Sponsored

JLT Lund Vs Livernois

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Yea I know this is my first post, and yea I know people are going to be telling me to search, but for the past few days that is all I have been doing. My debacle do I go with a JLT intake tune through Lethal for just over $715, or do I go with a $600 livernois tune and run it with the Air Raid MIT tube and K and N drop in that is already on the car. Yea I know the MIT doesn't really do anything, but it looks clean with the sound tube removed.

Both options are quite a bit of dough. Going to the strip to do some friendly grudge racing with coworkers on the 10th and want to get it ordered today so I can have it installed by Friday. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
I went with the Livernois tune/CAI/Thermostat combo package personally, you cant go wrong with either or. Both are top notch companies.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I went with the Livernois tune/CAI/Thermostat combo package personally, you cant go wrong with either or. Both are top notch companies.
What are your head temps at with that t stat?

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No clue, I have not checked but the car runs like a champ w the few mods I have listed below. Feels like a boosted car at all speeds.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
No clue, I have not checked but the car runs like a champ w the few mods I have listed below. Feels like a boosted car at all speeds.
Can you tell us where you bought it and price?

Sponsored

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered straight from Livernois $950 I think plus the X Pipe.

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have owned a 2001 Audi S4 that was APR ecu/flashed back in the day along with a GTI 1.8t & a 2005 STI that was Ekutec tuned as well.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have some killer packages with the lund tune and jlt, and also with an x4, let me know if we can help you out in any way!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've been running JLT/Lund for 7 or 8 months now, but I've just recently ditched the JLT due to high intake temps. In town driving I was seeing 125-145 (and higher at times) degrees when ambient was in the 90s. Even on the highway I was 10-20 above ambient unless there were no other cars nearby. With the stock I'm seeing 105-110 in the exact same scenarios and only 6-8 above ambient on the highway.

I'll be picking up an Airaid in the coming days....

Sponsored

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
I've been running JLT/Lund for 7 or 8 months now, but I've just recently ditched the JLT due to high intake temps. In town driving I was seeing 125-145 (and higher at times) degrees when ambient was in the 90s. Even on the highway I was 10-20 above ambient unless there were no other cars nearby. With the stock I'm seeing 105-110 in the exact same scenarios and only 6-8 above ambient on the highway.

I'll be picking up an Airaid in the coming days....
Did you notice any better performance switching back to the stock intake?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Did you notice any better performance switching back to the stock intake?
It's only been a couple of days so while I can say it seems better, I have no definitive data other than the actual temps themselves. The whole issue came up when I was data logging for a tune update and they pointed out that the intake temps were so high a lot of timing was being pulled and suggested the Airaid instead of JLT and short term the stock intake.

OP
OP

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Intake temps are already insane in Arizona right now... Why are the JLT temps so high? Isn't it sealed along the hood?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Intake temps are already insane in Arizona right now... Why are the JLT temps so high? Isn't it sealed along the hood?
That's the whole problem - the box comes up several inches short of the hood and doesn't seal at all so it's just pulling the air from the engine bay; the source of least resistance.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
That's the whole problem - the box comes up several inches short of the hood and doesn't seal at all so it's just pulling the air from the engine bay; the source of least resistance.
My JLT seals tightly against my hood, I can see the outline of the seal underneath my hood.
Sponsored