Sponsored

Looking to Make the Jump t a S550 GT Premium - Need Some Advice

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How is the car going to be used - daily driver, weekend track warrior, daily driver+weekend warrior, strictly garage queen or just a grocery getter for here and there...

As others have stated, any manufacturers stereo systems are sub-par and can certainly be upgraded to much better components and sound. The problem is, they don't make the bundling of Options easy to delete X, Y or Z - because in doing so; then the Buyer can't get X, because they deleted Z.... etc.

Active exhaust is the one option I've seen on this site talked about and whooned over time and time again - so it's definitely a positive feature that many M6G members like and would keep in the lair of "goodies"..

The rest of the option packages such as seating surfaces, type of seats (Recaro vs regular), dash cluster (analog vs digital), memory seat buttons vs not, NAV vs not, etc. is all up to the individual. Why would you need NAV when now most phones have such apps or can stream it to the display anyway? Just a thought.

Another thing to think about is how many of those optional vehicle features does one REALLY use - some folks have it, but don't even use it... know what I mean? Sure it's great to package the car with as many options as one can, but if the intent is "just to have" rather than actually utilizing them, then really is just $$ wasted. Will a fully loaded S550 benefit the next owner? Only those seeking a fully loaded S550....

Hit up Granger Ford on here if buying new - those guys have helped MANY M6G members with securing their dream Mustang.

If buying used, use a site like Cargurus and open the search up to Nationwide so you can see all of the S550's and their market value.
Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I have the b and o stereo on my car. It works for me. The active exhaust works great. I have and h pipe up front so i have noise options . All said i drive in sport mode most of the time.
For me the magnaride works. I upgraded it to the ford racing kit with the flash. Best suspenson money i have spent on a car.
Lots of good choises.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
My 22 is on order and I ordered:
GT Premium
401A
6 Speed
Performance Pack - To get the 3.73 rear end.
Active Exhaust
Magneride

That is pretty well optioned out, and within spitting distance of a Mach1. I'd like a Mach1, but it is just a little outside of my price range. I left off the upgraded sound system, really substituted that for the Active Exhaust. I can live without the upgraded sound system. I was all in for the 401A because of the heated and cooled seats. What I've ordered is just about the max range I can handle. This is a toy and will not be my DD. I also plan to have this car for many, many, many years. Just as long as the commies don't outlaw gasoline.

I was on the fence about the mangeride, but thought it to be a neat option. I can loaf down the interstate, or click a button and throw it around a bit.

The A-10 is a sweet transmission, but I like three pedal fun. And, it is a no-cost theft deterrent device.

Order it the way you want.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Its also worth considering what aftermarket options you want. If you are doing suspension and wheels anyways spending money on pp1 might not make a lot of sense. With how much they are charging for it now Id probably go that route with a normal gt.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Adaptive cruise was a novelty for me in a previous car, but I grew to really appreciate it. Now, in my premium GT convertible, PP, manual tranny, I appreciate it even more, even in daily driving around town.
I don't know that I would notice any improvement with an upgraded sound system. The top is always down, and the exhaust - well...ymmv.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
My 22 is on order and I ordered:
GT Premium
401A
6 Speed
Performance Pack - To get the 3.73 rear end.
Active Exhaust
Magneride

That is pretty well optioned out, and within spitting distance of a Mach1. I'd like a Mach1, but it is just a little outside of my price range. I left off the upgraded sound system, really substituted that for the Active Exhaust. I can live without the upgraded sound system. I was all in for the 401A because of the heated and cooled seats. What I've ordered is just about the max range I can handle. This is a toy and will not be my DD. I also plan to have this car for many, many, many years. Just as long as the commies don't outlaw gasoline.

I was on the fence about the mangeride, but thought it to be a neat option. I can loaf down the interstate, or click a button and throw it around a bit.

The A-10 is a sweet transmission, but I like three pedal fun. And, it is a no-cost theft deterrent device.

Order it the way you want.
400a also has heated and cooled seats.

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
If I could get it to stay in sport/track mode loudness at all times it would be ok.
Put it into Sport or Track and then unplug the harness, it should stay put. At least that is what I've read. I'm surprised no one has made a jumper harness yet to override the cold start. Can't be that complicated, best case it's a on/off signal worst is that it's a 4-20ma or 0-12v signal.

Edit: Apparently it's more involved (over engineered) than I thought. Good thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-active-exhaust-install-guide.101913/

Last edited:

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I'll admit right off the bat that I'm new here. I've read a bunch of threads, been searching cars for weeks (what's even out there) and have test drove a few. For those of you who have been driving Mustangs for years, what are your non-negotiable options? Just a heads up, I'm coming from an Audi so I'm going to make sure I get some bells and whistles.

Is the 3.55 axles worth the $1k upgrade?
Not sure the $2.4K is worth the adaptive cruise either, seems more annoying than anything with a manual.
My 2021 6M came with 3.55 gears, They are just right, IMO. Not optional, standard. Adaptive cruise is part of the 401a package, along with a bunch of other stuff including the electronic dash. I'd get that again, I like it a lot.
Active exhaust is awesome. Sport mode is perfect for me. Deep down low, amazingly loud and a little raspy up higher. Really can't believe Ford installed it.
I didn't get the PP, which meant I couldn't get Magnaride. I did get the 20s. All together that combo rides and handles very well up to about 9 tenths, which is good for me. Limits are lower than the PP. I don't really care. I bought a street car and highway cruiser.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Put it into Sport or Track and then unplug the harness, it should stay put. At least that is what I've read. I'm surprised no one has made a jumper harness yet to override the cold start. Can't be that complicated, best case it's a on/off signal worst is that it's a 4-20ma or 0-12v signal.

Edit: Apparently it's more involved (over engineered) than I thought. Good thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-active-exhaust-install-guide.101913/
If you set Sport exhaust in My Mode, it sticks. Mine, does, anyway. Sport mode cold start wakes the neighbors.

Sponsored

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I thought the 3.73 were the ratios for the GT manual. Would not want to go to 3.55 given the tranny gear ratio changes since 2018.
Mine is a 19 gt and it came with 3.55. I also got the basic package so no magnaride or gps. But I traded those out for 4.09. They are great with the manual and a vortech. But unless it’s not your dd I’d stay with the 3.55 gears. I now have to shift a lot sooner, being in 5th at 40 is what your looking at with 4.09, but if it’s not your dd then the 4.09 gears make it much more fun to drive and you get a big difference in your tourque.

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just get every option going....Couldnt imagine not having variable exhaust...Love it! I didnt get magnaride, instead got Roush coil overs.
I didn’t get active exhaust cause I just want to get cat back, idc what my neighbors think. They should be happy that such a nice car lives by them. Lol

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Another reason I got a vortech is cause I’m sick of hearing the auto is faster. Now any auto that try’s me is not even close. But men drive manual and auto is for bitches. Who gets a sports car with a auto? Where’s the fun in that.

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
I just got a '21 GT Premium with the 401A, active valve performance exhaust. The exhaust is 10db quieter than "normal" for sneaking out of the neighborhood early in the AM, I like that and so do my neighbors probably. Like the adjustable dash options the 401A pack brings. I put Maxpider 3D Kagu mats in mine, they've been good in my truck over 4 years. Seem to fit well in the Pony.

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
Another reason I got a vortech is cause I’m sick of hearing the auto is faster. Now any auto that try’s me is not even close. But men drive manual and auto is for bitches. Who gets a sports car with a auto? Where’s the fun in that.
The 10 sp Auto is a fantastic transmission. I have it in my '18 F150 5.0 and really like it. Can anyone confirm if the 6 speed in the non Mach 1 cars is really US sourced? I thought they came from the Gertrag factory in China?

I got the spare tire kit from fordparts.com for almost half what the factory charges. 10 mins of my time to save almost $200.
Sponsored

Last edited: