K&N Air Filter?

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Right now, I don't want to install a CAI, but I would like to install a K&N air filter.

I'm surprised that they still are not available for the 2015 Mustang. Only oil filters show up on their site.

Anybody else using another brand similar?
Sponsored

Last edited:

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I was thinking about going that route too. I guess I will have to wait.

Guard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Right now, I don't want to install a CAI, but I would like to install a K&N air filter.

I'm surprised that they still are not available for the 2015 Mustang. Only oil filters show up on their site.

I have a few connections with K&N and AEM and they are requesting to use my EB mustang for CAI development

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a few connections with K&N and AEM and they are requesting to use my EB mustang for CAI development
That's cool!

The oil filters just popped on their site yesterday, so it shouldn't be too much longer for an air filter.

Can you ask them how much longer they think it'll be? And I just mean for a drop in air filter, not a CAI.

Thanks!

Guard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
That's cool!

The oil filters just popped on their site yesterday, so it shouldn't be too much longer for an air filter.

Can you ask them how much longer they think it'll be? And I just mean for a drop in air filter, not a CAI.

Thanks!
I'll ask...

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

I want to go the K & N route too until I put on CAI. And I've also been checking the K & N site since I got the car. Maybe it want be too much longer.

As an aside, I changed the oil today at 1,300 miles. I know it probably was unnecessary, but I'm going on a trip next week to visit family and I thought I'd get the "break in" oil replaced. I went with Pennzoil's full synthetic made from natural gas. I used that oil in my G37s and have been very happy with it. Didn't realize that our Coyotes hold 8 qts. They're a beast.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Thought I would revise this thread.

Where are the K&N air filters? K&N, are you working on this?

Anybody know when the K&N filters might be out?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the K & N air filters are on the market. The part number is 33-5029. Apparently, the filter fits all three engines.

I just ordered one off the K & N site. It was right at $60.00 with tax. Free 4 to 5 day shipping.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the benefit ?
The K & N filters are reuseable (after cleaning and re-oiling) and provide more air flow than paper filters. Some say you can get a few more horsepower. A fellow I know who is way into racing and modding cars tells me the 2015 Mustang stock air box is pretty decent and by replacing the stock filter with a K & N, I could pick up a few extra HP. Maybe 5 to 8. The K & N allows the engine to breathe easier.

I've got the touring cat backs on Ruby and a Bama 93 octane tune. I may install a cold air intake in the future, but for now I'm just gonna run the K & N filter.

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks like the K & N air filters are on the market. The part number is 33-5029. Apparently, the filter fits all three engines.

I just ordered one off the K & N site. It was right at $60.00 with tax. Free 4 to 5 day shipping.
I have been checking and then stopped. I wonder when they appeared on the site! :)

neozeric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
The K & N filters are reuseable (after cleaning and re-oiling) and provide more air flow than paper filters. Some say you can get a few more horsepower. A fellow I know who is way into racing and modding cars tells me the 2015 Mustang stock air box is pretty decent and by replacing the stock filter with a K & N, I could pick up a few extra HP. Maybe 5 to 8. The K & N allows the engine to breathe easier.

I've got the touring cat backs on Ruby and a Bama 93 octane tune. I may install a cold air intake in the future, but for now I'm just gonna run the K & N filter.

Thanks. Makes sense.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium