Lowering springs

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
I was looking at the pro kit and BMR’ minimal drop springs. I feel like a nice 1.2-1.5 on all corners would look good without having to sacrifice too much comfort or worry about road debris.
If you go the Eibach route, check out Tirerack.com Here's why.

So Eibach sells the Pro Springs for $295. They also have a sway bar set for $495, and a combined Springs plus sway bar kit for $749.
Over at Tirerack, I stumbled on the Eibach Pro Springs + Sway bar kit for $434.96. Thats insane. I only want to use the front bar. But subtract the 249 for the springs and the cost for the sway bar kit was $139, less than either bar separately. So I will sell the rear bar if I can. Also bought the end links for the sway bar. I figure for the money I had to spend, this will get me lowered and keep me planted and get rid of some roll thru turns. Not a racer or a track guy, but LOVE the twisties.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda's minimum drop springs https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8223-s550-minimum-drop-lowering-springs & to a degree, our sport springs can be installed without additional upgrades at the time of installation.

As many have said, down the road, the upgrade is going to reduce the life of the OE ... having to upgrade down the road.

Currently, we are offering 10% off during our Halloween Sale:

HalloweenSale-homepageBanner.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you go the Eibach route, check out Tirerack.com Here's why.

So Eibach sells the Pro Springs for $295. They also have a sway bar set for $495, and a combined Springs plus sway bar kit for $749.
Over at Tirerack, I stumbled on the Eibach Pro Springs + Sway bar kit for $434.96. Thats insane. I only want to use the front bar. But subtract the 249 for the springs and the cost for the sway bar kit was $139, less than either bar separately. So I will sell the rear bar if I can. Also bought the end links for the sway bar. I figure for the money I had to spend, this will get me lowered and keep me planted and get rid of some roll thru turns. Not a racer or a track guy, but LOVE the twisties.
I suggest hanging onto that rear bar until you've driven the car with the rest of the kit installed.

You may find out that you do want a bit more rear bar.

Norm

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
I suggest hanging onto that rear bar until you've driven the car with the rest of the kit installed.

You may find out that you do want a bit more rear bar.

Norm
Yea probably good advice. Thanks.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
So searching for products and pricing, I’ll probably wind up doing camber/caster plates, shock/struts, and the stop the hop kit. If the vehicle is going to be in the air and I have to remove springs from existing struts/shocks, it makes sense to just save up a bit more and do it all at once. Appreciate everyone for the advice!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JD,

Shoot me your email - let me see if we can get a package deal put together for you ... you are making a great decision!

TJ

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Do you still need to replace the struts / shocks if you have a PP car and install the lowering springs?
I still have the original suspension except for the springs, but I don't have the performance pack. So I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
What are some springs I can use with the factory struts/shocks (non PP, non magnaride) for daily driving that won’t destroy them in a few thousand miles? Or, is it recommended to upgrade struts/shocks as well? Thanks!
BMR springs for sure. They don't give a crazy drop that messes with the geometry of the car and you can retain your factory struts/shocks. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Sorry to hijack the thread. Thinking of doing some lowering springs as well.

I had been looking at the Steeda Dual Rate, Steeda Sport Progressive or the Accelatec lowering springs from CJ's.

Being new to all this by doing springs am I wearing out the OEM parts faster and if so by how much?

Are there any risks of just doing lowering springs and not changing shocks, struts etc?

Hoping for a little advice as this was going to be a winter project.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We don't recommend going with the dual rates unless you are doing more spirited driving - they are not compatible with the stock shocks & struts. The Sport progressives are, however, & it all depends on your driving style - it is very hard to gauge the life of the stock shocks & struts ... if you are asking will you need to switch them out in a month, a couple of months, maybe a year - probably not ... just know that over their lifespan, they will be reduced by running aftermarket springs.

Check out this spring guide to help with your set-up:

https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/documents/steeda-s550-mustang-spring-guide-5-2020.pdf

As mentioned, it will be more cost-effective & save time to do all the stuff at one - that way you get the best ride quality off the get-go!

TJ

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
We don't recommend going with the dual rates unless you are doing more spirited driving - they are not compatible with the stock shocks & struts. The Sport progressives are, however, & it all depends on your driving style - it is very hard to gauge the life of the stock shocks & struts ... if you are asking will you need to switch them out in a month, a couple of months, maybe a year - probably not ... just know that over their lifespan, they will be reduced by running aftermarket springs.

Check out this spring guide to help with your set-up:

https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/documents/steeda-s550-mustang-spring-guide-5-2020.pdf

As mentioned, it will be more cost-effective & save time to do all the stuff at one - that way you get the best ride quality off the get-go!

TJ
Thanks TJ. It might be more cost effective but am a little limited at the time. That being said I am going more for slight handling upgrades and the look. The car is daily driven and maybe see's the track a few (three or less) times a year. Based on what you provided me the street seems like the way to go but .5 inches isn't a huge amount. I was thinking of going a bit more and wondering what you recommend. Also, do you have a set that will reduce nose dive? Thinking something that lowers the front more than the rear (hence my initial look at the sport progressives).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you meant sport,s yes, for your driving feedback - those our best springs for ride comfort with occasional track use:

P.M. coming.

TJ