Sponsored

Mach 1 tow hook ?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
My non-HP along with an HP both came to the dealer end of April. Both cars missing the hook and owners manual under towing section states it comes with one and if being towed on the bed of a truck the operator should attach the winch hook using the part. Ordered one at the parts department and salesman said he would take care of cost when it came in.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
My non-HP along with an HP both came to the dealer end of April. Both cars missing the hook and owners manual under towing section states it comes with one and if being towed on the bed of a truck the operator should attach the winch hook using the part. Ordered one at the parts department and salesman said he would take care of cost when it came in.
Could you post up the part number when it arrives

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I just called my dealership also, thanks for the heads up, never thought about towing, really need the hook. Thanks Chris

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I would like to add, before ordering the hook, I popped open the cover on my non-HP bumper to confirm the threaded receiver exists and it's there.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the Mach 1 use the same threads/hook as the gt500?
anyone know what’s involved in removing and replacing the cover? I want to get a second one to drill for the hook and I’m wondering if the bumper has to come off to install the cover

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Does the Mach 1 use the same threads/hook as the gt500?
anyone know what’s involved in removing and replacing the cover? I want to get a second one to drill for the hook and I’m wondering if the bumper has to come off to install the cover
The small cover in the bumper pops out and in, it's explained in the manual

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Thanks for the info all. I checked my car and the threaded receiver is there. I just "nudged" my dealer rep with the page and quote from the owners manual and asked him to order a hook and send it to me.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The small cover in the bumper pops out and in, it's explained in the manual
The image I was looking at made it seem like it opened to the side and didn’t pop completely off. Good to know.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
The image I was looking at made it seem like it opened to the side and didn’t pop completely off. Good to know.
Here's what it looks like on mine.

PXL_20210518_194546639.jpg

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Can you access the mounting point to swap a new cover on?
I didn't look that closely. You can see the one retaining strap. I can't imagine it would be too hard to slip the secured end out to remove it entirely. If someone has already taken the bumper cover off, they can provide a better answer. An exploded parts diagram might help but I don't know if that's available yet.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
My dealer just advised me that Ford Performance is telling them , that only Shelbys' get a tow hook, none included for Mach1 from Ford anyway
Sponsored