Christmas in July

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
At the risk of getting razzed a bit, I am sharing photos of my pinstriped Bullitt Christmas ornament. In my introductory statement regarding my car I mentioned that the only modification I might make is adding some removable vinyl pinstriping. It’s just my way adding an identifying aspect to my car that’s individualistic. The process of adding pinstriping is pretty simple and if I decide I don’t like it, I can remove it and I’m only out a few bucks worth of pinstriping. It took a little less than an hour of my time. What I tried to do was pick up on and highlight the nice sculptured look of the fenders and doors. I looked at different colors to use and eventually decided that picking up on the red calipers was the most visually obvious thing to do while also recognizing the hint of Christmas colors that would result. If the car had come with silver calipers then I would have used silver striping and that would have been great as would gold with gold calipers. It’s hard to tell, but it is double striped tape. Lighting isn’t ideal and neither are my camera skills. Hope you all aren’t too rough on me or the Bullitt Christmas ornament... Bruce
CA678561-44A6-412E-A8AB-67B6018D5B5C.jpeg
4DCF3CA5-DECB-41A6-8D8D-5F9C1D7239A5.jpeg
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Looks good!

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
CB7F9D77-3971-447F-9613-67C80EB764C1.jpeg
At the risk of getting razzed a bit, I am sharing photos of my pinstriped Bullitt Christmas ornament. In my introductory statement regarding my car I mentioned that the only modification I might make is adding some removable vinyl pinstriping. It’s just my way adding an identifying aspect to my car that’s individualistic. The process of adding pinstriping is pretty simple and if I decide I don’t like it, I can remove it and I’m only out a few bucks worth of pinstriping. It took a little less than an hour of my time. What I tried to do was pick up on and highlight the nice sculptured look of the fenders and doors. I looked at different colors to use and eventually decided that picking up on the red calipers was the most visually obvious thing to do while also recognizing the hint of Christmas colors that would result. If the car had come with silver calipers then I would have used silver striping and that would have been great as would gold with gold calipers. It’s hard to tell, but it is double striped tape. Lighting isn’t ideal and neither are my camera skills. Hope you all aren’t too rough on me or the Bullitt Christmas ornament... Bruce
CA678561-44A6-412E-A8AB-67B6018D5B5C.jpeg
4DCF3CA5-DECB-41A6-8D8D-5F9C1D7239A5.jpeg
And I was concerned about my subtle red pin-striping being a little too Christmasy looking... Bruce
Sponsored