MACH 1 hood decal scratch

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
Dear all, it’s minor, but ugly… my hood MACH 1 decal got scratched. And I’m pondering options:
- buy the OEM decal and reinstall it and rewrap (pricey)
- buy alternative decal and install on top (fakeish)
- remove decal and rewrap the whole hood (I’ll kind of miss Mach 1 appearance)
- live with the annoying scratch

Any ideas that may help me? Is it possible to polish the scratch? Maybe use a sharpie?

PS: second photo is before scratch.

Thanks!

IMG_1317.jpeg
IMG_1103.jpeg
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sorry about your luck. That sucks.
since I’ve been toying with the idea of removing my m1 decals anyway, I woukd definetly peel that sucker off and see how I like it . You could always replace it if you had to have it but you may just find it looks amazing without the huge matte schlong shaped decal. No way I could just live with that scratch. What happened? Something on the road fly up and over the hood?

OP
OP
2023EGM1

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I have a roller curtain just in front of my car and my 8 year old son lowered it too further down playing with it and with the wind it danced over the hood for a day…

The OEM thing is over $600-700, it’s insane.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Just my opinion and I most definitely don’t judge others stance, but the hood decal is such an integral part of the Mach 1 appearance, a classical nod to the early Mustangs. I would hunt for a cheaper OEM decal and have a reputable shop put it on. Sorry that happened to you, never fun.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Just my opinion and I most definitely don’t judge others stance, but the hood decal is such an integral part of the Mach 1 appearance, a classical nod to the early Mustangs. I would hunt for a cheaper OEM decal and have a reputable shop put it on. Sorry that happened to you, never fun.
Thanks, I have a roller curtain just in front of my car and my 8 year old son lowered it too further down playing with it and with the wind it danced over the hood for a day…

The OEM thing is over $600-700, it’s insane.
I’d tell your 8 year old kid if he wants to get to be nine he’d better stay away from the car or anything near it. Just kidding of course. 🙂:cwl:

Last edited:

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
1 vote to remove it but stash an extra from the dealer

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you're going to end up spending money, consider painting it on. My understanding is the decals are only going to last 5 years before needing replacement anyway.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Side track: I love your color combo. But that’s not a factory combo, right? What grey is this?
Iconic silver and dark matter grey came with a red bezel. Yours is white, but it is neither iconic silver nor dark matter grey. What is it?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I may get some turned up noses for this suggestion, but I actually think your idea of using a permanent marker (or maybe more carefully chosen markers of a couple different colors) would make that scratch completely imperceptible to anyone who didn't know about it and/or who wasn't looking closely.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I wouldn’t try polishing it. It will turn the matte/satin part of the stripe glossy.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Side track: I love your color combo. But that’s not a factory combo, right? What grey is this?
Iconic silver and dark matter grey came with a red bezel. Yours is white, but it is neither iconic silver nor dark matter grey. What is it?
Looks like Carbonized Gray to me. Or it’s a wrap. His OP mentions rewrapping the hood

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Guessing he had the eruption green car in his avatar wrapped, that explains the white striping, i will say that is a very good wrap job from the “before” pic, no trace of the original color when zooming in on the details.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
OP
OP
2023EGM1

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I wrapped my EG with Avery Dennison Dark Gray (nardo gray).

OP
OP
2023EGM1

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
Guessing he had the eruption green car in his avatar wrapped, that explains the white striping, i will say that is a very good wrap job from the “before” pic, no trace of the original color when zooming in on the details.
That’s right, they did a great job, while expensive.
Sponsored