Sponsored

LIGHTNING BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I got mine form AM and not happy. Going to need to get new ones after this winter.
Did the finish come off? I fear this is one of those things that can only be installed once. Too many interactions with the wrench will strip the coating off.
Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Did the finish come off? I fear this is one of those things that can only be installed once. Too many interactions with the wrench will strip the coating off.
I put strips of painters tape on the inside of my socket and never use an impact. Been on and off numerous times and no damage to the finish.

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody here put a GT350 track pack spoiler on their car? Looks pretty good on other colors but wondering if it’ll be noticeable on Lightning blue.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Anybody here put a GT350 track pack spoiler on their car? Looks pretty good on other colors but wondering if it’ll be noticeable on Lightning blue.
well, the steeda is pretty similar, but I had it paint matched to the car. I really like it. I think black would look really good too.

37930928895_f3fd6c3e2c_b.jpg

38101091624_9fe6b4c9a0_b.jpg

24945166228_d4528731ca_b.jpg

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I have it stock black on mine and it looks fabulous

Sponsored

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I have the Steeda Q Series spoiler in black on mine and really like it! It’ll flow really well with any other black accents you have on your car. In my case I have a black roof, mirror caps, emblems, and black 6GRs. Without the other accents to tie it together I think it would look better body colored.
Q Series vs GT350 will come down to whether you have a spoiler delete car and also how comfortable you are drilling holes in your trunk. The GT350 spoiler will require drilling while the Q Series does not.
I’ll try to get some pictures posted.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I got mine form AM and not happy. Going to need to get new ones after this winter.
I run black Mcgard lugs on all of my cars and have been doing so for years. Best lugs I’ve ever used and never had any issues with the finish. They’re just about the most expensive lugs you can buy but they’re well worth it IMO.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a black GT spoiler on my car and it goes with with the black wheels and fender stripe I've got.

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, the steeda is pretty similar, but I had it paint matched to the car. I really like it. I think black would look really good too.

37930928895_f3fd6c3e2c_b.jpg

38101091624_9fe6b4c9a0_b.jpg

24945166228_d4528731ca_b.jpg
Looks great!!! Thanks for uploading pics. My car has the black accent package with the smaller black spoiler. I think this spoiler looks fantastic.

Jmart, based on what I’m reading because I have the stock spoiler already no driller should be required for the Gt350 spoiler. Appreciate the help guys!!

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Good looking car.. Can you share what springs and spacers you are running? Thanks!

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good looking car.. Can you share what springs and spacers you are running? Thanks!
Thanks! :cheers:

Steeda Ultralite Linears with their 1/4" rear spring spacer to raise the rear a 1/2 inch. To be honest if you're not looking for the firmer ride, the BMR sp080 springs sit pretty much the same as this setup.

running the CJPP no-name 25mm spacers with black lug nuts kit they had for 75 on BF pricing. No vibrations from them so they're a good value if they ever go back on sale.

Dave_6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB Mustang GT PP
Your car looks great Chad! I've got the SP080s ready to go on mine hopefully as soon as the weather decides to straighten up. Think I'm going to pick up a set of those same spacers and lugs too.

Does that Steeda spoiler just attach via tape or does it require drilling like the Track pack spoiler?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your car looks great Chad! I've got the SP080s ready to go on mine hopefully as soon as the weather decides to straighten up. Think I'm going to pick up a set of those same spacers and lugs too.

Does that Steeda spoiler just attach via tape or does it require drilling like the Track pack spoiler?
Thanks!

It's tape and some 3M adhesive glue stuff. It has a channel in the bottom of the spoiler next to the tape. You fill it with the included sealant/glue and press down/pull the tape. It's really solid. I've been told you can still remove it with fishing line, etc like a tape only spoiler though.

If you're going to stay with the PP wheels I really think the 23mm looks better on the rear. The tire pokes about a mm or two which kinda bugs me lol. The spacers were just a temporary thing for me though so I'm dealing with it until the wheels come in haha.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to stay with the PP wheels I really think the 23mm looks better on the rear. The tire pokes about a mm or two which kinda bugs me lol.
Both sides or just one side? I'm actually using a 23mm on one side and 25mm on the other because it was a little closer to the fender than I was comfortable with!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Something missing ......

Another SFLA sunny day & drive. I keep looking at her and I feel there is something missing. Ah ha just figured it out - lowered stance. :doh:
Gotta get rid of this wheel gap, damm its ugly.
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg
Sponsored