K1268 checking in

deriiian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Acadia, 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
My Bullitt is home and I just want to give a first impression mostly comparing it to my former Ecoboost. I apologise if it's a little long-winded but I like to be thorough.

Exterior
First off in sunlight this is the most beautiful shade of green I've ever seen, like many have said pictures and videos do not do it any justice they tend to make it look more like a teal while in person the only color that comes to mind is emerald, it looks like a metallic gem on wheels.

Interior
I have never really been a fan of black interiors and I will admit some bias being that green is my favorite color but the subtle green stiching is enough to make me love it. Compared to my Ecoboost which was a Premium with Premier trim these seats in the Bullitt are more comfortable and the headrests are a lot softer, it made 18hrs of driving feel like a walk in the park. But it could also be 3 years of wear in my Eco that makes the Bullitt feel better or possibly the fact that my cooled seats actually work now both on the bum and the back lol. Beyond that the digital dash is a cool upgrade, B&O is a definite step up from the Shaker unit, the aluminum trim looks better to me personally as opposed to the engine turned aluminum from performance pack, and the frosted aluminum look on the inside door handles, around the cup holders, and shift boot doesn't show nearly as many fingerprints and looks more premium than the chrome from 2015-2017 it also matches the look and texture of the toggle switches better. The soft touch and leather on the center console also help to make the car feel more upscale than before, the heated steering wheel is already serving it's purpose and maybe that's why the wheel is thicker but I like it more because of that too only gripe being that I think it sits a little higher in it's lowest setting. Seating position also feels a little higher but I could be wrong.

Behind the wheel
I've had it less than a week and mostly did highway driving so it hasn't really been put through it's paces just yet.
Magneride
Now it could be due to the Magneride but this car just feels so much more composed and solid feeling. I expected Magneride in it's softest setting to make going over bumps feel like night and day compared to ride quality in Performance Pack but so far it's just slightly more plush not really a massive difference.
Engine/Fuel Economy
I was somewhat nervous getting into a V8 for the first time and making a big jump from 310hp to 480hp but that quickly disappeared when I saw how manageable it really is. I can tell how much of a beast the 5.0 truly is but it's also a sweetheart that's eagar to rev and give you power in any gear something that can't be said for the 2.3 in 6th. My Eco struggled to maintain speed in 6th without dipping down in fuel economy, if babied I could see 30mpg but realistically it was moreso 25-27 on highway, 12-13 city (lots of stop and go in terms of lights and stop signs where I frequent) and 17 combined. That's a far cry from what's advertised, the 5.0 on the other hand managed to exceed Ford's claims of 25mpg highway and got 27 for me, and about 12mpg city which is what I'm used to seeing, this car is not going to break the bank which is something I was afraid of.
Exhaust
Active Exhaust is amazing, never drones on and make you want to push the car harder just to hear it roar, it'll make you ask yourself if you really care about getting the best mpg; unfortunately on my drive from Florida to New York I couldn't give it a real go until I made it past the break-in period, when I made it home a friend of mine best described the exhaust in Track and Sport mode as a thunderstorm that will definitely wake the whole neighborhood, Normal is good too, louder than anything my Eco could muster up stock and could possibly wake your next door neighbor so you'll definitely want to use the Quiet Start feature, it's like magic how this car can go from sounding like next to nothing to a stampede.
Clutch/Transmission
Lastly the clutch is a major improvement to me, a lot lighter which felt weird at first but then I also realized how much more linear it is, I can actually keep the ride smooth when shifting now, still not perfect so I may change the spring but definitely better. Rev Matching is greatly appreciated, while I could downshift on my own I couldn't help but feel like I may have been doing damage to the clutch, my Ecoboost was my first stick and no one in my family knew how to drive one so everything I learned was self taught through trial and error or from YouTube.

In closing I love just about everything about this car with the exception of the amber turnsignal lights in the front, I wish Ford went with a white light that switches to amber when the signal is activated especially being that the fog light right next to it is white, it would make for a more uniform look. Hopefully the aftermarket can come to the rescue because switchbacks was one of the first changes I did to my Ecoboost. I also hope this post doesn't seem like I'm bashing my Ecoboost, I loved every moment spent together in our 3 years, my Bullitt is just an improvement in every category which is more of a testament to the 2018+ models as opposed to the engine. My Ecoboost went 3 years 37000 miles without any creaks, squeaks, or rattles so I hope my Bullitt keeps up the tradition but so far it's safe to say that I'm overly satisfied with my car. :like:

IMG_20181028_151456.jpg
IMG_20181027_114942.jpg
IMG_20181027_181155.jpg
IMG_20181028_223127.jpg
IMG_20181027_125810.jpg
IMG_20181101_085713.jpg
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Congrats Derian. Welcome to the Bullitt club. :like:

OP
OP

deriiian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Acadia, 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the love

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Great summary and totally agree, especially the points about Magneride. The Bullitt just feels so different to my 2016 GT
Enjoy!!!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Great post and that's awesome that you made the road trip to get the car! Happy motoring!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I have K1254 so we aren't too far away from each other, chassis number-wise. Enjoy!

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet ride, enjoy!
Sponsored