Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Point is...the GT4 cars don't "come from Ford with a cage in them." Watson does that for Ford. Post paint, the FP350S and the GT4 are handled differently. One is built/finished at Watson and the other by Multimatic.
Sponsored

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Point is...the GT4 cars don't "come from Ford with a cage in them." Watson does that for Ford. Post paint, the FP350S and the GT4 are handled differently. One is built/finished at Watson and the other by Multimatic.
Correct.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
None of that^ was in question.
What is... was, is what series will the GT500 be in..?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. Your comments were indeed in question and were corrected.

Again, go ahead and explain what form of "GT500" would be in any sanctioned road racing series and what engine configuration would power it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Again, go ahead and explain what form of "GT500" would be in any sanctioned road racing series and what engine configuration would power it.
He's grasping at straws now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Why not find some other place to bicker. Start a new thread or something. Geesh.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Right, you believe Ford Performance has no plans on racing their halo street car...? And will not partake in motorsports.

ok, why not..?

I have already stated why it could show up in a motor sports series (explaining that the GT350 in motorsports, is just marketing. Hence just a shell) so why wouldn't Ford do the same for the GT500..?

Does GT500 need a supercharger to be considered (marketed as/homologated) as a GT500 for race series..?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Any new photos of this new GT500 yet??

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
I'm not an expert in ALL road racing series but I don't think there is a "run what ya brung" racing series that will allow for the likes of a GT500 to directly complete with the likes of the ZL1 1LE and such cars, I'm not even sure if there is a racing series that allows for a supercharged engine to complete in due to so many variances thus causing an "unfair advantage" for the non supercharged manufactures, Ford may "Brand" a particular race car in a certain race series as a "GT500" but I feel it will be FAR from a standard road going supercharged model. Nascar will be racing a "Mustang" but not a coyote powered version...JMHO...I am NOT trying to stir the pot.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You pretty much nailed it loubif.
Sponsored