LTH Install Too Loud

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just bought the street for my '19 after seeing some videos of the catback with LTH's that were catless. I am running high flow cats so it should help even more.
I've heard its a pretty good sounding combo. Probably won't take the volume down that much at WOT but everywhere else should be more reasonable lol
Sponsored

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I have Magnaflow cat back with a Roush Stage 1. It's a lovely combo. The sound is just a low burble at low RPM and gets crazy good at high RPM.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I like varex active mufflers with a H pipe with 20" bottle resonators for my catless setup. Had to get something active to have anywhere near reasonable cold starts. Before this my car would shake the whole neighborhood on startups. Dont go WOT with the valves closed on the varex setup though, way too much backpressure. Its insanely loud with the valves open but I like it. Cold starts with the valves open is insanity. You can get a device from varex that sets the valves at 25% 50% 75% or 100% open too.
I'll second Varex mufflers for taming LTH.

I've got the smart bot that allows you to play with it via the app. Geo mode useful to keep it quiet around home.

Matrix mode interesting; I've made the option of valves only 25% open when throttle open more than 15% and valves completely open below this. Results in nice rumble at idle, relatively quite on acceleration and nice burble on the over-run.

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
I have the same setup but with kooks catless. Forced me to purchase vibrant resonators and that did the trick. Its still loud but eliminated a significant amount of rasp.
Sponsored