2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I wish Lund didn’t lock the tuner. It would be nice to load whomever’s tune all on one device.
Not only does Lund lock the "tuner" he also locks "YOUR" ECM. No one can erase a lund tune except Lund.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not only does Lund lock the "tuner" he also locks "YOUR" ECM. No one can erase a lund tune except Lund.
Dang! They lock it up tight huh? I worry about what happens if my nGauge goes bad.

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
they are far simpler too - only port injection instead of DI and port.
The 15-17 tunes have been completely vetted and done for pushing 6 years now. The 18+ has been good to go for almost 3 years. Do you really think they are manually configuring a tune file for each and everyone that orders a tune? No, they have a database of tunes with certain mods they send out. That is why the 2021 tune is not ready, you can't flash a 18-20 tune on it and expect it to work right so they have to configure the 2021 tune database and they can't do that until HPT gets all the tables defined.

Lund has marketed themselves beautifully over the past few years. They tell you they are the best, everyone else is shit and the customer is an idiot so just open your wallet and do as they say. The Mustang community ate it up and now they can name their price and you all will pay it. I don't blame anyone for wanting to make money, but they have really let their success get to their heads. They are good tuners, definitely amongst the best but some of their business practices over the past few years has soured my feelings about them.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I just got my feels hurt over Alex makin fun of NA guys on Beadlocks........ LMFAO!

-Not really-

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
As a Lund tune user, I can tell you my car runs amazing, smoother than stock and shifts exactly the way it should. As I am supercharged with a few different things there was certainly some data logging involved to fine tune the car from idle, street manners, daily driving and WOT. Where other tuners had great difficulty tuning the EB supercharger driveability, Lund knocked this out of the park. Things improved from the first start up tune to the final tune. I can’t say enough about how well they looked after me as a customer and how my car performs on the track and on the street.

With that said, I’m not amused that my cars computer is all locked up and can only be opened by Lund. Yes, I have my stock tune both saved on a laptop as well as on the memory card in my nGauge. That part is disappointing. I certainly understand locking their tune, but not my complete computer.

I am a happy customer, but didn’t know that going into business with them.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just got my feels hurt over Alex makin fun of NA guys on Beadlocks........ LMFAO!

-Not really-
Haha! I saw that video too. I have a set of beadlocks for my car which will be one of those 10 second cars he mentioned. I know for a fact that tires can and do spin on wheels on 11 and 12 second cars.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I know for a fact that tires can and do spin on wheels on 11 and 12 second cars.
100%. That's why I use a bit of shoe polish marking the rim to tire position. Lower tire pressure, more chance of moving.

That said my low 11 car runs pizza cutters for this year. That prolly break his brain haha.
Alex always yelps about 10 sec NA cars being tin cans. Pops a vein about let see weights.
Showed him my weight + time slip + pic of interior with only a rear seat delete.
Also told him you don't have to spend a shit load of money to accomplish one NA goals.
Just gotta be smart about it.

Also as mentioned above, he's most def letting lunds success get to his head. Calling his own customers stOOpid etc. I understand it's his own youtube channel, but he's still repping LUND.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
With that said, I’m not amused that my cars computer is all locked up and can only be opened by Lund. Yes, I have my stock tune both saved on a laptop as well as on the memory card in my nGauge. That part is disappointing. I certainly understand locking their tune, but not my complete computer.

I am a happy customer, but didn’t know that going into business with them.
Neither did I. I am very new to the tune scene. So with that being said if I put my car back to the stock tune is the ECM still locked?

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful car! 10 second N/A is my goal without major weight reduction. E85 tune is next performance mod I have planned. Not sure from there.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)