Sponsored

Reducing GT350R Heat Soak Effects with E85 and a CAI?

KevinMar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've loved my '18 350R since the day I got it, and have taken it to many track days. I'm improving my abilities and as such lap times are coming down.

My last 3 track days have been at Big Willow and I'm running a consistent 1:31. I'm pretty happy with these times and my progression, but I'm not happy about how my engine performance degrades throughout the day. My engine oil temps have always remained within the normal range, however as I progress through each track day the reduction in engine performance is noticeable, especially around the uphill sections of Big Willow.

The reduced price and engine temperatures that a switch to E85 brings are very attractive. I'm not looking for maximum horsepower gains, I know that isn't the limiting factor in my lap times. What are your thoughts on how a switch to E85 + a better intake would affect my engine's performance on a hot track day?

I'm currently leaning towards Lund's E85 tune, however I am open to other suggestions including the Flex Commander. Lund explicitly recommended the PMAS Fenderwell Intake, however I am not convinced that is the best intake for my needs.

Looking for any and all thoughts on this prospective upgrade.
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Steeda closed airbox maybe. I think they have an adapter that you can use so you don’t have to have a tune.

OP
OP
KevinMar

KevinMar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Steeda closed airbox maybe. I think they have an adapter that you can use so you don’t have to have a tune.
I'm willing to tune, especially for E85. But I don't want the tune to push the performance of the engine. A safe E85 tune should still noticeably increase power without having to worry about another bad kaboom.
Sponsored