Sponsored

Lund vs Livernois

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Does anyone have the performance gains for these tunes? I am contemplating which one to go with. Currently, I just have roush axleback and ford xpipe. Will be getting Kooks headers in the future.

In addition to the performance gains, does anyone have quarter mile numbers or 0-60 numbers with either of these tunes?

thanks guys!
Sponsored

Deleted member 33561

I can only say I'm disappointed with the Lund Ngauge. I recommend you do a lot of research before buying a tune/tuning tool.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I can only say I'm disappointed with the Lund Ngauge. I recommend you do a lot of research before buying a tune/tuning tool.
Need more info on your disappointment please.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Need more info on your disappointment please.
Yeah...me too. My experience with Lund/Dakota/nGuage has been outstanding. Wouldn’t go with anyone else.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
No complaints at all with my Lund tune and ngauge.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I personally like using the SCT stuff but mainly because I am used to it. I have used 3 different SCT devices over 3 mustangs and all have worked perfectly (as long as updates were done when asked). I also like using Lund for my email tunes. I believe if you use Livernois they have their own tuning device and it does not data log (if I remember correctly). I have heard that they know what they are doing but I chose Lund due to their reputation (fastest cars) and more choices of tuning devices they tune for.

Deleted member 33561

I guess my problem is that my car is an '18 and Lund says that Ford didn't leave much more for 93 octane tuning. It seems that other mods are required to get useful gains. I guess my JLT CAI is not much help.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I don't have 1/4 mile slips to show you, and I never had a Livernois tune. Although from what some guys have reported, Livernois is a pretty decent company to deal with having good results. But, I can tell you however is that I've been using Lund and am happier than a pig in the mud. AWESOME customer service. AWESOME tunes. My car has ALWAYS run SUPER smooth, VERY strong with NO bullsh*t ever with anything.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I guess my problem is that my car is an '18 and Lund says that Ford didn't leave much more for 93 octane tuning. It seems that other mods are required to get useful gains. I guess my JLT CAI is not much help.
Would you rather have them tell you the truth, or blow smoke up your azz with crazy increase claims?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
A jlt is a tune only intake first off. Most of tuning gains are being made on e85 (more timing) and higher/firmer shift points. I would imagine a jlt cai with 93 tuning would net you some power over stock. Just not 35 whp like on corn.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Thanks guys!

Anyone have any 0-60 or 1/4 mile numbers? Want to see if it's worth it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't tried Lund, but I have been quite happy with Livernois' tunes and services. I've run their 91, 93 and now flex fuel tunes.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Lund flex remote tune. Did JLT/LU47/GT350 manifold swap. They tuned it to perfection. I have been very happy with Lund. Their customer service is A+.

Deleted member 33561

A jlt is a tune only intake first off. Most of tuning gains are being made on e85 (more timing) and higher/firmer shift points. I would imagine a jlt cai with 93 tuning would net you some power over stock. Just not 35 whp like on corn.
I have the Lund tune for the CAI. I'm also aware that the greatest gains come with E85/tune. There is no E85 near me. My concern is my Dyno run seems low compared to what others have said they got bone stock. I believe my car should have at least what others are getting stock when I have the CAI and tune for it.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Lund tuned 18 on 93 with JLT on dynojet should be over 430whp easy. Stock ones make at or near 420whp. Something was wrong with the dyno run. Make sure 7th gear with advance trac off. Not having proper data logs sent to Lund for revision also does not help. I would start there.
Sponsored