Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Would their be anyway to calibrate this tune in collaboration with bolt ons? Or is it best to think of this as a canned tune with no method of adjusting for other modifications. I like the idea of keeping the warranty alot, but I have every intention of going FBO. Not to mention this kit doesn't include an intercooler which you would obviously need to run a tune like this. I mean hell the stock tune can do enough work to make the intercooler inadequate. For me it's go big or go home so if this tune isn't adjustable I'm gonna go tune+ like I was already planning on.
It's not adjustable, that's kind of the whole point. It works with whatever parts they release it with. Now does that mean you can't go FBO? No, u can but you won't get full Benefeit like u would with tune +. I think this tune is only, I repeat only for people who want a warranty or are too scared to get pro tuned. Otherwise, what's the point?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Would their be anyway to calibrate this tune in collaboration with bolt ons? Or is it best to think of this as a canned tune with no method of adjusting for other modifications. I like the idea of keeping the warranty alot, but I have every intention of going FBO. Not to mention this kit doesn't include an intercooler which you would obviously need to run a tune like this. I mean hell the stock tune can do enough work to make the intercooler inadequate. For me it's go big or go home so if this tune isn't adjustable I'm gonna go tune+ like I was already planning on.
Go Tune+ then because this is going to be a canned tune.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
  • Peak gains of 30hp and 70lbs/ft at ~5500rpm
  • 40hp and 60lbs/ft average gain from 2500-5000rpm
  • 75hp and 64lbs/ft average gain from 5500-6800rpm
  • 100hp maximum gain at ~6000rpm
Look about right -- https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4
That's a lot more power up top which is what it needs. A 350-400HP eco at the crank is deadly and I would gladly pay 700-1000 for it. Dealer installed? Is that 2 hours of labor?
I'm in for this... stock intercooler and all!

Although, it will be interesting to see if they will "look" for my unleashed tune. Actually, I'd like to know how this ford tune compares. Not sure I ever knew how much gained from the unleashed tune (maybe he said... can't remember reading it).

Thanks for posting...

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Does no one else not see a weird thing with 100 hp at 6000? How is it more than peak? lol, they are saying 420 hp at 6000 rpm? Makes no sense

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Although, it will be interesting to see if they will "look" for my unleashed tune. Actually, I'd like to know how this ford tune compares. Not sure I ever knew how much gained from the unleashed tune (maybe he said... can't remember reading it).

Thanks for posting...
He advertises it on his website, I think it's around the same

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Thanks for posting...
Or u used to have it on there

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
*he

*he

Bennington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot ecoboost
Does no one else not see a weird thing with 100 hp at 6000? How is it more than peak? lol, they are saying 420 hp at 6000 rpm? Makes no sense
I haven't looked at a stock EB dyno in a while, but it's because at 6k on the stock tune it's well past its power peak and power is dropping off a cliff. So it's easy to show a huge gain there. Peak to peak is where you can total power gains against each tune.

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I haven't looked at a stock EB dyno in a while, but it's because at 6k on the stock tune it's well past its power peak and power is dropping off a cliff. So it's easy to show a huge gain there. Peak to peak is where you can total power gains against each tune.
Yea but peak is the top or most correct? So if peak is 30/70 how can you get more? Isn't that what peak means? The most?

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Again I ask not to patronize, but to actually understand

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost