mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hey guys,
I love the deeper sound of the Mach 1– especially given the fact that the Coyote in general is known to have a raspy character trait. I’m considering a resonator delete as I want to keep the overall tone the same. I do want more though! I want a more aggressive sound both off and on throttle. I’m thinking the H pipe is my best option, but I’d like some feedback from those with more experience in general and specifically from those who have made this move themselves. I listed a few options on the poll, but please comment if you have other options/opinions. I am not 100% opposed to other brands, an X pipe, double X pipe, double H pipe, etc.
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
I unfortunately still haven't had time to get my roush x pipe installed, however, soon as I do and hopefully it'll be done this month I'll post a video for you. If I don't end up liking the tone I can always swap it out for an h pipe. In general I don't feel like you can really go wrong with anything on these as they sound so good in stock form.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I voted to keep stock. I'm plenty happy with several I've heard thus far.

OP
OP
mldonovan82

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I unfortunately still haven't had time to get my roush x pipe installed, however, soon as I do and hopefully it'll be done this month I'll post a video for you. If I don't end up liking the tone I can always swap it out for an h pipe. In general I don't feel like you can really go wrong with anything on these as they sound so good in stock form.
I would greatly appreciate that brother. Thank you for the comment.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
I should probably give it a chance to break in as well. I’m wondering if the exhaust tone will intensify after some miles?
I have not noticed anything different so far in tone. I've got around 4200 miles on my 21 right now which I know isn't a ton but still haven't noticed any change in tone with the exhaust other than the smiles whenever I make her scream.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda H-Pipe is perfect on the Mach 1. Noticeable volume increase. No Drone.. And much more cracks and gurgles!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have headers and a Borla Atak going on soon so I'm probably not the right person to respond, lol.

H-Pipe is what you're looking for.

OP
OP
mldonovan82

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have headers and a Borla Atak going on soon so I'm probably not the right person to respond, lol.

H-Pipe is what you're looking for.
😂😂😂 Sounds like you’ll be setting off car alarms.

So will that sound any different than a GT given that you’ll be removing the stock Mach 1 mufflers?

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I liked the stock exhaust but wanted a LITTLE more volume without rasp or booming.

Tried a Ford Performance X-pipe and got booming at 2000 rpm but the volume seemed to decrease in the mid range.

Have tried H-pipes on my 2018 GT but didn't like the rasp.

Installed a Summit stainless H on my Mach and welded in ONE Vibrant 12" long x 2.5" inlet / outlet resonator in the driver's leg of the H and LOVE IT. A little louder without going all @Zelek :crackup:. No increase in drone or rasp.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-to-your-m1-today.171200/page-33#post-3572797

Last edited:

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I should probably give it a chance to break in as well. I’m wondering if the exhaust tone will intensify after some miles?
On my previous BMW M4 Competition which had the M Performance exhaust, every one on the BMW forums I visit said the sound would get deeper and slight louder after 10K miles so maybe that's the same for any exhaust?

OP
OP
mldonovan82

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I liked the stock exhaust but wanted a LITTLE more volume without rasp or booming.

Tried a Ford Performance X-pipe and got booming at 2000 rpm but the volume seemed to decrease in the mid range.

Have tried H-pipes on my 2018 GT but didn't like the rasp.

Installed a Summit stainless H on my Mach and welded in ONE Vibrant 12" long x 2.5" inlet / outlet resonator in the driver's leg of the H and LOVE IT. A little louder without going all @Zelek :crackup:. No increase in drone or rasp.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-to-your-m1-today.171200/page-33#post-3572797
Sounds great!

OP
OP
mldonovan82

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
On my previous BMW M4 Competition which had the M Performance exhaust, every one on the BMW forums I visit said the sound would get deeper and slight louder after 10K miles so maybe that's the same for any exhaust?
Time will tell Spartan!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
😂😂😂 Sounds like you’ll be setting off car alarms.

So will that sound any different than a GT given that you’ll be removing the stock Mach 1 mufflers?
Well, the Borla Atak for the Mach 1 has a Switchfire in it so it's a little different but not a lot. Headers definitely add more rasp no matter what you do so if you want to keep that real deep tone, stick with stock headers.

Quiet mode is still doable to not make everyone angry early in the morning. All bets are off once I leave my street though.
Sponsored