Mach 1 Driving Lights

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I reached out to Starkey Products about the possibility of driving lights for the Mach 1. Here's their answer. They want feedback.

Thanks for reaching out.

So interestingly, we just provided one of our wiring harnesses (link below) to Dream Giveaway for the 2021 Mach 1 they have. They used an aftermarket set of lamps and paired them with our OEM-Style wiring harness/ switch combo to control them. I am attaching some pictures to this email.

https://www.starkey-products.com/mustang-fog-light-wiring-switch-kit-v6-S550-2015

It's definitely an interest for us, the biggest problem is the fitment of the fog lights. Dream giveaways tried multiple lamps before they found one they were able to fit, and space was an issue. I actually was the one that worked with the mechanic over there and the few suggestions I had didn't work out but they ended up finding a lamp that was shallow enough to fit.

Our wiring harness will power any set of lights and connect under the hood/ to the switch, but beyond that mounting the lamps is an issue. At this point we don't believe the expense involved in developing a custom lamp/ bracket for that location would be feasible due to the great expense and minimums involved in those types of products. If someone develops a grille or mounting solution for the lamps, we would love to partner with them and offer a turn key kit.

I apologize I don't have better news, and appreciate any questions or feedback you have.

Take care,

Jason

Starkey Products, Inc.

386-951-6335

www.Starkey-Products.com

IMG_6744[2075].jpg

IMG_6743[2076].jpg
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
this is going to either require a replacement grill, or some damned custom lights for a small order car.....concerned neither one will happen, or they'll be down right expensive.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
I reached out to Starkey Products about the possibility of driving lights for the Mach 1. Here's their answer. They want feedback.

Thanks for reaching out.

So interestingly, we just provided one of our wiring harnesses (link below) to Dream Giveaway for the 2021 Mach 1 they have. They used an aftermarket set of lamps and paired them with our OEM-Style wiring harness/ switch combo to control them. I am attaching some pictures to this email.

https://www.starkey-products.com/mustang-fog-light-wiring-switch-kit-v6-S550-2015

It's definitely an interest for us, the biggest problem is the fitment of the fog lights. Dream giveaways tried multiple lamps before they found one they were able to fit, and space was an issue. I actually was the one that worked with the mechanic over there and the few suggestions I had didn't work out but they ended up finding a lamp that was shallow enough to fit.

Our wiring harness will power any set of lights and connect under the hood/ to the switch, but beyond that mounting the lamps is an issue. At this point we don't believe the expense involved in developing a custom lamp/ bracket for that location would be feasible due to the great expense and minimums involved in those types of products. If someone develops a grille or mounting solution for the lamps, we would love to partner with them and offer a turn key kit.

I apologize I don't have better news, and appreciate any questions or feedback you have.

Take care,

Jason

Starkey Products, Inc.

386-951-6335

www.Starkey-Products.com

IMG_6744[2075].jpg

IMG_6743[2076].jpg
looks pretty shite. sorry.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
it... just... doesn't .. look right... something is off, not sure if it's the size of the lights, the space/distance between each, or type/style of light being used.

I mean, I can see the "heritage" of wanting to mimic the original Mach 1 front grille w/ lights, but its just not working (for me).

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
I really would like lights in those holes, just not those ones.................. The gaps at the top corners is just wrong/not right. Give them an A for effort with what they could find but sorry I will have to pass on that option. Too bad those spaces weren't a perfect circle, the D shape is going to make it a challenge.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I think Ford missed an opportunity here. They should have made fog lights an option at the time of ordering. I’m surprised they passed up an opportunity to get a few more dollars out of Mach 1 customers. I know I would of ponied up (see what I did there) a few more bucks for a set of fog lights that fit and worked off of the existing headlight switch. Track customers could have opted for just the blanks and used them for cooling or Ford could have even offered an extra cooling package for track.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Those lights are terrible. Too small. They needed to be like the 2013-2014 model where the lights were behind the grille and larger than the opening to fill that space completely.

Sponsored

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus
Does the Mach 1 have fog lights below the headlights?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
New grill, or somebody needs to 3D print inserts to blend in as seamlessly as possible. <- My original Idea. Haha.
IMG_6744[2075].jpg

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I was thinking of just cutting them out so at least they would look like intentional cooling holes rather than just plastic.
Sponsored