Sponsored

Exhaust on Mach 1

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is it only the axelback that is different or is the whole cat-back different compared to the GT's.
Wonder if the regular X or H-pipes will do. The GT500 have a different setup looking from the cats and backwards
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’d imagine it is just the axle-back that’s different. I don’t really see much reason that they would change anything else on it

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is it only the axelback that is different or is the whole cat-back different compared to the GT's.
Wonder if the regular X or H-pipes will do. The GT500 have a different setup looking from the cats and backwards
I was wondering how different the GT500 exhaust was and if it could be put on regular GT.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Let's hope they are not reusing GT500 parts besides the diffusor since the cars really have problems with the valves
I somehow have my doubts that the exhaust in Europe will be different to the Bullitt besides the tailpipes

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Let's hope they are not reusing GT500 parts besides the diffusor since the cars really have problems with the valves
I somehow have my doubts that the exhaust in Europe will be different to the Bullitt besides the tailpipes
If it is the absolute last part of the tailpipes it where actually the valves and actuator is sitting.
Don't think they would change the exhaust from US to EU, would think they either only have new welded tailpipes or the whole axelback is changed to the GT500 dito for all markets

As the GT500 is FI I don't think any of the piping would be similar in diameter

Sponsored

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
I don't think that they reused the tailpipes of the GT500 for the Mach 1. If I remember correctly, Jim Owens stated in a video, that the diameter of the GT500 tailpipes is 5 inches, whereas the Mach 1 "only" has 4.5 inches. Just the look is very similar.

@Ace
What problem do they have with the GT500 valves?

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I don't think that they reused the tailpipes of the GT500 for the Mach 1. If I remember correctly, Jim Owens stated in a video, that the diameter of the GT500 tailpipes is 5 inches, whereas the Mach 1 "only" has 4.5 inches. Just the look is very similar.

@Ace
What problem do they have with the GT500 valves?
On some of the 500's they were sticking closed, I think this is because of the early build problems and they sat in damp weather before they were finally shipped from Flat Rock. But I was lucky mine worked just fine.
Sponsored