Koni is here!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
So I set them at full stiff - 1/4 turn and the car felt really planted... however that setting was a bit too stiff for daily driving in the city and potholes and whatnot.

I am now running full soft + 1/4 turn and now the ride quality is amazing for daily driving. It is "floatier" than the stiffer settings, but the car still handles flawlessly. The compression valving seems to be very well matched to my Vagtland Sport spring rates. (Front: 185-275 lb/in. Rear: 800-880 lb/in.)

Similar to the Eibach Pro-Kit(Front: 200-314 lb/in. Rear: 800-914 lb/in.) that is recommended for the kit.

I will probably go to a new spring setup in the near future to see if handling improves as this will be a DD/occasional track car and will progress to a track car later down the road.

My recommendation so far is soft to middle for daily driving on harsher roads and middle to stiff until properly dampened for highway/track. Full stiff may have too much damping depending on your spring rate. This is good as it seems like they can dampen some higher spring rates as well.

*Spring rates per American Muscle*
I know what you mean, I've gone through the whole range and liked them 1/2 turn off stiff but like you said, it was a bit rough on some of the bad roads. I currently have them 1/2 turn off loose and amazed how well they still dampen. I'm really impressed with the adjustment range.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Let me first just say I HAVE taken the time to read this entire thread.

With that being said, I still am unclear as to which vendor I should contact for the best deal or more importantly which vendor will have the ability to get them to me in a timely manner...

Somebody please take my money, I'm feeling spendy and have been ready to buy a full set of koni's since the first day I drove the car and felt that rear performance pack bounce. NEEDS MORE SHOCK!

Still can't decide wether to pair them up with pro kit or sportline though. I wish these koni struts were like the old ones for a lot of the import cars with an adjustable perch so that you can still come down an additional 1/4" - 1/2". Of course that isn't possible for the rear...

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Where are you guys buying konis from? Tire rack is always back ordered.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I bought my Konis from Steeda and they've been on my car for a while now. Since they are brand new, there is probably a bit of back order everywhere. I chose Steeda because I like doing business with them and I know if there were any problems or if I needed help, Steeda would be there. Can you imagine calling a large discount supplier asking for help or clarification on something?

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I bought my Konis from Steeda and they've been on my car for a while now. Since they are brand new, there is probably a bit of back order everywhere. I chose Steeda because I like doing business with them and I know if there were any problems or if I needed help, Steeda would be there. Can you imagine calling a large discount supplier asking for help or clarification on something?
I bought mine from [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] too. Same reasons mentioned above by Joe. They had a great price and David's forum presence is amazing. Always answering questions and PMs.

I have not received mine yet but I am pretty sure I am next in line for my order to ship.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agree. Calling them never a long wait on hold, very good webpage, tracking #s immediately, communication is top notch, I had an instance where a refund was in order and it was done without question. I am very impressed with this company. :cheers:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Where are you guys buying konis from? Tire rack is always back ordered.
Because Koni is out of them - everybody at this point is backordered because Koni NA is waiting for inventory to arrive from wherever they're manufacturing them.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Mine have been ordered for more than 2 months, probably going to be another 2 before I see them :( Koni is always like this. They meet demand right before the damn model changes and then it's back to square one. Except Koni dragged their ass on this one. Almost 2 years the car has been on the street and they JUST started releasing them. They have a stellar product, that's why people are willing to wait obscene times.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I think it was about 2 months ago when I ordered mine from Moddiction. No word yet.

Sponsored

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I ordered from Brothers Performance. Not sure if they have any in stock though.

[MENTION=12799]Toofarfromjune[/MENTION]

It is recommended to go with the Pro-kit because the max suggested drop is 1.5 inches. The Sportlines should still work, but if you hit a bad enough bump, you may damage the shock.

Also, I am speaking with vendors about a coilover kit for the S550 Koni. They should be rapping up design this month, and hopefully release a kit around June.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
LMAO, I didn't spend much more and bought them from Steeda which is a supporting vendor of the forum and a leading developer/vendor for Mustang parts and actively supports our community. You get what you pay for. If you need help or have questions later, do you think those other vendors can/will help? David@Steeda has always been there for me whenever I had a question, needed advice or help. To me, that is worth the very little extra money.

As a result, they are already on my car! :thumbsup:
I bought mine from [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] too. Same reasons mentioned above by Joe. They had a great price and David's forum presence is amazing. Always answering questions and PMs.

I have not received mine yet but I am pretty sure I am next in line for my order to ship.
I agree. Calling them never a long wait on hold, very good webpage, tracking #s immediately, communication is top notch, I had an instance where a refund was in order and it was done without question. I am very impressed with this company. :cheers:
:D :cheers:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
david@steeda any idea when the Koni's will be in stock? Im getting antsy to lower my car

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
david@steeda any idea when the Koni's will be in stock? Im getting antsy to lower my car
The Koni's do not lower the car. To lower the car you would need a lowering spring. I would recommend combining Koni's with a set of Steeda linears.
Sponsored