Anyone know the part number?
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of the exhaust, I think I read somewhere that GT 500 exhaust comes with 5" vs Mach 4" maybe Mach 1 owners can upgrade to the GT500 exhaust to fill the diffuser cut outs better?

Maybe someone will come out with an upgraded third party cat-back for Mach 1 (assuming it uses same connectors and hangars as a stock Mustang) just fits Mach 1 only due to diffuser, unless someone upgrades the diffuser?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Speaking of the exhaust, I think I read somewhere that GT 500 exhaust comes with 5" vs Mach 4" maybe Mach 1 owners can upgrade to the GT500 exhaust to fill the diffuser cut outs better?

Maybe someone will come out with an upgraded third party cat-back for Mach 1 (assuming it uses same connectors and hangars as a stock Mustang) just fits Mach 1 only due to diffuser, unless someone upgrades the diffuser?
Mach 1 is 4.5” tips. I’ve talked to corsa and they have had discussions about offering a kit with 4.5” tips but it hasn’t gone any farther than that. Until someone offers that setup my exhaust will stay stock. I couldn’t imagine putting on an aftermarket cat back and dropping down to 4” tips. If anyone wants to sell me their stock tips I’d be happy to buy them for an exhaust project I would like to do!

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
Does the stock Mach-1 exhaust have a resonator or H/X-pipe?

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Magnaflow has 4.5-inch tips.
I loved Magnaflow Competitions on my previous two Mustangs (though I just put MBRP Race on my new one.)

rorrerjp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1
The mach 1 has a factory resonator. I put an x pipe on mine and love it. I wouldn't recommend it if your worried about your neighbors in the morning unless you start it in quiet mode. Mine sounds the same as stock but louder and in sport/track mode wants to scream. You do get more cabin noise but it isn't unbearable.

I did the ford x pipe and had cut the front x pipe that slides into the factory I think I'm half as the slip joint was too long (use your resonator as a comparison) other than that everything else worked out as normal.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
The mach 1 has a factory resonator. I put an x pipe on mine and love it. I wouldn't recommend it if your worried about your neighbors in the morning unless you start it in quiet mode. Mine sounds the same as stock but louder and in sport/track mode wants to scream. You do get more cabin noise but it isn't unbearable.

I did the ford x pipe and had cut the front x pipe that slides into the factory I think I'm half as the slip joint was too long (use your resonator as a comparison) other than that everything else worked out as normal.
Sweet thx. I plan to do the same then with an X-pipe. Love it right now on my PP2 with that extra rasp up high in the revs with dampers open. :rockon:
Any problems with the tips drooping after install?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Magnaflow has 4.5-inch tips.
I loved Magnaflow Competitions on my previous two Mustangs (though I just put MBRP Race on my new one.)
Only on 15-17 dual systems for magnaflow are 4.5" the problem is the 18+ offerings are quads and are 4" so current offerings will look small vs a stock Mach 1 tip, the 4" does house nicely with stock 18+ cut outs, but not the Mach 1 and would be an appearance downgrade.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I'm just going to add a personal opinion here. Maybe there is something wrong with my mach 1? But I dont think so, I think it's just a natural beast. And I'm sure more people who have already done an after market exhaust mod can really chime in on this.

But my opinion: I wouldnt do an after market exhaust(already in my current living conditions and work schedule) just because of my neighbors. While I was waiting for my mach 1 to arrive, I went to a dealership, and I was able to sit in a regular mustang with a PP1 that they had delivered in the 1st quarter of 2021. My only goal of sitting in that mustang was to hear the active exhaust. I was literally SOOOOO AMAZED by how quiet the active exhaust was, just mind blowing. But my mach 1 doesnt even come close to how quiet the regular gt was. And I would be scared to make quiet mode anymore louder than it already is with an aftermarket exhaust. A few people have said quiet mode stayed relatively the same, but it already has enough of a small bark still to were I do wish it was a tad bit quieter(only in quiet mode, I would love it to roar a little louder in the other modes), but tbh, I cant control it beyond that, so I'm sorry neighbors. 🤷‍♂️ but I do live in a duplex, but it's not a side by side, it's an upper and a lower, and the lower is built into the ground, and my neighbors living room window is literally 2 feet away from my exhaust pipe, which kinda sucks. But If you own a full on house and dont have neighbors within 10 feet of your tailpipe, I'd definitely add an after market exhaust, but it has enough chirp in sport mode to where its unneeded for me at the moment.

If anyone wants to chime in with extra feedback on how loud their quiet mode is with their aftermarket exhaust, I'm all ears. I dont know if maybe mine is a little louder than intended, but its definitely louder than a GT in quiet mode. Like obviously noticable to me.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just going to add a personal opinion here. Maybe there is something wrong with my mach 1? But I dont think so, I think it's just a natural beast. And I'm sure more people who have already done an after market exhaust mod can really chime in on this.

But my opinion: I wouldnt do an after market exhaust(already in my current living conditions and work schedule) just because of my neighbors. While I was waiting for my mach 1 to arrive, I went to a dealership, and I was able to sit in a regular mustang with a PP1 that they had delivered in the 1st quarter of 2021. My only goal of sitting in that mustang was to hear the active exhaust. I was literally SOOOOO AMAZED by how quiet the active exhaust was, just mind blowing. But my mach 1 doesnt even come close to how quiet the regular gt was. And I would be scared to make quiet mode anymore louder than it already is with an aftermarket exhaust. A few people have said quiet mode stayed relatively the same, but it already has enough of a small bark still to were I do wish it was a tad bit quieter(only in quiet mode, I would love it to roar a little louder in the other modes), but tbh, I cant control it beyond that, so I'm sorry neighbors. 🤷‍♂️ but I do live in a duplex, but it's not a side by side, it's an upper and a lower, and the lower is built into the ground, and my neighbors living room window is literally 2 feet away from my exhaust pipe, which kinda sucks. But If you own a full on house and dont have neighbors within 10 feet of your tailpipe, I'd definitely add an after market exhaust, but it has enough chirp in sport mode to where its unneeded for me at the moment.

If anyone wants to chime in with extra feedback on how loud their quiet mode is with their aftermarket exhaust, I'm all ears. I dont know if maybe mine is a little louder than intended, but its definitely louder than a GT in quiet mode. Like obviously noticable to me.
Nothing wrong with your car. I’ve tried starting my car in quiet when I leave for work and it doesn’t make a difference. Cold start in a garage it’s getting the neighbors attention. I think my hearing is not what it once was because all of the modes basically sound the same to me.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Nothing wrong with your car. I’ve tried starting my car in quiet when I leave for work and it doesn’t make a difference. Cold start in a garage it’s getting the neighbors attention. I think my hearing is not what it once was because all of the modes basically sound the same to me.
I think my neighbors will be happy when I get the car and start that in the morning. right now it is a 351W bronco w/ glasspacks every morning, or a turbo'd and injected 250 6.0 w/ resonator and no cat

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)

Sounds like you have the wrong car for your environment. Is your car for you or your neighbors? If this is such a serious concern, then may need to pick a different daily car/exhaust that will make THEM happy. (!) Then keep and start your M1 on weekends only after 10am.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think my neighbors will be happy when I get the car and start that in the morning. right now it is a 351W bronco w/ glasspacks every morning, or a turbo'd and injected 250 6.0 w/ resonator and no cat
They’ll be happy at first. Once you get some headers on they’ll be pissed again lol

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Sounds like you have the wrong car for your environment. Is your car for you or your neighbors? If this is such a serious concern, then may need to pick a different daily car/exhaust that will make THEM happy. (!) Then keep and start your M1 on weekends only after 10am.
Ehhhh, it really only affects them if I go joy riding on my days off. And this car is everything I wanted, and more, so they can deal with it. I'm usually completely gone during the night. My shift is 10pm-6am, and I leave at 9pm to get to work. So unless I leave work early to come home, or I leave the house at 3am on my day off, it's not a big issue. But I do like going out at 3am a lot. I didnt go out last night though(my day off), since I didnt want to disturb them. But I'll probably just leave work early tonight, but stay out driving until 6 or 7am. I could also park on the main road to avoid this, if I know I'll be coming home early, and move it to the drive way after. But I really hate the thought of parking it on the side of the main road. Quiet mode right now is just quiet enough to get me by with not being a complete dick, but if the exhaust was any louder, idk how bad it would be, so I'm kinda scared to get an aftermarket exhaust until I move. Ut I'd never give the mach 1 up. I just have to be more considerate of when I take it out. And I should probably stop leaving work early, since the sooner I pay off the car, the sooner I can look at actually buying my own house. Still waiting for house prices to go down after they shot up during covid. My downstairs neighbors have been nothing but amazing and kind to us, so It does make me feel bad, but I'd never give the mach 1 up, I'm literally keeping this car until it's dead. So either it can last 50 years, or it can get totalled in a wreck, and I'll buy a new mustang.
Sponsored