M4 CSL copied Mach 1's design homework?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yeah not too bad in black. Just that the headlights doesnt flow into the grill looks...offf?? lol

1670359399351.png
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah not too bad in black. Just that the headlights doesnt flow into the grill looks...offf?? lol

1670359399351.png
Yeah it’s a bit odd looking when the grille sits up above the headlights like that. Probably an acquired taste, like caviar or something 😂

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yeah it’s a bit odd looking when the grille sits up above the headlights like that. Probably an acquired taste, like caviar or something 😂
LOL Most people would be happy to show off that they have an expensive M car. Even though they don't probably turn to look at their car as they walk away from it.

1670359825753.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
LOL Most people would be happy to show off that they have an expensive M car. Even though they don't probably turn to look at their car as they walk away from it.

1670359825753.png
LOL. Yeah I turn back and look at my car every time I exit it. Not sure I’d do the same with an M car.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I think the problem with the front is the mandatory license plate that will look so out of place. Looks like plate placement was an afterthought. Design teams should address for the possibility of front plate requirements to at least make it more integral to the design.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I think the problem with the front is the mandatory license plate that will look so out of place. Looks like plate placement was an afterthought. Design teams should address for the possibility of front plate requirements to at least make it more integral to the design.
1670382970619.png

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
sorry folks one more lol

1670383369292.png

🤔

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I absolutely despise what BMW have done to their brand image over the last decade in terms of styling, engineering and pointless additions to the range.

Tell why the maker of the "ultimate driving machine" needs to have a front wheel drive 5 seat minivan hatchback in their lineup? Or a 4 door version of a coupe that is based on a four door sedan. All the while diluting the brand, diluting what made them popular in the first place.

BMW's were always the model of subtle aggression................

b51.jpg

e46.jpg

m2112.jpg

Now, BMW are the makers of this deliberately ugly consumer appliances................

ix2.jpg

21m43.jpg

5gt103.jpg

I get what they are attempting, creating a talking point, moving in a new direction, but they have sold out what made them successful.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I owned a long line of BMW’s starting with a 330 Clubsport, working through M3’s, 335D’s, an Alpina and finally two M4’s. When ordering my final M4 the banners in the dealership had changed from ‘The Ultimate Driving Machine’ to ‘The Ultimate Connected Machine’ so the writing was literally on the wall then.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
BMW has lost their way in styling, QC and price. :crying: They are a storied brand with great history.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The two cars look nothing like one another, other than colors. Windows are completely different, the rear "hips" if you will are totally different (The M1 is beautiful in a Beyonce sort of way, the M4 in an Ashley Graham sort of way), and while the M1 sort of has the mouth of a whale shark and odd, downturned eyes, the M4 front reminds me a of beaver whose dam had just been blown to bits by the local teenagers with some tannerite.

One car naturally looks beautiful every day, sort of like that country girl you had a crush on in high school who never wore makeup or dressed in fancy clothes, but was a good all around person. The other car is like that city girl who was off the crazy scale, that took hours to put on makeup and tried on a dozen outfits all the while you are telling her hey, were going to McDonalds, chill out. One car HAS TO have fancy colors and paints to draw your eye away from that horrendous front end, and probably comes equipped as standard (as long as you pay for the subscription) one of those Men In Black flashy memory messer-upper things so you forget about how small, nimble, and gorgeous an M3 used to be.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
If you think those two cars look similar beyond a casual glance, I think you need new glasses.
The outline from the side is pretty close, the front, rear, and the detailing isn't.
Everydaydriver did a nice comparison of Mach1 vs. M4 Horse vs. Beaver

Last edited:

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I absolutely despise what BMW have done to their brand image over the last decade in terms of styling, engineering and pointless additions to the range.

Tell why the maker of the "ultimate driving machine" needs to have a front wheel drive 5 seat minivan hatchback in their lineup? Or a 4 door version of a coupe that is based on a four door sedan. All the while diluting the brand, diluting what made them popular in the first place.

BMW's were always the model of subtle aggression................

b51.jpg
e46.jpg
m2112.jpg

Now, BMW are the makers of this deliberately ugly consumer appliances................

ix2.jpg

21m43.jpg
5gt103.jpg

I get what they are attempting, creating a talking point, moving in a new direction, but they have sold out what made them successful.

It's what I call the Jeep and Porsche effect. To remain competitive Jeep started making a 4-door wrangler for families and Porsche the Cayenne SUV for families. It reminds me of the Mach-E.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
The outline from the side is pretty close, the front, rear, and the detailing isn't.
Everydaydriver did a nice comparison of Mach1 vs. M4 Horse vs. Beaver
I don't know if it's because BMW launched the CSL in a grey similar to FJG or what, but I don't see much similarity even in the side profile, honestly... the front wings on the CSL look closer to a GT350 than a Mach 1. The hood is considerably longer on the Mach 1 and the rear roofline is maybe the only similarity but the trunk lid appears longer on the M4 CSL.

2021-ford-mustang_100787626_h.jpg

P90461713_lowRes_the-new-bmw-m4-csl-o.jpg
Sponsored