KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I personally bought Bilstein B16, but haven't installed them yet. Will do over next couple of weeks, but the price to performance ratio for them seems pretty good and they're adjustable for compression/damping. The reviews seem good. You can get them for around $1600.
The B16 is a good option as well. I think the KW just has more to offer, and I guess you get what you pay for in a sense... Going stage 2 whipple, so maybe I should spend the pretty penny for a nice kit.
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, certainly understand that. The KW is double the price, so it better be good. Not sure if you'll need all the adjustability that it offers though. The simple combined "compression/rebound" adjustability on the Bilsteins is probably better for me since I'm not all that versed in suspension adjustments anyway. I could never properly adjust the compression and rebound on my motorcycle back in the day. Too many adjustments complicate things for me.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The B16 is a good option as well. I think the KW just has more to offer, and I guess you get what you pay for in a sense... Going stage 2 whipple, so maybe I should spend the pretty penny for a nice kit.
I would not put my hopes high with the KW v3 (progressive springs). I know a guy that have KW v3 on his E46 M3 race car and he is not happy with them as they are soft according to him. I did a lot of research on coilovers and KW v3 is not the best option at least not for me. But good luck with your purchase.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would not put my hopes high with the KW v3 (progressive springs). I know a guy that have KW v3 on his E46 M3 race car and he is not happy with them as they are soft according to him. I did a lot of research on coilovers and KW v3 is not the best option at least not for me. But good luck with your purchase.

Far from the best option. There’s kits out there that are 5k+.. I’m just trying to have a kit that can do what I need it to do without it breaking on me.. Still considering the B16 because it’s cheaper.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I had a set of KW’s on a SRT-4 I used to own. Completely transformed the car.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
KW, Fortune Auto and Ridtechs are solid choices for middle of the ground coils.

The only "cheap' coils I would ever go with are the H&Rs.

I would stay far, far away from BC, Steeda or other $500 crapola coils unless the only thing you do with the car is go to car shows then park it in the garage. For that, they will do. For any sort of performance or street driving you will hate your life on those.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
KW, Fortune Auto and Ridtechs are solid choices for middle of the ground coils.

The only "cheap' coils I would ever go with are the H&Rs.

I would stay far, far away from BC, Steeda or other $500 crapola coils unless the only thing you do with the car is go to car shows then park it in the garage. For that, they will do. For any sort of performance or street driving you will hate your life on those.
Gotcha

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Far from the best option. There’s kits out there that are 5k+.. I’m just trying to have a kit that can do what I need it to do without it breaking on me.. Still considering the B16 because it’s cheaper.
In the KW v3 price range you have: Ohlins, JRZ, MCS all of which are monotube linear springs that are better options. Steeda uses MCS on 20 race car for example. H&R is a great budget option if you are looking for good coilovers for not a lot of money. I'm sharing just because I'm in the same spot as you looking for a good cheap option that will transform my car. Hope this helps.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Is there some way to upgrade the KW setup from V1 to V3 specs? My Roush came with the single adjustables and I would like valving adjustment without having to buy a complete kit if possible.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll have to call KW but it should be straight forward. Fortune Auto will do it. But their Pro-2way won't be ready till Fall 2021 after they do the R&D on my car.

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm working with Fortune Auto to donate my car for R&D for a Pro-2way application (remote reservoir) and also valving for more "sensible" spring rates like 6kg/mm and 18kg/mm (vs 10/12) and 0.5" minimum drop instead of 1"-3".

crossing-fingers.

The "problem" with Bilstein's 1-way adjust is " adjusting rebound and compression at the same time". Basically you're changing the bleed orifice but there is no check-valve to bias it just/mostly one way.
Did you upgrade your fortune autos to the swift springs or did you stay with the stock springs? I'm considering the fortune auto 500s on my car but wanted to know if the extra money for the swift springs is worth it or if I'll be ok with the stock springs.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you upgrade your fortune autos to the swift springs or did you stay with the stock springs? I'm considering the fortune auto 500s on my car but wanted to know if the extra money for the swift springs is worth it or if I'll be ok with the stock springs.
the default spring choice is wildly wrong IMO. The 3-way adjustable (520-series?) will be sprung and valved for 250-350/1000 range and built with the longer shaft so stock ride height is attainable. I'm also going to work with them to use Vorschlag camber plates instead of the sorry excuse they currently use.
Sponsored