Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's more important that it has usable horsepower than to just hit a number for marketing purposes.
Not really true in my opinion. Burnouts and HP bragging are big parts of the use case for this car AFAIK.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Not really true in my opinion. Burnouts and HP bragging are big parts of the use case for this car AFAIK.
why wouldn't the extra power be useful on a drag strip? this car sounds like it's going to be multi purpose. more power and drag settings will be more useful than less power.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Not really. The younger crowd just see the big numbers.
Im not sure I’d agree. The older crowd loves big horse power numbers. The younger crowd will just watch the videos and read the review and then rave or complain!! I’m very disappointed no DCT. I thought that was a big opportunity to gain market share and separate it from the others

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They're definitely not the best pictures, but I can't say I'm in love with the front fascia. To me portions of it are a little too angular and don't flow with the rest of the body design like the 350 snout does. At least from the angles shown.

Oh well, no matter, since this monster will be priced well beyond this mere mortal's means. Add on the inevitable ADMs, and even more so.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Folks, to confirm what I was told yesterday, I called again to make sure I heard it right. I did. We are looking at high 700 HP range and the reason it is not settled yet is that they are tweaking it. I'm thinking this is the reason for the delay.

I specifically asked about the transmission and asked if he meant to day DCT, and I was told exactly what I was told yesterday. Base for the car will be manual with an optional 10 speed automatic.

It would be nice to hear someone else come forward and confirm that information, but I'm afraid that we are going to have to wait for Ford to release something concrete.

I am passing along what I was told. Treat it as rumor until it is confirmed. Me, personally, am happy to hear about the higher horsepower and the choice of transmissions. I believe my source based upon knowing this person for quite some time. What I don't know is of greatest concern..... the vehicle weight. This last piece of information is of primary concern. To be a home run, it will all have to fall in line.

Sponsored

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
Blech...but it matters not what I think, they'll sell every one they make.
Yes, they will. And initial ones - if not every one - will include the lovely 'market adjustment' by the stealerships with willing buyers in line to fork it over.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
@Twin Turbo @2morrow compared with the Saleen front bumper, which do you all prefer? Both seem to have the improved lower intakes which I hope like heck Ford utilized for cooling this beast.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Folks, to confirm what I was told yesterday, I called again to make sure I heard it right. I did. We are looking at high 700 HP range and the reason it is not settled yet is that they are tweaking it. I'm thinking this is the reason for the delay.

I specifically asked about the transmission and asked if he meant to day DCT, and I was told exactly what I was told yesterday. Base for the car will be manual with an optional 10 speed automatic.

It would be nice to hear someone else come forward and confirm that information, but I'm afraid that we are going to have to wait for Ford to release something concrete.

I am passing along what I was told. Treat it as rumor until it is confirmed. Me, personally, am happy to hear about the higher horsepower and the choice of transmissions. I believe my source based upon knowing this person for quite some time. What I don't know is of greatest concern..... the vehicle weight. This last piece of information is of primary concern. To be a home run, it will all have to fall in line.
Unless a total about-face has been done in the last few months, it's not the 10 speed auto. There are people who've driven a DCT prototype. Doing a change of that magnitude this late in the game would cause major delays. All that said, it could be that the DCT didn't hack it for durability and at near required power levels and a quick reverse course to go to the 10R80 was made. If that's true, the calibration and certification engineers are BUSY.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
@Twin Turbo @2morrow compared with the Saleen front bumper, which do you all prefer? Both seem to have the improved lower intakes which I hope like heck Ford utilized for cooling this beast.
The '18 Saleen S302 White/Red Label is still my favourite S550 front end, followed by the '18 Shelby Super Snake....
2018 Saleen Red 9.jpg
2018 Super Snake OF 2.jpg

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unless a total about-face has been done in the last few months, it's not the 10 speed auto. There are people who've driven a DCT prototype. Doing a change of that magnitude this late in the game would cause major delays. All that said, it could be that the DCT didn't hack it for durability and at near required power levels and a quick reverse course to go to the 10R80 was made. If that's true, the calibration and certification engineers are BUSY.
I hope my source is wrong.
Sponsored