Sponsored

Lund FF Tuning (AFR the same at idle and throttle)

HannyBoySolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Han
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, I loaded the Lund FF tune and my AFR ratio is 12.5-13.2. When I lay off the gas, AFR will sometimes go back to 20, but it will go into the richer side of 8.9-11. Do you think the problem might be alcohol relearn? I don't have an NGauge and was tuned with RTD. Is there a way to check the Lambda with an RTD device?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Have you giving it time to fully learn the fuel yet? It will hunt back and forth the way you are describing quite a bit until it's learned the E content. I only worried about my idle afr. As long as the flex tune dials that in it should adjust properly when you go WOT. And going 20:1 off the gas pedal is completely normal for all situations.

Mechanicus5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan GTR
1) If you think there is a problem with a tune, Best to contact your tuner. Do not recommend that you try and get a fix from a forum board.

2) Load the tune and drive. Chances are very high you do not understand what you are looking at. Once again when in doubt contact your tuner.

3) Enjoy the car.

Side note: Trying to get a diagnosis from a forum board, is like going onto a online medical diagnosis site for a scratch and it tells you that you are dying from AIDS... just saying.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to check the Lambda with an RTD device?
With a laptop & LiveLink iirc, or buy another device just to view/log. RTD can't read /edit / display parameters. IMO using a RTD is about the worst way possible to tune/monitor a vehicle with. It's also funny how you're forced to buy extra equipment just to use the RTD.

OP
OP

HannyBoySolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Han
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Have you giving it time to fully learn the fuel yet? It will hunt back and forth the way you are describing quite a bit until it's learned the E content. I only worried about my idle afr. As long as the flex tune dials that in it should adjust properly when you go WOT. And going 20:1 off the gas pedal is completely normal for all situations.
The AFR will go into 20 time to time. I know it should go to 20 once you step off of the gas pedal, but I've been seen AFR hover around 8.9-11 for 5-10 seconds when it doesn't go back to 20. Should I try disconnecting the battery for 30mins for a KAM reset?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Go to the HPtuners web site and download the scanner software.

https://www.hptuners.com/

You can then log your tune unless Lund locks you out, which he is known for.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The AFR will go into 20 time to time. I know it should go to 20 once you step off of the gas pedal, but I've been seen AFR hover around 8.9-11 for 5-10 seconds when it doesn't go back to 20. Should I try disconnecting the battery for 30mins for a KAM reset?
How long have you drove it since flashing the flex tune and filling up with gas? It will hover that low and if your running e85 it should settle at 8.9 at idle once it's learned. Are you running a stock intake? I had a jlt when I ran E and sometimes it wouldn't learn correctly and I'd have to do a Kam reset. Plus when you switch fuels it seems to take longer to learn than if you consistently run the same type of fuel.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Go to the HPtuners web site and download the scanner software.

https://www.hptuners.com/

You can then log your tune unless Lund locks you out, which he is known for.
Lund doesn't lock you out from logging parameters of your tune. They just prevent you from reading and modifying their tune.

OP
OP

HannyBoySolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Han
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
How long have you drove it since flashing the flex tune and filling up with gas? It will hover that low and if your running e85 it should settle at 8.9 at idle once it's learned. Are you running a stock intake? I had a jlt when I ran E and sometimes it wouldn't learn correctly and I'd have to do a Kam reset. Plus when you switch fuels it seems to take longer to learn than if you consistently run the same type of fuel.
I'm currently running around ~E50 set up. The E has been terrible recently. Should I just do a KAM reset to relearn the fuel trim? I'm running stock airbox.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Lund doesn't lock you out from logging parameters of your tune.
He has in the past to stop people from reverse engineering his tune. He would block many parameters.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently running around ~E50 set up. The E has been terrible recently. Should I just do a KAM reset to relearn the fuel trim? I'm running stock airbox.
I would. If your running e50 I believe your afr should settle in around 11.6-11.7 but it could take a while. When I had my flex tune I found out that idling for 5-10 mibs like Lund suggested never worked right. I would idle for 2-3 mins tops with two slow revs to about 2500rpms and the drive. No wot but normal around town cruising. Or 20 mins on the freeway was best if possible. After that I'd let it idle for a minute and make sure my idle afr was close. If so I'd go smash on it. Just remember with the flex tune it will always float up and down while your driving so you really only want to concern yourself with idle and wot afr.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
He has in the past to stop people from reverse engineering his tune. He would block many parameters.
Not from logging. Yes you can't look at any of his tuning tables but you can log any PIDs available in the software you are using.

OP
OP

HannyBoySolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Han
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I would. If your running e50 I believe your afr should settle in around 11.6-11.7 but it could take a while. When I had my flex tune I found out that idling for 5-10 mibs like Lund suggested never worked right. I would idle for 2-3 mins tops with two slow revs to about 2500rpms and the drive. No wot but normal around town cruising. Or 20 mins on the freeway was best if possible. After that I'd let it idle for a minute and make sure my idle afr was close. If so I'd go smash on it. Just remember with the flex tune it will always float up and down while your driving so you really only want to concern yourself with idle and wot afr.
Will do. I appreciate it for your help!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Since after a KAM reset the ECU will assume 14.0 AFR I would not drive it till the dash shows it is learning. Driving with it being 19 to one is harmfull to your engine.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Not from logging.
Yes from logging. I know several with Lund tunes. I can't log with any but one, which Lund forgot to lock........

His tune is nothing special, and no I won't post it.
Sponsored