Sponsored

Less Common or Obscure Bolt ons

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Yeah not too sure I just recently started looking into it

Not sure on you current mods but Injen has a closed box intake that looks really worth trying as I just found out it has a restrictor you can cut out to run larger MAF

I read that you have to remove the bumper to install it. I don't think it would be worth it. If it was a simple bolt on, I might try it and measure the MAF readings to see if it's indeed getting more air.
Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is the type of response I was looking for. Not really an opinion of the value or worth of a given mod, but just what's out there for the Coyote. I think the electric water pump is a doable option, but it isn't very cheap. I'm undecided on its value at this time, though. I've done it before, but it was much cheaper back in the early 2000s for the LT1. It took me a while to find a reliable relay with my LT1, so I had to carry a pack of relays to replace when they blew while driving. Eventually I found a reliable relay that stopped giving me problems. I don't remember that brand of relay, so I'd be starting over.

I'm not really interested in FI. I don't take it to the drag strip so monumental amounts of torque aren't as usable on the street. Plus, I can piecemeal lower dollar mods over time coupled with reasonable weight reduction, and be pretty quick on the street when desired, esp. w/ the A10. Besides, many bolt-ons you can continue using w/ FI, if I ever decided to go that route.

Is it really worth 1 or 2 mph in the 1/4 mile? Do you have to remove the front fascia to install the big mouth mod?
FI are not useable on the street? You need to get that FI and find out how great it’s on every street! You’ll love it with that bad boy 10 spd.

OP
OP
Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
FI are not useable on the street? You need to get that FI and find out how great it’s on every street! You’ll love it with that bad boy 10 spd.
Haha, all I hear on here is everyone complaining (or, rather, mentioning) about how they can't get traction below 60 or 70 mph on the street with their Whipple charged Coyote. Not true?

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Haha, all I hear on here is everyone complaining (or, rather, mentioning) about how they can't get traction below 60 or 70 mph on the street with their Whipple charged Coyote. Not true?
My case is different I guess lol. I have some dr’s and a couple of bmr parts to control my tiny horsepower. My first gear hooks and I enjoy going 0-80 mph when I get the chance. Basically every time I take her out for a spin. I do watch my weather and get the car to normal operating temp before I go do my small fun runs.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My case is different I guess lol. I have some dr’s and a couple of bmr parts to control my tiny horsepower. My first gear hooks and I enjoy going 0-80 mph when I get the chance. Basically every time I take her out for a spin. I do watch my weather and get the car to normal operating temp before I go do my small fun runs.
Plus there are all different kinds of power delivery based on what FI route you go. But to this point good rubber and suspension are supporting mods to make power more usable.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Plus there are all different kinds of power delivery based on what FI route you go. But to this point good rubber and suspension are supporting mods to make power more usable.
Absolutely man. I think I’m done for awhile modding the car because of that. Power is useless if you can’t hook it. I might go E85 just for safety insurance though.

This car is hardly driven and that’s why I got them drag radials.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Absolutely man. I think I’m done for awhile modding the car because of that. Power is useless if you can’t hook it. I might go E85 just for safety insurance though.

This car is hardly driven and that’s why I got them drag radials.
That's why I like the 555r. Its technically a DR but can still handle in the rain with out being suicidal lol.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I read that you have to remove the bumper to install it. I don't think it would be worth it. If it was a simple bolt on, I might try it and measure the MAF readings to see if it's indeed getting more air.
It's worth it for blocking off the gap in the bumper and cold air feed, stopping the backwash coming from the radiator. It took my JLT equipped car from being a heat soaking SOB to very decent on IAT.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I have an obscure bolt-on.lol A couple of years ago I installed the Granatelli calibrated MAF sensor after installing the FR PowerPack 3. I've read the reviews and they're hit or miss for people as far as performance gains. For me, I felt a little bit better throttle response throughout the RPM range and that's about it. For the money it costs, I don't think its a worth while mod as far as performance gains, but hey, I got it as a Christmas present.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Was that all cause of the velossa tech or also because of the added foam strip on the heat shielding?

Also, do you think there’s any benefit to a velossa tech on a completely stock car?

It's worth it for blocking off the gap in the bumper and cold air feed, stopping the backwash coming from the radiator. It took my JLT equipped car from being a heat soaking SOB to very decent on IAT.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
There is a little thing who could give you some small extra Hp.
a thiner oil like the OW.
I also use MOTORKOTE which is probably one of the best friction reducer outthere.(superior to ceratec )
Ow40 Engine oil (what i use) with motorkote
And motorkote to diff.
If you have a manual you could add it to the trans too for protection
I track my car
So i reduced weight
Lighter wheel 19x11 are 11lbs min lighter. With a 305mm you still 5lbs lighter per wheel
Rotor
Girodisc are 11 lbs lighter each
Rear rotors. Steeda has an option 2 lbs lighter but there is another option 6 lbs lighter. (Check opmustang.com for a group buy)
Carbonfiber drive shaft is about 11lbs lighter. (Still don't have it. )
Rear seat delete save 37.5lbs.
Pass seat 50

Another way to reduce drag is with aero stuff
A hood vent helps for downforce reducing lifting and alao with cooling
A rear diffuser helps to limit the parachutes effect of our bumper.
Hope this help

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Tracking the car is definitely a different setup and removing everything make sense. I think the OP is a street guy myself and doing just some bol ons and reducing weights to see the FI cars tail lights a little closer.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That's why I like the 555r. Its technically a DR but can still handle in the rain with out being suicidal lol.
Triple 5 r’s are definitely alright with flooded roads from my experience as well.

ETAGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Weight is the biggest thing,
I run a MMR light weight water pump pulley (don't see many people mentioning) and soon adding Steeda light weight Idler and Tensioner pulleys (fathers day coming up). I've always been a fan of light weight pulleys with good results
Now that I'm down 1 kid in school I'm contemplating a back seat delete
There is always self improvement, I've dropped 60lbs off my body started Jan 2nd (Keto/OMAD), between that and a cat back that's 100lbs
You can run more air in your tires less rolling resistance

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I second this. Taking the bumper off is really easy as well.
Sponsored