Sponsored

Looking for previous owner(got some questions)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2013 boss 302 supercharged 2015 gt
Like the title states, the car is a magnetic base gt With a vmp gen 2r supercharger looks like a base kit with 85mm pulley and an mt82 its got velgen vmb7 rims and some nitto nt555 g2 tires. The only history I could find was it was from south Carolina originally. Got it from a dealer in Mi
Sponsored

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Good luck. I am in the same boat. Bought a 4k mileage 2020 Grabber Lime GT from Carmax in Virginia Beach. The car was purchased new 6/2020 at Richmond Ford Lincoln. I could research and find a number to call the original owner but would feel like a stalker. Car was sourced from a dealer in Sandusky Ohio. It was owned 16 months, had only 4216 miles, clearly garaged and cared for, and has PPF on the entire hood/fenders/grille/partial rear quarters.

Run a Carfax and you should get some good info. You can open a Carfax Car Care account and after the Vin loads the account will show the Maintenance History.

Last edited:

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Im in that boat as well. I bought my 19 GT almost 2 weeks ago. I got the deal of the decade, and actually did find out the previous owners name through a build sheet i found online through a tuner shop. I asked the shop to reach out to him so i could pick his brain on this beauty and get possibly a total build sheet, but to NO avail. So yes good luck in your search

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im in that boat as well. I bought my 19 GT almost 2 weeks ago. I got the deal of the decade, and actually did find out the previous owners name through a build sheet i found online through a tuner shop. I asked the shop to reach out to him so i could pick his brain on this beauty and get possibly a total build sheet, but to NO avail. So yes good luck in your search
I'm going to do some searching by using keywords to see if any thing comes up. If all fails, then ill get a car fax. But I'd really like to talk to the owner personally. Good luck

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I found my guy, repo'd and on probation for DUI. Not the sort of guy I'm going to call up out of the blue. The records are out there...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found my guy, repo'd and on probation for DUI. Not the sort of guy I'm going to call up out of the blue. The records are out there...
I found where the car was originally from and the dealer that supposedly did the work to it. Ran a free car care fax on it too. It looks like I also found one of the previous owners but he only had it for a few months it looks like. He also doesn't seem to know much about it either.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Is it possible that your questions cold be answered by a forum member with a similar set-up, or are they specific to your car?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Some of this sounds like a breach of privacy. Certain states have laws about this.

Something similar happened to me with a previous car I owned. Current owner did some
internet stalking and found me then constantly bugged me about stuff then started asking
me about my personal information. At that point I said F it and said your on your own.

If the situation happens again I'd block them without hesitation.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I see your point and hence the reason I did not use the information on the internet to contact them.

HOWEVER, if people feel the need to put their entire life on the internet then the expectation of privacy is fairly diminished.

I have zero FB, IG, Twitter or social media accounts.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible that your questions cold be answered by a forum member with a similar set-up, or are they specific to your car?
Its car specific, i just had some questions on things he could've done to the car. I've been searching and found some history on it that makes me feel a little better about the purchase. I've done this with multiple vehicles in the past where I have been able to track down some of the previous owners and ask them questions about them. I'm not looking to steal personal info at all. Knowing basic matainence history is very important to me. The dealership couldn't provide me with any of this onto so I have to take it upon myself to find out. Long story short, the car started to misfire the day after I bought it with codes p0300, p0316 and p115e. They said it was in the tuning so just to make sure I verified everything was good mechanically before getting my tune.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I will add this information and it is a bit off topic. If you trade a car into the dealership and it has an aftermarket tune, do you feel ethically bound to provide the hand held tuner that holds the stock tune?

I have read more than a couple posts where people have either traded a tuned car and not mentioned the tune or purchased and not have any idea about the aftermarket installed tune. In fact the dealer played stupid to the question in one thread when asked because the car was heavily modded and the buyer wanted to know. Mention was made in the same thread about the dealer playing stupid on one hand, but denying warranty work because they could see a tune on the other. It cant be both ways for the dealer, now that not the case in that scenario.

Personally I would remove the mods and return to factory tune, or be up front about the mods and include the tuner with the trade giving the next buyer the choice.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will add this information and it is a bit off topic. If you trade a car into the dealership and it has an aftermarket tune, do you feel ethically bound to provide the hand held tuner that holds the stock tune?

I have read more than a couple posts where people have either traded a tuned car and not mentioned the tune or purchased and not have any idea about the aftermarket installed tune. In fact the dealer played stupid to the question in one thread when asked because the car was heavily modded and the buyer wanted to know. Mention was made in the same thread about the dealer playing stupid on one hand, but denying warranty work because they could see a tune on the other. It cant be both ways for the dealer, now that not the case in that scenario.

Personally I would remove the mods and return to factory tune, or be up front about the mods and include the tuner with the trade giving the next buyer the choice.
I agree that when you trade in a car its probably best to return to stock. I found it odd that a car like this would be sold there but when I looked it over there wasn't any thing wrong with it. Compression showed 180 on all cylinders. Coils were fine, fuel was fine no vacuum leaks etc. Like most people on here I asked them several times for things like tuning devices and history records to no avail.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
You always run into surprises when buying a used sports car. Especially when buying a used 911 or something Italian. Most of the time you can be assured the cars have been beaten up pretty good, and maybe modded.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you trade a car into the dealership and it has an aftermarket tune, do you feel ethically bound to provide the hand held tuner that holds the stock tune?
I would (personally) as most devices are locked and married to the VIN. Mine is and no matter what I cant use it on another car.

In regards to buying a used performance vehicle, I feel everyone's pain. Thats why I ALWAYS buy performance cars new now and mod to my tastes. Theres so much BS out there and I personally don't want to deal with it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I'm
You always run into surprises when buying a used sports car. Especially when buying a used 911 or something Italian. Most of the time you can be assured the cars have been beaten up pretty good, and maybe modded.
[/ agreed, there are definitely risks associated with purchasing modded vehicles. However i have found it hard to find used mustangs that aren't modified or were once modified. Especially private owners.
Sponsored