Lost for words

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
We had a similar issue with a gentleman using a part of his land as a shooting range. My daughter was going to buy a home in a community that backed up to this piece of land. I say was because we met the neighbors that already lived there and told us about the shootings.
Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Yeah no one was hurt. It had to of happened after I went to work and before my wife got home. Usually there is two other vehicles that block that side. Bad thing is I'm 95% sure I know who did it but I can't prove it. Also I have kids that go out around that time and I'm just glad they didn't get hit.
people who aimlessly shoot firearms are the worst...no regard for anyone's well-being,glad no one was injured!

Mach1Kid96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Mach 1 700A w/ HP
Sorry to hear about the damage! That really sucks, especially since this could've been prevented! Do y'all have any kind of security cameras or anything? Even if it's not pointed at your car? It may not catch the shooting, but I'm sure it can catch the sound of the bullet hitting the fender, which will give you an extremely rough timing of when the round was fired. It may aid the police (or you) in narrowing down who did it.

Oddly enough, this past weekend I had to yell into the woods behind my house because some teenagers were squirrel hunting and peppering my house's roof and carport (where the Mach 1 lives) with shotgun bb's. Any other direction, there's no houses...but they shot in the one direction which would hit houses.

Some people just don't think about where their projectiles go after it leaves the gun! :facepalm:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just send an anonymous drone bomb back - "wasn't me".... 😂

Sponsored

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So do district attorneys with lenient charges.
Not the DA's office at all. It is Congress that establishes minimum and maximum punishments for many crimes that a Judge can use to craft a sentence, referred to as Sentencing Guidelines.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Not the DA's office at all. It is Congress that establishes minimum and maximum punishments for many crimes that a Judge can use to craft a sentence, referred to as Sentencing Guidelines.
Wrong. News articles have been piling up over the last few years of activist district attorneys choosing to not bring charges against people who then go on to committ more crimes.

OP
OP
Kidroc2133

Kidroc2133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
So what are we thinking OP? Accident or Neighbour dispute? Either way I would be very very unhappy….
Im sure it was an accident. They shot all the time and there is about 50 acres of woods behind them. For some reason it seems they decided to shot from the back of there property towards mine across about 8 acres.

OP
OP
Kidroc2133

Kidroc2133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear about the damage! That really sucks, especially since this could've been prevented! Do y'all have any kind of security cameras or anything? Even if it's not pointed at your car? It may not catch the shooting, but I'm sure it can catch the sound of the bullet hitting the fender, which will give you an extremely rough timing of when the round was fired. It may aid the police (or you) in narrowing down who did it.

Oddly enough, this past weekend I had to yell into the woods behind my house because some teenagers were squirrel hunting and peppering my house's roof and carport (where the Mach 1 lives) with shotgun bb's. Any other direction, there's no houses...but they shot in the one direction which would hit houses.

Some people just don't think about where their projectiles go after it leaves the gun! :facepalm:
We do have cameras around the whole house and one is pointing toward the car. I havent thought about checking to see if it picked up the sound. I will check that.

Damn that sucks, people just dont care anymore. Here the amount of firearms being discharged over 60% according to the deputy that came out. They are in the process of installing something that can detect where shots are being fired from.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Im sure it was an accident. They shot all the time and there is about 50 acres of woods behind them. For some reason it seems they decided to shot from the back of there property towards mine across about 8 acres.
Have you looked what's the the drop of .380 at that distance ? Out of curiosity...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kidroc2133

Kidroc2133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
They are in the process of installing something that can detect where shots are being fired from.
The city of Atlanta has a system like that up and running. I don't know how well it works. It was in the news and then they quit talking about it.

Have you looked what's the the drop of .380 at that distance ? Out of curiosity...
To kind of answer your question a .380, depending on things like barrel length, how much powder, etc, is generally accurate to about 25 yards and past 100 yards are ineffectual. The distance the OP is talking about would lead me to believe the gun was fired at a 45 degree angle or greater into the air. Shot level it would never have reached his car at that height.
The thing is, is it really a. 380? 38 cal and 9mm are essentially the same diameter. Personally I'm not familiar enough to look at a single slug and say it's a 38, .380 or 9.

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wrong. News articles have been piling up over the last few years of activist district attorneys choosing to not bring charges against people who then go on to committ more crimes.
Not worth the argument , either way I'd have a fit walking out to my car and finding that.

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Yeah - a 9mm sighted in at 100yards would have a drop of close to 6 feet at 300 yards. I'd guess that most handguns are zerod at 10-25 yards so a 300 yard shot would likely drop even more than 6 feet. I don't think it would take much logic to put together a likely aiming point that was quite elevated to travel as far as it sounds like it did. Physics/Ballastics don't lie - if there were no other objects in between shooting point and your car (that would have taken the hit if it was some sort of ricochet off the ground and that kept going) and it hit your car - then it had to have been on a pretty steep arcing trajectory. I would think that would be enough to help police take a pretty hard stance with shooter vs it just being an unfortunate accident.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
This is why people want extreme gun laws. Morons ruin everything.
Even with extreme gun laws like here in Canada, this bullshit is happening country-wide. Criminals want a gun, they can get a gun.
Some areas are worse than others, but it's all over Canada.
Thing is, law abiding gun owners who follow the regs aren't shooting up the cities.
Sponsored