Mach 1 Recalls?

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
I just had my '21 Mach 1 go into Limp Mode with powertrain and forward collision warnings... Called Roadside Assistance and waited for the tow when a friend called me and told me to try restarting the car 3 times and after the 3rd try, bingo it started with no warnings and the car was able to drive home normally. I will contact my dealer and see what's what... Are there any recalls that I am not aware of? Anyone have the same experience?

IMG_8565.PNG
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Never had that on my '21 Mach 1, now at 18 months and 18K miles.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Once I had the forward collision flash up on the dash(for no apparent reason) but it went right away.
???

bateto_007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1
I have had this message twice. Both times I have cleaned the front grill (bottom right) where the sensor is located and above the windshield sensor (in front of the rear view mirror)

Galvez1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2021- KTM Xbow RR - 991GT3- G500
With a low battery it's normal have eletronicals failures, the battery have good heath?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I drive the car weekly, not necessarily daily and I use a battery tender over the winter so I am assuming the battery is in good health. I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow morning so hopefully they can tell me what was going on... I love driving the car through the countryside and in the mountains here in Alberta but this random failure kind of makes me nervous and a little lacking of faith... which in turn diminishes the freedom of driving it... :sunglasses:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
@ACMEguy The thing in the log about the forward collision is it really just a record of the warning which happened to you during driving, or is it about some problem with "forward collision warning" system?

I believe I had several (false positive) head collision warnings (until I turned down the sensitivity), but I do not recall ever seeing the warning shown in the Ford app.

Last edited:

Esset

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 MACH 1
@ACMEguy The thing in the log about the forward collision is it really just a record of the warning which happened to you during driving, or is it about some problem with "forward collision warning" system?

I believe I had several (folse positive) head collision warnings (until I turned down the sensitivity), but I do not recall ever seeing the warning shown in the Ford app.
how do you turn down a sensitivity? thx

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I drive the car weekly, not necessarily daily and I use a battery tender over the winter so I am assuming the battery is in good health. I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow morning so hopefully they can tell me what was going on... I love driving the car through the countryside and in the mountains here in Alberta but this random failure kind of makes me nervous and a little lacking of faith... which in turn diminishes the freedom of driving it... :sunglasses:
Have you performed a battery reset? Just a shot in the dark.

OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I have not adjusted the Forward Collision sensitivity (didn't know I could make that adjustment) and I have not reset the battery. I will update later today after my appointment at the dealer...

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
how do you turn down a sensitivity? thx
It is in the Settings menu (by pressing Settings button) -> Driver Assist -> Pre-Collision Assist -> Sensitivity.
(Czech: Nastavení -> Asistent řidiče -> Asistent před kolizí -> a dál to nemohu najít :D)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I just got the car back from the dealer and here's the scoop. They found no other fault codes other than the original issues that were logged. They connected a VCMII and FDRS to the car and updated the PCM with the latest calibration... They clear the fault codes and road tested it... Should be good to go, so they say... I am supposed to monitor it but how I am not sure other than going into limp mode at the side of the road!

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I can apparently answer my own question. The log entry in the mobile app means that there is a problem with "Forward collision warning" system. This is what the app says about it.

Screenshot_20220930_060053_com.ford.fordpasseu.jpg

It does not sound like the shop did anything of that.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
In the Recall icon of my ford app.
EVAPORATIVE EMISSIONS CANISTER REPLACEMENTRecall Incomplete
Details

Description
EVAPORATIVE EMISSIONS CANISTER REPLACEMENT
Campaign#
22E09

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Your collective postings led me to check my FordPass app today, for the first time in many months. There are no recalls showing for my 2021 Mach 1, currently with about 18,500 miles on it.
Sponsored