Low pressure code, but not running lean

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
2021 GT been throwing me a low fuel pressure code (P008A) for a while now. Already and replaced my fuel pump and also the fuel injector rail sensor. Previous owner installed a DW400 pump, and the housing had a bunch of gunk and mess in it. After replacing the pump, I’m still getting codes. Could it possibly be electrical? I’m really not sure what to think At this point. Would really appreciate some insight. Attatched a recent datalog from the new pump
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Is there a bunch of gunk in the fuel filter too?
There was a lot of gunk right under the pump and filter, but I just replaced the whole thing. Pump, send unit and lines.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Gunk ?
As in jelled or waxy fuel ?
No, somehow as in dirt/grass or something. Previous owner had installed a DW400 pump, and the filter was quite dirty. Attatched a pic of what I found when I opened up the pump housing. Not sure how it got like that at all..
I suspect that previous owner removed a charger or blower of some kind due to some hoses being replaced with heater hoses in the engine bay.

IMG_4906.jpeg

IMG_4907.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
All that gunk is probably inside the lines and hpfp unfortunately. Someone else on here mentioned that basket/pump replacements delete the only filter for the system

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
All that gunk is probably inside the lines and hpfp unfortunately. Someone else on here mentioned that basket/pump replacements delete the only filter for the system
Yeah, I was hoping that I could avoid going deeper into the lines but that will likely have to be the next move I make. Would it be more effective to flush the system, or replace the hpfp?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, I was hoping that I could avoid going deeper into the lines but that will likely have to be the next move I make. Would it be more effective to flush the system, or replace the hpfp?
I'd do both to be safe. I think there's some one use lines and hardware too involved with the hpfp

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
What type of fuel pressure sensor is used and where is it located ?