Sponsored

LTH Install Too Loud

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I like varex active mufflers with a H pipe with 20" bottle resonators for my catless setup. Had to get something active to have anywhere near reasonable cold starts. Before this my car would shake the whole neighborhood on startups. Dont go WOT with the valves closed on the varex setup though, way too much backpressure. Its insanely loud with the valves open but I like it. Cold starts with the valves open is insanity. You can get a device from varex that sets the valves at 25% 50% 75% or 100% open too.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Iā€™ve been thinking about getting their S Type with a H Pipe since itā€™s not as loud as the Roush. The Roush is just too much šŸ˜‚
The type s with borlas resonated h pipe had a nice mellow deep tone but it comes with factory connects and its only 2.5" through the h pipe. I ran this set up for a while by cutting the 2 1/4" factory connects off so I could clamp it to my 3" down pipes but the 2.5 piping was choking my turbos so I ended up going back to full 3" all the way back.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm reading some don't know what they want, not unusual actually LMAO
Iā€™ve been thinking about getting their S Type with a H Pipe since itā€™s not as loud as the Roush. The Roush is just too much šŸ˜‚
LMAO does my car look TOO loud :cwl: :question:

DSC_0006.JPG

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
I feel this. Against the advice of everyone I went catless LTH (Texas Speed 1 7/8), MBRP Race Cat back 3" inlet/outlet.......and my gosh. Anything above 3k makes me feel like Im in nascar. Cold Starts are brutal. Once the car is warm it's a joy to drive and rev. But I have been considering a muffler to put on to reduce the noise. Car isn't daily driven so i'm not too stressed by it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I feel this. Against the advice of everyone I went catless LTH (Texas Speed 1 7/8), MBRP Race Cat back 3" inlet/outlet.......and my gosh. Anything above 3k makes me feel like Im in nascar. Cold Starts are brutal. Once the car is warm it's a joy to drive and rev. But I have been considering a muffler to put on to reduce the noise. Car isn't daily driven so i'm not too stressed by it!
Damn man I was thinking about getting the street version so it should be a bit tamer than the race one. Granted Roush is supposed to be one of the loudest setups you can have so anything should be better.

OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My mistake, it was the street version I installed, the one for my car was
MBRP S7277409
and paid $654 for it.
Just bought the street for my '19 after seeing some videos of the catback with LTH's that were catless. I am running high flow cats so it should help even more.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
RR 17 GT MT82 & Brown 16 F350 Lariat Dually
Just bought the street for my '19 after seeing some videos of the catback with LTH's that were catless. I am running high flow cats so it should help even more.
I had the flow master race version on the car before, and with the X-pipe it was loud, obnoxious, and way to raspy for me. I am kinda old school in that I like the low rumble of V-8's and no rasp. So only took me about two weeks to decide I wasnt going to get used to it and bought the MBRP system. Still have the flowmaster on the shelf in case I decide to reinvent myself.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I had the flow master race version on the car before, and with the X-pipe it was loud, obnoxious, and way to raspy for me. I am kinda old school in that I like the low rumble of V-8's and no rasp. So only took me about two weeks to decide I wasnt going to get used to it and bought the MBRP system. Still have the flowmaster on the shelf in case I decide to reinvent myself.
I have catted LTH, Ford performance X res, super 44's, ZERO RASP, and no drone above 1300 rpms. My car sounds like an old school 427 going to work

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I did things backwards and just installed Stainless Power long tube headers with high flow cats after being boosted for about two months and now the sound is crazy for my car. I have Roush Axle backs and a X Pipe and the rasp/tone is INSANE at WOT or anything above 3k RPM. Iā€™m looking to tone down the sound/rasp at the higher RPMs but Iā€™m not sure what to do.

I have read that resonators will help but honestly I wouldnā€™t mind getting a new axle back because Iā€™m not a fan of the Roush look and the way it sits in the rear valence. Itā€™s on me for buying a known raspy axle back but now I need suggestions on a new axle back.

I also do not plan on installing a H Pipe unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!
Hi. What do you think of the Stainless Power LTH? I was told they fit nice and don't cost as much as others such as Kooks. Who did you get them from? Thanks

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I have the LTH catted headers with AWE touring catback. Excellent sound and quality.

OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi. What do you think of the Stainless Power LTH? I was told they fit nice and don't cost as much as others such as Kooks. Who did you get them from? Thanks
Fitment and quality were great. No rubbing or any modifications needed. I got them from Modify My Stang.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Fitment and quality were great. No rubbing or any modifications needed. I got them from Modify My Stang.
Nice. Thanks. I will order a set for my winter engine mod projects.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I did things backwards and just installed Stainless Power long tube headers with high flow cats after being boosted for about two months and now the sound is crazy for my car. I have Roush Axle backs and a X Pipe and the rasp/tone is INSANE at WOT or anything above 3k RPM. Iā€™m looking to tone down the sound/rasp at the higher RPMs but Iā€™m not sure what to do.

I have read that resonators will help but honestly I wouldnā€™t mind getting a new axle back because Iā€™m not a fan of the Roush look and the way it sits in the rear valence. Itā€™s on me for buying a known raspy axle back but now I need suggestions on a new axle back.

I also do not plan on installing a H Pipe unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!
Hereā€™s a quick clip of ARH, catted, Corsa Sport cat back.

Sponsored