Looking to Make the Jump t a S550 GT Premium - Need Some Advice

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Put it into Sport or Track and then unplug the harness, it should stay put. At least that is what I've read. I'm surprised no one has made a jumper harness yet to override the cold start. Can't be that complicated, best case it's a on/off signal worst is that it's a 4-20ma or 0-12v signal.

Edit: Apparently it's more involved (over engineered) than I thought. Good thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-active-exhaust-install-guide.101913/
Thank you, I will look into it.
Sponsored

Sack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT PP
I was in a similar position a few weeks ago, been wanting a mustang but never having owned one. I ended up with a 2020 white GT premium, automatic with the active exhaust and performance pack. To be honest, I could live without the active exhaust, I just use it to make the car quieter in the morning so I don't bother the neighbors.

The biggest quality of life thing I wish I would have thought of was the memory seat settings. Every time I get out of the car, I have to move the seat all the way to the rear. If I don't, then the next time I get in, I have to move it to the rear before I can get in comfortably, otherwise I awkwardly shimmy into the seat and bump my knees on the steering wheel.

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I'll admit right off the bat that I'm new here. I've read a bunch of threads, been searching cars for weeks (what's even out there) and have test drove a few. For those of you who have been driving Mustangs for years, what are your non-negotiable options? Just a heads up, I'm coming from an Audi so I'm going to make sure I get some bells and whistles.

What I've determined I want
- GT Premium Fastback
- B&O Sound
- Upgraded Exhaust (kind of seems like a waste)
- Manual

Is the 3.55 axles worth the $1k upgrade?
Not sure the $2.4K is worth the adaptive cruise either, seems more annoying than anything with a manual.
I would love to do the black out package but you can't get that with the GT performance package.

Anything else you guys recommend?
I bought mine last December 2020 with very similar options. To me the B&O audio is worth it 100%. Looking at parts and labor aftermarket setups are not free either. It sounds great and under normal driving conditions it's more than loud enough to cover exhaust noises (particularly with a no-drone setup). Ford offers several different non-B&O options, but I test drove a PP car without it and thought it sounded pretty rough and was NOT really able to drown out that car's exhaust (not sure what is was as this had a ton of dealer installed FRPP parts)

Adaptive cruise won't bother you. It's easy enough to turn on and off. I applaud Ford for even offering it on a 6MT, honestly. You can disable it from settings and it works like normal cruise but it's quite nice on the highways if you're doing 75 and it gives you a gradual slowdown to 72-ish. Chances are if the car has a lot of options. This isn't something worth avoiding at all. I was in your camp two years ago and now with two cars having it i'm very used to it.

I wish I ponied up for active exhaust. I wasted more money cycling through catbacks to find the right amount of sound. And cold starts are still just a little too loud for the neighbors. But i don't have any suspension complaints and don't regret not getting magnaride at all.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Many have stated in different ways that YOU should order what YOU like and can justify paying. If I could have afforded a Mach 1 that is what I would have purchased. To me it makes little sense to buy a 57,000 GT. Thats an auto with all options. The Active Exhaust would be a must for me, quiet in the morning for start ups and the times I want quiet. Stereo depends on your needs or likes, listen to a B&O and decide. The 401A is a must, that 12” Instrument Cluster is magic.

Something to consider if it matters, what is a 60k mustang GT Premium with fees going to be worth in 18 mos when the bottom falls out on used car values? I almost ordered an all optioned GT in 2019 until I saw what a used one was selling for by a dealer with low miles, 36k. Now that 57k mustang was doing to cost me about 50k plus tax title and tags but you get the point. Its a difficult market to buy a car in right now unless you buy from Granger or Chapman where discounts are still offered.

OP
OP

gater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3
Many have stated in different ways that YOU should order what YOU like and can justify paying. If I could have afforded a Mach 1 that is what I would have purchased. To me it makes little sense to buy a 57,000 GT. Thats an auto with all options. The Active Exhaust would be a must for me, quiet in the morning for start ups and the times I want quiet. Stereo depends on your needs or likes, listen to a B&O and decide. The 401A is a must, that 12” Instrument Cluster is magic.

Something to consider if it matters, what is a 60k mustang GT Premium with fees going to be worth in 18 mos when the bottom falls out on used car values? I almost ordered an all optioned GT in 2019 until I saw what a used one was selling for by a dealer with low miles, 36k. Now that 57k mustang was doing to cost me about 50k plus tax title and tags but you get the point. Its a difficult market to buy a car in right now unless you buy from Granger or Chapman where discounts are still offered.
I hear this loud and clear. I own an Audi and if you've ever owned a German car you know that there's a thin line between owning it and it owning you and I'm tightroping it right now. I can still get good money for my trade (especially in this market) without having to drop a fortune on repairs.
Sponsored