Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
How long have you been tuning?

Call or Email Lund and ask if he will send you a tune using your credits.
I've been tuning for over a year. I have the whole setup, therefore I can tune Ford, chevy, dodge, etc...

I've talked to Lund racing last year before the whole covid situation and nguage debacle. I know why they chose the platform they used.

Do you know how credits work?

To anyone using nguage. If you have ngauge, you can have tunes uploaded into your device via hptuners, so don't worry. You can still datalog with your device and send/receive logs.

You dont need a ngauge with Hptuners. You just need MPVI2, which is somewhat the same thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It says something to the effect that SCT owns any and all tunes "I" write and can revoke the permissions to use said tune at any time for any reason.

When I saw that I went straight to HP

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I've been tuning for over a year. I have the whole setup, therefore I can tune Ford, chevy, dodge, etc...

I've talked to Lund racing last year before the whole covid situation and nguage debacle. I know why they chose the platform they used.

Do you know how credits work?

To anyone using nguage. If you have ngauge, you can have tunes uploaded into your device via hptuners, so don't worry. You can still datalog with your device and send/receive logs.

You dont need a ngauge with Hptuners. You just need MPVI2, which is somewhat the same thing.

OK you are the expert.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yep. Been using CMR for 2.5 years now. Just getting into the HP stuff.
It's great. You'll love it.

It says something to the effect that SCT owns any and all tunes "I" write and can revoke the permissions to use said tune at any time for any reason.
So think about this statement. SCT has already been hit with major fine for violating rules as they pertain to tuning (Basically because of their Bullydog program). You think SCT wants to pay additional fines? SCT is looking out for their best interest, as well as Lund, but you probably weren't aware of this.

Lund Racing is not going to be dictated too in that manner. Its their work and they're going to do what they choose with it. Why would they even accept those terms from SCT/competitor? Just to use a device......?...lmao

OK you are the expert.
Simply stating the facts.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ROTFL

You think I'm some 20 year old?

You have been tuning for a whole year.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
ROTFL

You think I'm some 20 year old?

You have been tuning for a whole year.
1). I don't know how old you are.

2). Yes, using Hptuners. Did I mention I know a little about stand-a-lone ecu's tuning. I know a little something.

I know enough to be dangerous. I don't talk nonsense. I'll let you have the final word. Just let me know if you need any help with hpt channel or layout configs, charts or displays Or if your having issues on writing to your vehicle Or just figuring out how the MPVI2 works....rotfl.....Cheers bud!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I truly don't understand where you are coming from. I stated Lund won't send a tune to be loaded with a MPVI2 due to the fact that tune cannot be locked.

I also said "using my credits" In other words my licensed tune. I would need to copy his changes into my tune. How can he lock that?

Then you say I don't know how credits work and follow up with a lecture on SCT

You need to get a life or pay attention to what is being said and not read things into it.

Seeing as you have zero reading comprehension I wouldn't ask your advise if you were the best "tooner" on the planet.

Have a nice day

Since you are so knowledgeable how about doing a write up on how the torque and inverse tables work.

Maybe explain the snap to line......

Yea, thought so

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I truly don't understand where you are coming from. I stated Lund won't send a tune to be loaded with a MPVI2 due to the fact that tune cannot be locked.

I also said "using my credits" In other words my licensed tune. I would need to copy his changes into my tune. How can he lock that?

Then you say I don't know how credits work and follow up with a lecture on SCT

You need to get a life or pay attention to what is being said and not read things into it.

Seeing as you have zero reading comprehension I wouldn't ask your advise if you were the best "tooner" on the planet.

Have a nice day

Since you are so knowledgeable how about doing a write up on how the torque and inverse tables work.

Maybe explain the snap to line......

Yea, thought so
Why would I teach you about inverse torque tables? Your tuner should have told you about that, but you wouldn't understand it. All "You" need to know about those table are Y=1/x or X=1/Y....figure the rest of it out.

Again you know nothing. You can lock tunes in Hptuners. I'm not going to tell you how, because......I'm a "tooner". Figure it out.

You said Looks like Hptuners is getting into the tuning business. Uh, HPTuners is not a tuning business. They don't sell or provide help on tuning. They only provide the hardware/software.

It's funny when you think someone contradicts you, you come back with "Ive been doing this for awhile". Or I"'m not new to the game".

Why you commenting on a Lund thread anyway? Thought you weren't a fan.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Your the same guy that says wider tires are not good for inclement weather driving...omfg!

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Another guy on ignore.

Maybe you thought I was dumping on God Lund. I honestly don't know why you have lashed out at me.

Have a good life.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
62560F49-B9EC-42D7-98ED-9CC3702193CF.jpeg
Ok. First off, I know very little about HP Tuners...

But, I can tell you that narrow tires are ABSOLUTELY BETTER FOR WINTER SNOW! This isn’t even up for debate or to be questioned. I live this every winter here in Canada. Yea, we get snow here...
Just through the pic in. The end of my driveway. Snow bank is 7 feet high. My walkway at the grass line is over 2 feet....

Why would I teach you about inverse torque tables? Your tuner should have told you about that, but you wouldn't understand it. All "You" need to know about those table are Y=1/x or X=1/Y....figure the rest of it out.

Again you know nothing. You can lock tunes in Hptuners. I'm not going to tell you how, because......I'm a "tooner". Figure it out.

You said Looks like Hptuners is getting into the tuning business. Uh, HPTuners is not a tuning business. They don't sell or provide help on tuning. They only provide the hardware/software.

It's funny when you think someone contradicts you, you come back with "Ive been doing this for awhile". Or I"'m not new to the game".

Why you commenting on a Lund thread anyway? Thought you weren't a fan.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Your the same guy that says wider tires are not good for inclement weather driving...omfg!

Last edited:

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
62560F49-B9EC-42D7-98ED-9CC3702193CF.jpeg
Ok. First off, I know very little about HP Tuners...

But, I can tell you that narrow tires are ABSOLUTELY BETTER FOR WINTER SNOW! This isn’t even up for debate or to be questioned. I live this every winter here in Canada. Yea, we get snow here...
Just through the pic in. The end of my driveway. Snow bank is 7 feet high. My walkway at the grass line is over 2 feet....
inclement weather here where I'm at is 50 degrees and raining in SoCal. I drive on 305/35/19 squared. I used the term "inclement weather" loosely, so I wouldn't get boxed in on that statement....lol.

I did talk to a few buddies of mine in Canada and they said that narrow tires are good for snowy weather driving. I stand corrected.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
so this one just plug into your ODBII to upload tune only? how is that thing going to data log or display like nguage? we need a new device that can do like nguage or better.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
so this one just plug into your ODBII to upload tune only? how is that thing going to data log or display like nguage? we need a new device that can do like nguage or better.
Yeah but you'll be able to see data via smartphone connection to the OBD II dongle, AFAIK.