Key fob/door locking

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
Anyone else lock their keys in the car? I thought the doors would not lock if the fob was inside the car, well, I was wrong. I got ready to leave work yesterday for a dentist apt, opened the trunk, put my computer in and shut it. Opened the passenger's door, sat my phones on the floor and put the key fob in the cup holder, shut the door. Went to the drivers door and BAM!!!! It's locked. I was almost positive I read somewhere that you couldn't lock the doors if the fob was in the car....damn it, must have been dreaming!! :doh:
Sponsored

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
How does the door lock once you close your door? Is that a feature you enabled?

OP
OP

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
If I did, I sure as heck don't know how I did it. I've owned the car since late November '14 and haven't really messed with a lot of things you can change. I did play with the driving modes, but not much else.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I hope that you just have a ghost in your car because I could have sworn that is not supposed to happen. I do the same as you and leave the key fob in side the car at times.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Not that this helps but there is no reason to ever take the fob out of your pocket when you are using the car. That is one of the best features of the past two cars I have had. Now if I could install intelligent access on my house I would never take the fob out of my picket.

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Smart Unlocks

This feature helps to prevent you from unintentionally locking your intelligent access key inside your vehicle’s passenger compartment or luggage compartment. When you electronically lock your vehicle (with any door open, vehicle in park and ignition off), your vehicle searches for an intelligent access key in the passenger compartment after you close the last door. If your vehicle finds a key, all of the doors immediately unlock and the horn sounds twice, indicating that a key is inside.

You can override the smart unlock feature and intentionally lock the intelligent access key inside your vehicle. To do this, lock your vehicle after you have closed all the doors
by:

• Using the keyless entry keypad.
• Pressing the lock button on another
intelligent access key.
• Touching the locking area on the handle with another intelligent access key in your hand. When you open one of the front doors and lock your vehicle using the power door lock control, all doors lock then unlock if:
• The ignition is on.
• The ignition is off and your vehicle is not in P.

I have locked my keys in my car twice and each time the car open for me. Once by mistake and the other I bet my wife and she lost… nobber that night

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Not that this helps but there is no reason to ever take the fob out of your pocket when you are using the car. That is one of the best features of the past two cars I have had. Now if I could install intelligent access on my house I would never take the fob out of my picket.
I leave mine in in the cup holder when I'm washing and detailing it. If I don't I occasionally set off the alarm; it becomes very annoying.

OP
OP

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
Smart Unlocks

This feature helps to prevent you from unintentionally locking your intelligent access key inside your vehicle’s passenger compartment or luggage compartment. When you electronically lock your vehicle (with any door open, vehicle in park and ignition off), your vehicle searches for an intelligent access key in the passenger compartment after you close the last door. If your vehicle finds a key, all of the doors immediately unlock and the horn sounds twice, indicating that a key is inside.

You can override the smart unlock feature and intentionally lock the intelligent access key inside your vehicle. To do this, lock your vehicle after you have closed all the doors
by:

• Using the keyless entry keypad.
• Pressing the lock button on another
intelligent access key.
• Touching the locking area on the handle with another intelligent access key in your hand. When you open one of the front doors and lock your vehicle using the power door lock control, all doors lock then unlock if:
• The ignition is on.
• The ignition is off and your vehicle is not in P.

I have locked my keys in my car twice and each time the car open for me. Once by mistake and the other I bet my wife and she lost… nobber that night
Did you get this from the manual? If so, this doesn't work on mine. I never locked the passenger's door after I set the fob inside. I just shut the door and walked around to the drivers door. When I get home today, I'll try some tests to see what happens and I'll let you guys know what I find.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
:cheers:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i remember something in the menus that specified smart unlocks

Sponsored

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
It happened at the dealership when I went to go look at the one on the lot, so that's how I knew that would happen. It would be great if it can be disabled. I will try the above directions this evening.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
you can intentionally lock by touching over the top part of the door handle.

I've tested this by sitting inside the car and locking it with the door...the car immediately unlocks.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I leave mine in in the cup holder when I'm washing and detailing it. If I don't I occasionally set off the alarm; it becomes very annoying.
The Mustang is the second Ford with intelligent access I have had. I tend to lock and unlock the doors as I wash the car but the fob stats in my pocket.

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
I asked about this a couple of weeks ago because as I wash my car, my key fob usually stays in my pocket but the door locking/unlocking was driving me nuts as I washed. Some members said they leave their key fob in the car and it never locks. So far this has been true but something strange and somewhat unrelated to locking keys in the car, happened. I was detailing the inside of my car and had the drivers door open because I wanted to engage the electronics to roll down the windows. I wasn't sitting in the car but when I pushed the start button, the display said there was no key detected. So I sat in the drivers seat, tried again, and it worked. So when I wash, I just toss the keys on the drivers seat. Now I'm a little worried about doing this anymore.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
So when I wash, I just toss the keys on the drivers seat. Now I'm a little worried about doing this anymore.
I've washed twice a week, every week, since I took delivery and every time the fob was in the car.
Sponsored