Looking for Jack Rail Specs to machine myself

BonJayvi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a buddy in a machine shop with access to the materials and tools to make some custom jack rails. Anyone ever do this before and have the measurements? Basically need the length, width and hole cut out specs.
Sponsored

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
Aren't the ones supplied by the vendors here pretty competitive, and not pricey?
Vs. time, effort, and materials on making your own?
This is NOT a judgemental question Jason.
I don't know, just simply asking this question.
Please fill us in.

OP
OP
BonJayvi

BonJayvi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Aren't the ones supplied by the vendors here pretty competitive, and not pricey?
Vs. time, effort, and materials on making your own?
This is NOT a judgemental question Jason.
I don't know, just simply asking this question.
Please fill us in.
I agree with you. My problem is that I'm in Canada and our dollar is crap right now. then have to tag on shipping and duties. Really adds up quick. I can make a set for around $30 CAD here if I had the measurements. That's why I'm checking down this road first to see if anyone else has and experience doing it this way. Fair question though.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Check this out. Once you know the mounting points measuring it up shouldn’t be to difficult.
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/CJR002.pdf
FWIW, the measurements for the bolt holes aren't the same for both sides. Don't measure one side and fab up two rails based on that like I might do. ;)

I've seen some Steeda rails that have L shape extensions with the bolt holes overlapping and welded to a central boxed section. I really don't know anything about fabbing rails but if you plan to use boxed but not end to end, I think cutting two sides off the ends of a single boxed piece would be better. That way, less welding , plus the rail can rest against the car the full length to reduce body flex in addition to being places to jack the car

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
FWIW, the measurements for the bolt holes aren't the same for both sides. Don't measure one side and fab up two rails based on that like I might do. ;)

I've seen some Steeda rails that have L shape extensions with the bolt holes overlapping and welded to a central boxed section. I really don't know anything about fabbing rails but if you plan to use boxed but not end to end, I think cutting two sides off the ends of a single boxed piece would be better. That way, less welding , plus the rail can rest against the car the full length to reduce body flex in addition to being places to jack the car
upload_2019-9-16_19-9-56.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP