Sponsored

Mach 1 decal care

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My apologies if this has been discussed already. I couldn't find anything online other than PPE and ceramic applications.

I will probably get the car ceramic coated and or PPE coated down the road. I'm told ceramic will NOT change the look of the Matte decal finish. Hopefully someone here can confirm that...

But for now my main concern is using polish and wax with respect to the mach 1 decals. Especially the Matte portion. How do you clean and protect them safely with out scratching or altering the finish?

Thanks.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I'm happy to confirm my Armor Shield I ceramic made no visible difference on the matte stripe or plastic trim. I coated mine right after delivery in March 2021 and just passed 24K miles on it. Water still beads like it was freshly coated. Yes, I use the Armor Shield maintenance products and have never run it through a commercial car wash. Foam cannon and hand wash only.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For the matte finish, you want to avoid anything that has gloss enhancers in them. Adam’s makes a matte detail spray also

OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ok, but can you use wax on the Matte portion, or should I tape it off? I assume using a polisher on the stripes is definitely a no no...?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ok, but can you use wax on the Matte portion, or should I tape it off? I assume using a polisher on the stripes is definitely a no no...?
Traditional waxes I would say no. The Gyeon matte is sealant for the matte finish so it will be protected but not add any gloss

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Just touching the matte part leaves a mark from dead skin or whatever, wax will leave a residue too. The only way I found to clean it, is with a white rubber eraser. Horrible Decal!

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Xpel fusion 4yr coating made no difference either.

OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just touching the matte part leaves a mark from dead skin or whatever, wax will leave a residue too. The only way I found to clean it, is with a white rubber eraser. Horrible Decal!
A quick search on the inteweb gave me at least 4 Matte detail sprays to clean Matte vinyl and wrap finishes without leaving a glossy finish or residue. I ordered the chemical guys version since it had UV protection and wasn't overly expensive.

Surely that's a better option than using rubber eraser lol.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
A quick search on the inteweb gave me at least 4 Matte detail sprays to clean Matte vinyl and wrap finishes without leaving a glossy finish or residue. I ordered the chemical guys version since it had UV protection and wasn't overly expensive.

Surely that's a better option than using rubber eraser lol.
That Chemical Guys Matte Detailer Spray Sealant is what I have used for some time. I've been pleased.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
You need to ceramics coat it. Then it's just a breeze. Gentle wash with mitten and gently dry with towel, occasionaly buff with SiO2 detailer.
Sponsored