lowering springs

johnnys550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt fastback
just recently bought a 2018 gt350 and i want to lower the car but dont want to scrape everywhere need help choosing the best ones! i see everyone saying that the ford performance are the best but i also see that bmr has a nice look and steeda!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Ford Performance sells lowering spring for the GT350.

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
I'm looking into springs also, pretty much settled on the bmr handling springs based solely on HB's opinion on this board. They lower the car the least out of all of them, which Ive read is nice since they dont throw the suspension out of whack and make other mods necessary.

A question i'd like to add is should the swaybars be replaced at the same time? I think HB recommended the front "massive steeda s550 swaybar" as a part the car would benefit from.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-1...fBFO8FV_TggZ-WNsHHvU3Ol_jwvojLEoaAqqMEALw_wcB

Just do the front one? ty

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve had both Ford and Bmr’s on my cars. There really isn’t a bad choice with either. The Ford’s rode slightly better but I actually preferred the ride on the Bmr’s.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I did more homework than I care to remember when starting this project. I think the height difference between the BMR and Ford is a wash at right around 20mm each. At the end of the day, I went Ford because you really can’t find a bad comment about them, and they’re blue. The kicker for me was a smokin deal from a forum member @pilotgore who ran them on a track car and also loved them.

While I truly love HB as much as anyone on this forum, keep in mind he’s providing feedback from out at the ragged edge of a components capabilities. Something none of us mere mortals (especially me) will ever experience. Keep in mind HB ran the Ford springs successfully for quite some time, until he outgrew them (please correct me if I misspoke out of line on this).

Having said all that, I also discovered you can’t go wrong with BMR either. But they’re red, sooooo….

Between the two, I’d say it comes down to what you may know and desire between a dual rate vs a linear spring, and maybe just a pinch of brand loyalty.

I steered clear of the Steeda because IMO, the only Steeda option was their dual rates, and found alot of well respected opinions that the rate on the rear springs was just astronomically too high to make any sense.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I did more homework than I care to remember when starting this project. I think the height difference between the BMR and Ford is a wash at right around 20mm each. At the end of the day, I went Ford because you really can’t find a bad comment about them, and they’re blue. The kicker for me was a smokin deal from a forum member @pilotgore who ran them on a track car and also loved them.

While I truly love HB as much as anyone on this forum, keep in mind he’s providing feedback from out at the ragged edge of a components capabilities. Something none of us mere mortals (especially me) will ever experience. Keep in mind HB ran the Ford springs successfully for quite some time, until he outgrew them (please correct me if I misspoke out of line on this).

Having said all that, I also discovered you can’t go wrong with BMR either. But they’re red, sooooo….

Between the two, I’d say it comes down to what you may know and desire between a dual rate vs a linear spring, and maybe just a pinch of brand loyalty.

I steered clear of the Steeda because IMO, the only Steeda option was their dual rates, and found alot of well respected opinions that the rate on the rear springs was just astronomically too high to make any sense.
Chris was very happy with them on & off the street. He influenced many customers to install the dual rates & they too were very happy. I will have him jump in & provide you with him honest feedback:

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
This is the first car I’ve owned in over 40 years of driving that I have not lowered. I definitely want to but scrape often enough that I don’t think it’s practical. If there was a type of lift to raise the front end for driveways and speed bumps I’d do it right away. Having the Magneride shocks rules out lift systems made for coil overs but if anyone has found a solution please share.

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Installed FP lowering springs on my 2020 Gt350.. Love the look (with the stock 35 series) and no penalty on ride quality from my seat. Lowering it was a concern as I was scraping a bit on roads in SoCal. Going 20mm isn't going to help, but I'm even more cautious when driving to limit as much as I can. No regrets.

20230704_090140.jpg

Duston@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i GT
Morning Johnny, as a Lethal Employee who has driven them firsthand, if you are looking for a minimal drop spring that is comfortable enough to daily on, the Steeda Dual Rate springs are absolutely perfect for you. The half inch drop (~13mm) is not enough to drastically alter your ride height, but it makes a big difference in handling and looks.

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Installed FP lowering springs on my 2020 Gt350.. Love the look (with the stock 35 series) and no penalty on ride quality from my seat. Lowering it was a concern as I was scraping a bit on roads in SoCal. Going 20mm isn't going to help, but I'm even more cautious when driving to limit as much as I can. No regrets.

20230704_090140.jpg
are those the frpp x street springs?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Ford springs are great. If Ford did not offer the springs I am sure I would have the Steeda or BMR springs in it instead.
DSC_2054.jpg
Sponsored