Sponsored

Liqui-Moly Engine Flush?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As I watched a few videos on Ceratec engine additive, they make mention of using the Liqui-Moly Engine Flush prior to draining your oil, to remove excess sludge and deposits. Then add new oil with Ceratec.

1. First, is it a requirement to do so when using Ceratec?

Liqui-Moly says you can use Ceratec every oil change.

2. So, if I do use Ceratec every oil change, am I required to use Engine Flush to prevent excessive Ceratec sludge from falling out and building up in the oil pan?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Don't put anything in your engine that has the word flush it in. If you must, I would run a cheap fill of conventional oil for a few minutes then drain that and re-fill with the normal oil.

And no it's not a requirement. Ceratec (or any other additives for that matter) simply enhance the current oil. Doing an oil change before adding the Ceratec is just as good as a flush. If you run good oil and change it often, you won't have sludge and deposits. And if you do, the absolute last thing you want to do is dislodge it all and have it block some oil passage.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm a bit confused why we are talking about sludge and flushing an engine when the OP has a 2018 Mustang.
Ceratec is a solid particle lubricant.

My concern, is if I use Ceratec every oil change, is there a possibility of fallout and buildup in the oil pan that could potentially cause problems over time?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There should be no reason at all for an oil additive in a new car.
I agree. There "should" be no reason. That is quite a magical and subjective word, isn't it?

However, tell that to thousands of people with the incredibly noisy typewriter tick, and no explanation from Ford as to what it is. Even after telling everyone it's normal.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Where is it documented that there are thousands with a noisy tick? Based on this site I would say in the tens have mentioned their engine makes noises, but I would like to hear a modern production engine that does not have its own quirky noises. Life is too short to worry about things like this (in my opinion a waste of time) Just forget about any ticks and drive and enjoy your car!
Sponsored