Sponsored

Mach 1 vs PP2 Rear Spoiler

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the PP2 rear spoiler and the standard blade style Mach 1 spoiler?
They appear to be quite similar in photos but it is hard to tell. I want a relatively subtle rear spoiler and these seem to fit the bill nicely.
I believe the PP2 part number is JR3Z-6344210-AA. Does anyone know the Mach 1 part number?
Thanks
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I haven't even seen a Mach 1 yet, but I'll bet the rear spoiler on the base Mach 1 and the PP2 are the same.

I as thinking about changing my rear spoiler to either a PP1 or the spoiler from the Mach 1 HP, But after having my PP2 up to around 100 for and extended distance and not noticing any instability, I decided to leave things alone. Why spend more money to get the same results.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Just for your info. The PP1 rear spoiler by itself is a neutral spoiler

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would bet money they are the same, just different colors. I thought I saw somewhere on here the Mach 1 spoiler is magnetic, while the PP2 is black.

Doug

OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info guys.
Does anyone have a Mach 1 VIN, then we could check the part number. I guess that would be different from the PP2 number though, even if it is only a different color.
Has anyone out there owned a PP2 and a Mach 1, or know the spoilers well enough to really confirm they are the same except for the color?

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There appears to be a slight difference between them, here's a couple pic of the two. The red is the PP2. I wasn't taking pics of the spoiler so it's not the best comparison angle on them. It looks like the Mach 1 dips a little in the middle compared to the PP2.

20200507_155801.jpg

20200618_144024.jpg

OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There appears to be a slight difference between them, here's a couple pic of the two. The red is the PP2. I wasn't taking pics of the spoiler so it's not the best comparison angle on them. It looks like the Mach 1 dips a little in the middle compared to the PP2.

20200507_155801.jpg

20200618_144024.jpg
Thanks for the try Arknsawchuck, but your Mach 1 photo has a glitch right on the spoiler :giggle::curse:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I as thinking about changing my rear spoiler to either a PP1 or the spoiler from the Mach 1 HP, But after having my PP2 up to around 100 for and extended distance and not noticing any instability, I decided to leave things alone. Why spend more money to get the same results.
Moving to the PP1 spoiler would be spending money to get reduced performance.

Your existing PP2 spoiler is functional and is designed to balance the force from the PP2 extended front splitter. The PP1 spoiler is an "appearance only" item, and is designed to provide no force (up or down) while driving.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Moving to the PP1 spoiler would be spending money to get reduced performance.

Your existing PP2 spoiler is functional and is designed to balance the force from the PP2 extended front splitter. The PP1 spoiler is an "appearance only" item, and is designed to provide no force (up or down) while driving.
Zooks, I thought I said that in my original post.
Now the spoiler off of the M1 HP is the same as the GT 350R and does provide more down force; it also obstructs part of your view through the rear window. I sat in a GT 350 to test the view out, and decided it wasn't worth the loss of view for a little more rear end down force. Especially since after driving my car at my typical high cruising speeds on lightly traveled interstates and noticing no lightness in the rear end like I had in my 13 GT, I saw no reason to change spoilers.

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the try Arknsawchuck, but your Mach 1 photo has a glitch right on the spoiler :giggle::curse:
Damn fact checkers...lol
I dont know what happened but it even messed up my original picture.

OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I dont know what happened but it even messed up my original picture.
Yeah, unlikely your original photo was corrupted and uploaded as is ;) :D
At least you tried though. I canā€™t believe no one on Mustang 6G has seen both wings up close and personal. šŸ˜¢

Last edited:
OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well no one seems to know, which is a shame and more than a bit surprising. If youā€™re selling one and could ship it to Australia, let me know and then I can get an up close look at one as I fit it to my Mustang. Thanks.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, unlikely your original photo was corrupted and uploaded as is ;) :D
At least you tried though. I canā€™t believe no one on Mustang 6G has seen both wings up close and personal. šŸ˜¢
Yeah, I've looked through my other photos and no clear shot of the spoiler. There wasn't enough of a difference that it caught my attention when I was looking at the car. Most of the focus was on the performance/appearance pack car anyway.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
With the premium Ford charge for the Mach 1, Iā€™m disappointed they couldnā€™t have found a nicer way to mess up your photo ā€¦

1625983271809.jpeg

:facepalm: :giggle: :cwl:

WD :like:
Sponsored