Mach 1 tow hook ?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
My dealer just advised me that Ford Performance is telling them , that only Shelbys' get a tow hook, none included for Mach1 from Ford anyway
Interesting given that the owner's manual says its there and supposed to be used to secure the car when towing -- on a flat bed, of course.
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
My dealer just advised me that Ford Performance is telling them , that only Shelbys' get a tow hook, none included for Mach1 from Ford anyway
Tell your dealer to look on Page 222 of the 2021 Mustang Owners Manual.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
The Mach 1 is not associated with Ford Performance, it is a Ford stand alone. This actually appears in a thread somewhere, where the question was asked.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Ok will try that route. Thanks gang

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know the specs on the receiver?

Sponsored

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
my toe hook cover is loose and jiggles around, I don’t know if someone opened it and didn’t replace it right or not. I had it ceramic coated at dealer maybe they put it in wrong. It seems like that’s not possible but hey guess I’ll pull it out now thanx for illustration

Reactions: P.C

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Just heard from my dealer that when they enter the VIN into the parts system, no tow hook shows for the Mach 1. They think it has something to do with only a tire inflator kit in these cars, regardless of what the manual says. Correct part number is EM2Z-17A954-A with a list price of just short of $40 US, but a variety of Ford suppliers has it for under $30 not including shipping. I decided to just buy it myself rather than drag this out, especially since dealers and Ford aren't having a great time right now! So thankful I put my order in early enough last year to have my car now. According to my dealer, any orders are being told October this year at the earliest! Ouch!

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Just heard from my dealer that when they enter the VIN into the parts system, no tow hook shows for the Mach 1. They think it has something to do with only a tire inflator kit in these cars, regardless of what the manual says. Correct part number is EM2Z-17A954-A with a list price of just short of $40 US, but a variety of Ford suppliers has it for under $30 not including shipping. I decided to just buy it myself rather than drag this out, especially since dealers and Ford aren't having a great time right now! So thankful I put my order in early enough last year to have my car now. According to my dealer, any orders are being told October this year at the earliest! Ouch!
So Ford went through the expense of designing a cover in the Mach 1 bumper and installed the tow hook receiver knowing the car included the inflator? Doesn't make sense, my salesman booked the cost of the hook to the deal after I ordered it at the parts counter.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
So Ford went through the expense of designing a cover in the Mach 1 bumper and installed the tow hook receiver knowing the car included the inflator? Doesn't make sense, my salesman booked the cost of the hook to the deal after I ordered it at the parts counter.
Agreed, but fighting them over it isn't worth $36 (including shipping) to me.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guys just as a heads up - us euro guys get the inflator kit (on all mustangs), but if you take it out of the trunk and strip it down, the tow hook is included in the packaging :like:

Might be worth a check ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Guys just as a heads up - us euro guys get the inflator kit (on all mustangs), but if you take it out of the trunk and strip it down, the tow hook is included in the packaging :like:

Might be worth a check ?

WD :like:
Correct, the Styrofoam housing that the inflator comes in has the impression of the tow hook cast into it but it is empty. Again another reason, why would you make the mold for the hook in the Styrofoam and not include the hook.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Correct, the Styrofoam housing that the inflator comes in has the impression of the tow hook cast into it but it is empty. Again another reason, why would you make the mold for the hook in the Styrofoam and not include the hook.
The foam housing is standard for non-spare tire Mustangs and a space for the hook, but no Mach 1 owners here have said their car was equipped with it upon delivery. A very few mentioned their dealer came up with them when asked, but it looks like Ford didn't intend to provide them even though the owners manual calls for them to be there for securing when towing and for "vehicle recovery." All things considered, I'm happy to bite for the $36 (FordPartsPrime, including shipping) so the next time mine needs to get towed (said after my day 2 experience with a flat tire!), the tow truck can secure it properly!

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
The foam housing is standard for non-spare tire Mustangs and a space for the hook, but no Mach 1 owners here have said their car was equipped with it upon delivery. A very few mentioned their dealer came up with them when asked, but it looks like Ford didn't intend to provide them even though the owners manual calls for them to be there for securing when towing and for "vehicle recovery." All things considered, I'm happy to bite for the $36 (FordPartsPrime, including shipping) so the next time mine needs to get towed (said after my day 2 experience with a flat tire!), the tow truck can secure it properly!
I totally agree with you I just dont understand that everything points to it should be there but isnt. One of life's little mysteries.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Attachments