Sponsored

Lund ghost cam tune for FI

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I assume the idle is rough with it as a consequence?

As someone with actual cams in my Terminator, that actually make power, I wouldn't want anything to do with ghost cams. To each their own. :cheers:

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd

As someone with actual cams in my Terminator, that actually make power, I wouldn't want anything to do with ghost cams. To each their own. :cheers:
ditto....border line rice if you ask me

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I think it's bad ass and being rice to me means tasteless add ons.

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Well first off he has "actual cams" or his motor wouldn't run. Second, even if he did throw in "aftermarket cams that make power" the Dohc motor doesn't "chop" like a single cam motor so you won't get that audible everyone with this tune is seeking. So my question is it's not ok to run this tune because it's rice but if he upgrades cams then gets tuned and lund throws in some magic to generate more cam chop it's ok? Smh

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Wow is that right? Everyone has cams? That must be what I took out when I put the new ones in myself.. It is damn near impossible to tune out all of the chop with large cams, a majority of it sure. Secondly, I never said it's not ok or, called it rice, Inigo did. I said I, PERSONALLY, don't understand intentionally wanting a choppy idle with no benefit of power. I had them tune as much of the chop out with possible.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Wow is that right? Everyone has cams? That must be what I took out when I put the new ones in myself.. It is damn near impossible to tune out all of the chop with large cams, a majority of it sure. Secondly, I never said it's not ok or, called it rice, Inigo did. I said I, PERSONALLY, don't understand intentionally wanting a choppy idle with no benefit of power. I had them tune as much of the chop out with possible.
I have comp cams stage 2 blower cams, We had to tune chop into it..

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yep. These DOHC mod motors don't sound cammed even with cams.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Yep. These DOHC mod motors don't sound cammed even with cams.
Correct.

The only choppy idle modular motor are the SOHC motors. Those could sound rowdy as hell. The only two decent sounding cam setup's are the FR500 cams for the older cobras, and the ghost cam tune. Both of which are two different schools of thought

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Lund must have made some revisions to the cam tune or they changed it for FI. Definitely doesn't chop as hard, shake as bad or come any where near stalling like my old NA cam tune. Much more a subtle chop..

Rice, naw...even for those that do consider it "rice" I still make over 650whp and the car's performance will speak for its self...

Rice to me is buying cheap "replica" parts and passing them off as original or 100000 stickers...

Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
e85, Comp Cams Stage 2 Blower cams. Whipple. ID1000's.

I literally had just got it running again in the video.. Was still ironing out underhood details.. ;)

[ame]

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
e85, Comp Cams Stage 2 Blower cams. Whipple. ID1000's.

I literally had just got it running again in the video.. Was still ironing out underhood details.. ;)

Sounds nasty!, a good nasty that is:thumbsup:

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Agree 100%. It's like having those Non-functional hood scoops just for looks. A big waste in my book!

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Lund must have made some revisions to the cam tune or they changed it for FI. Definitely doesn't chop as hard, shake as bad or come any where near stalling like my old NA cam tune. Much more a subtle chop..

Rice, naw...even for those that do consider it "rice" I still make over 650whp and the car's performance will speak for its self...

Rice to me is buying cheap "replica" parts and passing them off as original or 100000 stickers...
I think rice is when it's fake. Sounding like a car with real bad ass cams and not having them is fake to me. Sorry, just what I think. :shrug:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That's like saying you don't understand why people change our their exhaust. Everyone wants their car to sound a different way, who cares?
Sponsored