Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have searched and placed calls, but I can't quite nail down a couple of specific details on this.
  1. Are they the same length?
  2. Do they have the same splines (number and length) at the hub end?
  3. Is there a Ford GT350 axle and a Ford Performance GT350 axle?

Yes, I already know that the GT350 axle is rated for higher HP, and I've read that it fits the GT.
But specifically, does the GT axle fit the rear knuckle/hub of the 350?
(The GT350 hub is more outboard by 8mm over the GT setup, due to the different parking brake. This is the true reason for my post.)
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I think Magride cars are supposed to have GT350 half shafts - but I've never verified it though the P/Ns. Would be nice to know.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I think Magride cars are supposed to have GT350 half shafts - but I've never verified it though the P/Ns. Would be nice to know.
Good additional point, since my car IS magneride.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
There is no “rating” on GT/GT350 axles. If there was, it should be a torque rating, not HP as with ANY driveline component. There has been ZERO actual testing data that proves the GT350 axles can handle “X” amount more TQ than standard GT axles.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There is no “rating” on GT/GT350 axles. If there was, it should be a torque rating, not HP as with ANY driveline component. There has been ZERO actual testing data that proves the GT350 axles can handle “X” amount more TQ than standard GT axles.
It could probably be easily calculated, just need to measure them (if they're same material) - smallest torque carrying cross section basically (simplifying) - pretty simple calc.

Sponsored

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I recall reading somewhere that the 2019s with the 6sp manual have the same as the gt350 on the driver side .

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I recall reading somewhere that the 2019s with the 6sp manual have the same as the gt350 on the driver side .
I was just about to post also reading about this, but I didn’t know which side it was :like:

WD :like:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just buy the Ford Performance axles. You’ll never break them.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Well torque is just HP/RPM, so whatever. I was just using the product's marketing term.

Just buy the Ford Performance axles. You’ll never break them.
Right. Basically I'm trying to stretch out the purchase timeline of a GT350 brake upgrade by using my current axles to start with.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Right. Basically I'm trying to stretch out the purchase timeline of a GT350 brake upgrade by using my current axles to start with.
Unless you're doing hard launches (which I don't think you do), I would forget about upgrading axles. If you're worried about them, but a stock spare, if it fails, you can replace it in the paddock between sessions - but chances of failing one are slim IMO.

If they're solid and someone can measure diameter of each, with a material assumption that they're made of I can tell you how much torque each of them can carry in about 2 minutes btw. This has nothing to do with hp/rpm.

At work we make sure our shafts that carry way way way way more torque than these don't fail ever so I have some basic knowledge on this...

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Pass side it the same 350/GT.
GT350 drivers side debatable on whether it's stronger than the GT.

Funny story: I broke the outer CV on a DSS 800hp half shafts . BTW good luck getting a refund w/ them.

Put my stockers back in, still going strong.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The gt350 axles hold up about the same as the GT. A lot of guys but the gt350 thinking they are an upgrade because it says 350. They were not designed for launching and drag racing. the 350 is a road course car. if upgrading from stock i would go with either the DSS 2000hp or the gforce renegade or outlaw. save yourself the hassle and buy once!

and dont get the dss 800 hp axles used or if someone still has a pair new! they were discontinued for a reason! the cv bolts were prone to backing out. the new design dont have that issue.

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Driver side GT350 axle is the one you need if you’re putting the brake kit together in the rear if that’s what you’re looking for
FR3Z-4K139-H

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the informative responses about strength, guys.

But my questions are all related to fitment compatibility and not about performance, strength, or reliability. Thanks.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
But my questions are all related to fitment compatibility and not about performance, strength, or reliability. Thanks.
They fit just fine.
Sponsored