Sponsored

Ridetech Level 2 HQ or KW V3 coilovers?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey everyone! I've been thinking about picking up some coilovers lately, and I think I've narrowed it down to these two choices (Ridetech Level 2 HQ and KW V3). I've seen a lot of positive feedback on the Ridetechs, but I haven't seen much feedback at all on the KW V3s. Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between the two? They're both in the same price range, but the KWs allow independent tuning of compression and rebound, though the downside is it looks like the front springs have to be compressed and mounted to the perch, which makes installation a tad bit more difficult (I will be doing the installation myself, as I did for all my other mods). My car is a weekend car with the occasional HPDE. I currently have BMR sway bars, Eibach Sportlines, and Ford Racing dampers.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I’ve had the Ridetechs for quite some time. I’m basically 2 miles from them and served as an early R&D car for some other stuff. I liked them initially because they create another mounting point for the rears. They are a huge improvement over the original PP stuff both stock and with lowering springs (which actually made it worse). They’re good people and good to work with. Josh used to keep a presence here and would answer questions. He specializes in the Mustang stuff and can answer any questions you may have

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Didnt want to start another thread on this same topic but do any others have input on the KW V3s for s550? I have a 16 mustang gt with a P1X non-PP, and the stock suspension is kinda sketchy at speeds on a drag run but would also like it to handle well on street and canyons.
Have been considering the KW V3s and the Ride tech's HQ in the $2500 range.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine races in NASA TT3 with his S197 with KW V3 suspension. He has no complaints.

My only gripe with the KW's is that they use progressive springs rather than linear.

I know they are more expensive but I would recommend looking into JRI or MCS coilovers.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
I looked at JRI but unfortunately, price dictates to a degree and with other supporting mods im going to add at the same time for IRS, bumpsteer, etc, i focused on these coilovers.

I am slightly hesitant on the KW V3s for the progressive springs on them but since they are paired and from KW i know they make good stuff.
Almost feels like splitting hairs but was curious on others opinions between them.

Never ridden in a ridetech car but there million mile warranty and linear springs seem enticing.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ohlins are same price range as ridetech and KW but are mono-tube using a proprietary DFV technology also they are inverted front which is also cool. The DFV technology make them very soft on street but very good on the road course as well. It's a neat stuff and I don't think there is Coilover package in that price range that is better than the Ohlins in terms of technology. I'm actually planning to get a set of them for my car before September season start.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
IMO, go with the KWs. They ride amazing and I much prefer the OEM setup with the divorced spring vs. going true coilover in the back without completely reinforcing the shock mount. Even with a billet shock mount, not too comfortable trusting the stock sheet metal to handle those kinda forces that it was never designed to.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
IMO, go with the KWs. They ride amazing and I much prefer the OEM setup with the divorced spring vs. going true coilover in the back without completely reinforcing the shock mount. Even with a billet shock mount, not too comfortable trusting the stock sheet metal to handle those kinda forces that it was never designed to.
I agree especially with some posts I've seen on breaking the rear mount. Main reason why if i do go this route, the BMR rear shock mount and rear tower brace are on the list as well.
I wish they didnt lower it the 1in drop they did but they shouldnt bottom out too hard i would think

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not too comfortable trusting the stock sheet metal to handle those kinda forces that it was never designed to.
so use a divorced spring and run the RideTech shock naked.
Sponsored