Sponsored

Key fob/door locking

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Steve - this happened to me too! It was early in the morning, and I wanted to warm the car up. I went outside, started the car, left the key inside the car ( so that the horn wouldn't beep twice when closing the door and wake up the neighbors ), closed the door, and the car locked immediately.

This wouldn't have been so bad, but I unfortunately locked the house door by accident, and the house key was on the ring with the locked-in-the-car fob, and had to break into a side window to get back in the house and get the other fob.

At least the car was warm after this adventure......

I experimented yesterday. I sat in my car after I had shut it off. After several minutes the car locked itself even with the FOB sitting in the cup holder.
Did you open the door and close it again after you shut it off? It may be normal behavior for the car to lock itself after a few minutes if the fob is in the car with no door activity. I think the real test would be to shut off the car, open then close the door ( as if you're getting out of the car ), then sit there and see if the car locks itself then.

I now leave the door cracked and take the fob with me when warming up the car -- no early morning horn beeps, and no lockouts!
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I experimented yesterday. I sat in my car after I had shut it off. After several minutes the car locked itself even with the FOB sitting in the cup holder.
The system knows you are in the car because your weight closes a switch. Try the same thing when not sitting in the car.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Did you get this from the manual? If so, this doesn't work on mine. I never locked the passenger's door after I set the fob inside. I just shut the door and walked around to the drivers door. When I get home today, I'll try some tests to see what happens and I'll let you guys know what I find.
yes, I googled 2015 Mustang GT manual and there was a PDF download

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
wt4EBtV.png

8vthJX9.png

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Unless your house keys are hooked on to your car keys and you've already locked your house.

you don't have one of these? this is the best invention EVER! I can lock/unlock my door from anywhere in the world with a cellphone of computer that has internet access and punch in a code to unlock the door at the lock itself.
61LKWtd12UL__SL1000_.jpg

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Sounds like someone will have to spend sometime understanding what to do and what not to do with this feature.

you don't have one of these? this is the best invention EVER! I can lock/unlock my door from anywhere in the world with a cellphone of computer that has internet access and punch in a code to unlock the door at the lock itself.
That's a cool gadget, link to this please as I would like to see if this is available in the UK.
Sponsored