Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It’s really a silly debate, what you call a car is basically marketing..
What is a performance vehicle? Do anyone has a definition of performance ?
I go to the track (road racing) about every month with my slightly modified 17gtpp1 on 305 squared nt 01 and my car is not listed by Ford as a performance car…. Who care?
Seriously……..
Well as a Mach1 is barley more than a PPL2 + Bullitt with coolers, I'd easily argue all 3 should be FP cars. It doesn't take some engineering genius to say "hey let's put our most powerful 5.0 and add out handling package to it." I was saying that should exist since late 2018. If that the level of brilliance it takes to be a FP engineer I should get hired.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Well as a Mach1 is barley more than a PPL2 + Bullitt with coolers, I'd easily argue all 3 should be FP cars. It doesn't take some engineering genius to say "hey let's put our most powerful 5.0 and add out handling package to it." I was saying that should exist since late 2018. If that the level of brilliance it takes to be a FP engineer I should get hired.
Did you forget that it has all the missing cooling and its on the subframe of the gt350 plus many other things
So sick of these ignorant responses

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Schwerin, I apologize for my post, too harsh.
I just don’t get the negative comments on the Mach constantly. This car is very well put together and it doesn’t deserve it so I get defensive

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Schwerin, I apologize for my post, too harsh.
I just don’t get the negative comments on the Mach constantly. This car is very well put together and it doesn’t deserve it so I get defensive
My issue with it is the same I have with the MachE. It's NOT a Mach1. Everything from its looks to the fact its handling focused, to the fact the PPL2 engineers were told they were to target a new BOSSS car with its performance to me clearly scream it's BOSS that was just called Mach1 after the outrage at the electric Mach1 name. Just like the MachE is a great EV, its just not a Mustang. It should have been something like Thunderbird.

It's also fords Laziest Special edition Mustang. While the Bullitts were known for just being a GT with some tweaks, the Mach1/BOSS cars have both been large engine upgrades over the GT, better brakes than the GT, different suspension than a GT/Bullitt, and looks that are throwback to their classic version. The Mach1 is literally just a tweaked PPL2 Bullitt. Coolers aside you can add the Bullitt intake system and/or PPL2 handling to any GT, and styling you could easily just swap the Mach1 badge for a BOSS and more people would accept it as a BOSS, more so with the blacked out inner fog locations which is more of a BOSS styling than Mach1. (On this front at Carisle my dad literally thought that they brought the BOSS back as the new Mach1 was parked by the Bosses and he THOUGHT they were new BOSS cars until he noticed the Mach1 badge and said, "Where is the shaker or scoops? They look like Boss's")

The HI-Po Ecoboost feels like it had more time and thought put into it than the Mach1 did as the Hi-Po seperates itsself MUCH more from its other packages than teh Mach1 does and as a person that is a former Mach1 owner, and the 69 Mach1 is what made me love Mustangs, I find that sad AF. I hold Mach1 (and even BOSS) to a must higher bar than "combination of 2 GT packages"

Not to mention on top of all of that it STILL is a" track focused" 50K+ Mustang that has trouble putting distance on a much cheaper 1LE.

Is it a great car? Yeah, does it meet ANY expectation I have for a car with the Mach1 or Boss names? Fuck no. They should have done like the Ecoboost and called it a Hi-Po GT since that's more accurate to what it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My issue with it is the same I have with the MachE. It's NOT a Mach1. Everything from its looks to the fact its handling focused, to the fact the PPL2 engineers were told they were to target a new BOSSS car with its performance to me clearly scream it's BOSS that was just called Mach1 after the outrage at the electric Mach1 name. Just like the MachE is a great EV, its just not a Mustang. It should have been something like Thunderbird.

It's also fords Laziest Special edition Mustang. While the Bullitts were known for just being a GT with some tweaks, the Mach1/BOSS cars have both been large engine upgrades over the GT, better brakes than the GT, different suspension than a GT/Bullitt, and looks that are throwback to their classic version. The Mach1 is literally just a tweaked PPL2 Bullitt. Coolers aside you can add the Bullitt intake system and/or PPL2 handling to any GT, and styling you could easily just swap the Mach1 badge for a BOSS and more people would accept it as a BOSS, more so with the blacked out inner fog locations which is more of a BOSS styling than Mach1. (On this front at Carisle my dad literally thought that they brought the BOSS back as the new Mach1 was parked by the Bosses and he THOUGHT they were new BOSS cars until he noticed the Mach1 badge and said, "Where is the shaker or scoops? They look like Boss's")

The HI-Po Ecoboost feels like it had more time and thought put into it than the Mach1 did as the Hi-Po seperates itsself MUCH more from its other packages than teh Mach1 does and as a person that is a former Mach1 owner, and the 69 Mach1 is what made me love Mustangs, I find that sad AF. I hold Mach1 (and even BOSS) to a must higher bar than "combination of 2 GT packages"

Not to mention on top of all of that it STILL is a" track focused" 50K+ Mustang that has trouble putting distance on a much cheaper 1LE.

Is it a great car? Yeah, does it meet ANY expectation I have for a car with the Mach1 or Boss names? Fuck no. They should have done like the Ecoboost and called it a Hi-Po GT since that's more accurate to what it is.
The only thing I agree with you on is that it should've been called a Boss.
I believe Ford put a lot of engineering into the Mach 1 to make this car pretty special.
Using all of it's models and taking the best of each.
Maybe if you have some time behind the wheel of one....

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The only thing I agree with you on is that it should've been called a Boss.
I believe Ford put a lot of engineering into the Mach 1 to make this car pretty special.
Using all of it's models and taking the best of each.
Maybe if you have some time behind the wheel of one....
If it took the best of each it would be like the last Mach1/Boss ad either have an actually improved 5.0 or a N/A version of the 5.2. NO amount of wheel time will change my mind on anything I've said as NONE of it has anything to do with if it's an enjoyable car or not.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Putting Voodoo into it wouldn't be an improvement for many owners (reliability, lower rpm torque, price, no homologation for export markets). It's improved over GT's engine and just because they used it for Bullitt first is really meaningless. You can also keep improving it only so far, 480 hp N/A is really impressive. Remember what power cars had 10 or 20 years ago, even Mustang GTs, this used to be the realm of hypersports.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If it took the best of each it would be like the last Mach1/Boss ad either have an actually improved 5.0 or a N/A version of the 5.2. NO amount of wheel time will change my mind on anything I've said as NONE of it has anything to do with if it's an enjoyable car or not.
As I've stated before, a bespoke engine in the form of an NA Predator 5.2 would have had me waving cash. As it is, it's a great car, but the moniker deserved its own powerplant.

Such is life.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I couldn’t care less what a manufacturer call a car and that has absolutely no impact on my buying decision
The M1 is a fantastic Mustang, certainly the best of the S550 and who care if they call it a M1, pp3, Gt +, etc
And btw, I owned for many years a 69 Mach 1 “R” code

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
this has been covered so many times on here. no amount of arguing is going to change what the car is, or why it is what it is.

it DOES have an improved 5.0 compared to the mustang gt 5.0
there was never going to be an n/a version of the 5.2
the cost of a bespoke engine for this brief model run would have made the cost of the car too high
don't forget, the last mach 1 simply used an off the shelf motor in ford's inventory......the dohc 4v cobra motor. that car was also a 2 year run. you don't appreciate the factors that go into building a car like this or maybe more accurately, getting it past the bean counters. ford had to appease a bunch of nerds in accounting as well as the emissions police. you mentioned in a previous post that you should be hired as an engineer at ford. have you applied? they might be interested in your plan to navigate all of these hurdles for the next specialty mustang.
the fact is building one of these cars and bringing it to market is not as simple as shooting from the hip on an enthusiast forum.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Putting Voodoo into it wouldn't be an improvement for many owners (reliability, lower rpm torque, price, no homologation for export markets). It's improved over GT's engine and just because they used it for Bullitt first is really meaningless. You can also keep improving it only so far, 480 hp N/A is really impressive. Remember what power cars had 10 or 20 years ago, even Mustang GTs, this used to be the realm of hypersports.
Putting a Voodoo in it would be a slap to the Voodoo's face.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Anyone know if these kits are for the US only or other countries will get them (I.e. UK)? They look excellent👍

Csnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well I guess it's time for me to Chime in. Having purchased a performance pack one car And the opportunity to purchase a Mach1 or a Gt350, I chose the Mach1. It has a more user friendly powerband on the street And it retains many of the GT350 handling abilities. That is why I chose it. Most of the commentary that is negative towards the Mach 1 comes from people who have never driven one. Those who choose to call it a parts bin car go for it. But the fact is it is a brilliantly thought out car with all the best pieces from All of the Mustang Performance cars. So like it or leave it no one is going to twist your arm or try to convince you.