You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any information for me regarding how much preload I need to set the fronts to? I used Roush's directions and set the back to 5/8" but there is no mention of what to set the front to :shrug:

Any help will be much appreciated
Sponsored

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
You can adjust preload on those? I'd be surprised as most coilovers do not offer preload adjustment.... only ride height adjustment.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can adjust preload on those? I'd be surprised as most coilovers do not offer preload adjustment.... only ride height adjustment.

Putting tension on the spring with the spanner nut is essentially applying preload. I have to have a starting point when I assemble the struts and springs and this is the information I am in search of.

I called Roush today and the person who answered the phone was nice enough to go out to the shop and take a measurement for me. He gave me 1.25" from the bottom of the spanner nut to the last thread so this is where I am going to start. If anyone else has any better information I would appreciate it :cheers:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you I didnt get the separate adjustment manual in my kit. Still doesn't give me a starting height setting but vey nice to have nonetheless.

Sponsored

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
I guess the installation manual gives you available technical data as well as the range of adjustability - but right, no starting height setting is given as far as I can see. Probably the highest possible point of adjustment comes closest to OEM height?

You could mail to [email protected] and ask your question.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well the good thing is no matter where I start for preload it's fairly easy to change it after it hits the ground. All I need to do is pull off the wheel and go what ever direction it needs so the starting point isn't as important as the back. To adjust the rear height the subframe needs to be lowered to release tension on the adjuster otherwise it will just spin in place when the spanner nut gets turned. Very happy to have Roush's setting for this and have seen this height in pictures. I'll find out hopefully today when I get the install finished.

Keza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well the good thing is no matter where I start for preload it's fairly easy to change it after it hits the ground. All I need to do is pull off the wheel and go what ever direction it needs so the starting point isn't as important as the back. To adjust the rear height the subframe needs to be lowered to release tension on the adjuster otherwise it will just spin in place when the spanner nut gets turned. Very happy to have Roush's setting for this and have seen this height in pictures. I'll find out hopefully today when I get the install finished.
Did you ever figure it out? I'm installing my V3's over the weekend.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Keza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Figure what out exactly?
the preload! I was going to install the top hats by lowering the preload so I don't need to use a spring compressor and set it back up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the measurements I got from Roush. I also switched to Airlift shortly after this and never looked back. Well, until I parted out the car and sold it to a dealer that I ordered my GT500 at lol. I did however like the coil overs while I had them.

Keza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went with the measurements I got from Roush. I also switched to Airlift shortly after this and never looked back. Well, until I parted out the car and sold it to a dealer that I ordered my GT500 at lol. I did however like the coil overs while I had them.
okay cool! One day I'd like to own a Shelby but that'll be years from now! Congratulations man :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
okay cool! One day I'd like to own a Shelby but that'll be years from now! Congratulations man :)
Thank you very much. It’s been a long time coming for me. I’d say about 16 mustangs before I got a Shelby.

Keza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you very much. It’s been a long time coming for me. I’d say about 16 mustangs before I got a Shelby.
Haha in that case I got 14 mustangs more to go! My first car was a v6 mustang auto haha went through an import phase and now I'm back into domestics :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha in that case I got 14 mustangs more to go! My first car was a v6 mustang auto haha went through an import phase and now I'm back into domestics :)
We all start somewhere. Enjoy the ride Kevin, it’ll happen eventually :like:
Sponsored