of A/S for $1256. I prefer Michelins, but several others have given positive comments to Continentals.

PPF pricing varies wildly and seems to be driven by two factors: 1) where do you live and 2) who is doing the work. Front-end PPF in my area approaches $2-3K. If you find a business that interests you, see if you can tour their shop while getting a quote, to get a feel for their quality.

If you are seriously considering a purchase, I'd place an order as quickly as possible. Delays are one concern. Pricing and ADMs another. Can't speak to how long it'd take to be built, but add another month afterwards, for shipping, receiving and dealer prep.

Granger get high marks all around and is well respected. You'll do fine going through them.